It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BREAKING: President Trump to Declassify Carter Page FISA Docs TODAY

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:21 AM
link   
I get this his supporters will advertise this move as being something that can be used in Trumps defence, a slap in the face to the left if you like but I have a different take on it.

I think this is going to back fire spectacularly.

Looks like most of the stuff that he has instructed to be declassified is relating to his opponents, those who could be (not saying they are outright) a real threat to him through the Russia investigation. I think this is him declassifying information that he can later use as part of his defence. In other words, I think this is a abuse of power, with him again meddling in the investigation. He is selectively declassifying stuff that he believes is going to be a useful defence for him, this is wrong.

I keep saying this but Trumps best move would have been to have just let the investigation run its course with him cooperating but making no public comments or making any moves to interrupt the investigation in any way right form the start. That ship though has long since sailed, but every time he does something like this he just makes it look worse for himself.

This could turn out to be a short-term victory that turns round and bites his big orange ass a few months down the line.
edit on 18-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:24 AM
link   
a reply to: OtherSideOfTheCoin

No way, Trump is playing 30D chess, he's that far ahead of everyone.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:26 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

I wonder if Schiff is mentioned in those text messages that will be released.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:27 AM
link   

originally posted by: Chadwickus

No way, Trump is playing 30D chess, he's that far ahead of everyone.

Of course he is.

Or...

If you want to look at it through the eyes of someone who is not part of his cult....

He is selectively declassifying information that he believes he can use to hurt those who are a threat to him in the Russia investigation and that he can use this information in his defence.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Anyone who has been paying attention and has an open mind not clouded by MSM BS can see that this Special Counsel and everything and everyone associated with it are biased and abusing their power in a political attack on the opposition.

And those of us who recognize this will be very glad to see this corruption exposed and crumble. America should not allow this kind of abuse. It does not bode well for our future or our children's future to allow this.

edit on 9/18/18 by BlueAjah because: (no reason given)

+11 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:53 AM
link   

So your advice is let the criminals keep criminaling till there done and do nothing.

Yeah ok I’m not reading your posts anymore🐑🐑🐑

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:59 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

Anyone who has been paying attention and has an open mind not clouded by MSM BS can see that this Special Counsel and everything and everyone associated with it are biased and abusing their power in a political attack on the opposition.

That is not rooted in actual evidence, or perhaps even this reality. What that is, is a logical fallacy.

You and people that believe such as you, and it is a matter of belief at this point, would not have to resort to using highly illogical arguments if you did have any actual proof of such a claim.

And those of us who recognize this will be very glad to see this corruption exposed and crumble.

So the corruption hasn't even been exposed yet? So how do you know about it?

Special powers? Perhaps a magic ball that lets you see in to the future?

Please use your magic time traveling ball and bring some evidence back from the future, please.

America should not allow this kind of abuse.

Can you even prove this kind of abuse is taking place?

It does not bode well for our future or our children's future to allow this.

Another logical fallacy. An appeal to emotion.

"Think of the children"...
edit on 18-9-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Uhmmm, transparent government?
This is a step in the right direction.

+16 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:44 AM
link   
the left: trump's a criminal, he's obstructing justice on russian probe

*trump comes clean declassifies documents so everyone sees what really happened*

also the left: trump's exposing his enemies its a political move

You people amaze me.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:50 AM
link   
how is revealing the truth obstructing justice?

and thats not what Rod Rosenstein and co are saying, they are saying releasing the info damages the security and intelligence gathering ability

they said the same thing about the memo and it was total bs

Mueller is locking people up for decades old minor crimes specifically so they flip on trump.
they dont even have to have real information, they can make it up...

its time to end the charade.

I wonder, if it is proven how corrupt the doj, fbi and certain members of congress have been - will you be so partisan then and demand they charged and prosecuted?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou
the left: trump's a criminal, he's obstructing justice on russian probe

*trump comes clean declassifies documents so everyone sees what really happened*

also the left: trump's exposing his enemies its a political move

You people amaze me.

You do know that both of those can be true, right?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: introvert

That's your opinion. And it means little to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

That's your opinion.

No. It is not. Both can be true at the same time. They are not mutually exclusive.

And it means little to me.

I never expected that it did matter to you. You have your mind made up. You have your agenda and narratives, and that is all that means anything to you.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
but, but, but.... The FBI can't do that!!
remember, it's too close to the election, wouldn't want the fbi to influence it, right???
first it was oh, this investigation has to be wrapped up before labor day because of this "rule"
but now it's oh, let's make the FBI and other justice departments dump all these documents so we can pick and choose and twist and turn and influence the voters to our side!!!
if you don't see something off with this, you are blind!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   
I thought 'transparency' from our government was supposed to be a GOOD thing.
Even Obama said it was.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BlueAjah

the Special Council is the only one not politicizing this crap!! heck the polywogs have to force them to release something so that they can twist it to fit their narrative because there really isn't much coming from the Special Council, which makes these indictments so much more interesting, they've given most of the few good nuggets to where the Council is at.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT
Even Obama said it was.

And I thought it would be a good thing to investigate a potential Supreme Court justice who was accused of sexual assault.

Go figure.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

Even Obama said it was.

And I thought it would be a good thing to investigate a potential Supreme Court justice who was accused of sexual assault.

Go figure.

Off topic and you've obviously just been triggered and are attempting to deflect...
BUT(since you've brought it up) Kavanaugh has been investigated by congressional committees and SIX times by the FBI already.
Monday, we'll be getting another hearing to which he's already agreed.

His accuser has yet to agree.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Even Obama said it was.

It's good unless it means exposing their crimes.

Go figure.

ETA:

edit on 18/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
never mind, got confused what thread I was on... this post was off topic..
edit on 18-9-2018 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join