It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NRA Boots to be banned from use at a government workplace

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Looks like the shoe is on the other foot for people outraged about Nike Shoes getting scratched after the company thrust itself into national politics as The Official Shoe of the SJW. Perhaps The Nike might deserve some kind of footgear Hall of Fame accolade for setting in motion a sort of Footgear Political Correctness paradigm.

NRA Boots to be banned from government offices
Washington, DC
September 12, 2018

According to sources within the Bureau, officials at the National Clean Up-Paint Up-Fix Up Bureau are considering banning "NRA Boots" from their offices and job sites. Progressive pundits and politicians have been outraged that government officers are allowed to go to work with National Rifle Association logos on their work clothes. Employers Associations have been arguing that work isnt the place for wearing politically charged logos and related graffiti to the potential discomfort of other employees and their customers. Last week a Colorado bakery got into hot water as they issued the same edict for their workers, and conservative social media lit up like an outrage Christmas tree, with some calling for a Constitutional Convention to settle the crisis. Some people on Youtube lampooned the situation by posting videos of Progressive Insurance t-shirts on fire. On the NASDAQ, textiles stocks shot up a whopping 42% in two days in expectation that people would be having to buy more clothes and foot wear following the looming event that some trends forecasters have already dubbed the 'logo holocaust'. Meanwhile in the NFL...
www.alienhooobahjoo.wtf...

Do you see the real life crazy world in my bit of satire, folks?

This idea that employers cant prohibit their employees from wearing stuff that has become politically charged is absurd.
edit on 17-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If you took the tag off how could anyone tell?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
Really dude? I just put up video and images of a direct attack from either Israeli or US missiles on the city that hosts Russia's air power in Syria, with background of the attack the Russians did on US forces in Tanf yesterday, and you follow that with a shoe thread??

Well, I promise you one thing. This thread about nonsense will get alot more pages than what I just posted, and we both know it.

How dare you!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

If they do that doesnt that infringe on your First Amendment rights?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

If they do that doesnt that infringe on your First Amendment rights?

I have a bag with "NRA" on the outside that they sent me when I paid for my lifetime membership (years ago). I used it for an overnight trip to Chicago once and the TSA went nuts when I tried to run it thought the metal detector. They pulled everything out, frisked me, etc.

Never brought that bag to an airport again. Who needs the hassle?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
I didn't even know the NRA had branded boots.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:38 PM
link   

As I said in the Nike thread this is ridiculous.

It's one thing if it's a competitor to your company and that is communicated at the time of hiring. But to tell people once they have already bought items that had otherwise not been banned, then employees are just supposed to go drop money on new apparel?

This sets a dangerous precedence. Where will it stop, vehicles?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Looks like the shoe is on the other foot for people outraged about Nike Shoes getting scratched after the company thrust itself into national politics as The Official Shoe of the SJW. Perhaps The Nike might deserve some kind of footgear Hall of Fame accolade for setting in motion a sort of Footgear Political Correctness paradigm.

Bull and s#. These boots look plenty sturdy for work boots, and maker should have no bearing on whether or not someone can protect their feet with them, just like Nike being a comfortable shoe for other jobs.

AGAIN, so long as workplace safety standards are met -- the footwear is up to baseline requirements snuff -- nobody has any right to tell someone what BRAND they can or can't prance around in all day.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Boots are dangerous weapons;

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah
Technically an employer can make it policy not to wear branded attire, as it could be seen as marketing or sponsoring such a brand. Every corporate employer I have ever had has had a similar policy in place. The boot itself is fine, but the brand would have to be removed or covered up somehow while remaining within the dress code policy.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

I was involved with building and provisioning a federal IT center a few years back. The federal government issued us new boots with steel toes to walk around the work site. Pretty nice boots. I still wear them.

However, the procurement of material by the federal government is governed by the FAR (federal acquisition regulation) and no political interests can be involved, other than the Buy American Act, and a few other stipulations. Local and state can still do this, but the Fed cannot.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

National Clean Up-Paint Up-Fix Up Bureau

Who the hell are these folks?

Never heard of them. What Agency are they with?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I own a pair that looks very similar to the black one shown in that photo, but they aren't NRA. At my previous workplace, I was told that I wasn't allowed to wear them to work because they had a "no-military-apparel policy" (because of the association with mass-shooters), and those are deemed "military boots" in their opinion. I'm a (relatively) sane person, and I only wear those in the winter because they have excellent traction on ice and snow.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:55 PM
link   

You've never heard of the National Clean Up-Paint Up-Fix Up Bureau?

They go way back:

Must see video. Bunch of comedians I tell ya!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:13 PM
link   

OH, these guys. Are they still in business?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Well if this is a politically charged logo, shouldn't Nike be included in the ban?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Xaphan

i wear these.
i get 1 pair a year paid by my company but i rock the met boots outside of work too.
not the same ones of course.

only way to go

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Have you tried out the Moon Boot yet?

Luckily McCain had crossed the isle and wore a pear so they wouldnt be dubbed partisan.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
NRA boots made in USA, unlike trumps and Ivanka line of clothes and accessories.

even trumps banners "Trump 2020" are made in China

www.snopes.com...

www.nbcnews.com...
edit on 17-9-2018 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:35 PM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Those are the rip offs. Officially licensed sedan MAGA and KAGA items are made in the USA. Please try to remain somewhat truthful here.

<<   2 >>

join