It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US deficit skyrockets to $898 billion in August

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

originally posted by: Kharron

a reply to: Kharron

You might want to add 2009-2012. All those trillion+ Obama deficits.

Why don't you do that?

And along with it it would be fitting to explain why that is so, what the bailouts were about and who did the one that shows up on 2009 deficit?

2009 - 1.413 Trillion
2010 - 1.294 Trillion
2011 - 1.295 Trillion
2012 - 1.087 Trillion

So that would be over $5Trillion in Obama's first term.

And you ignored the rest of my question, of course.

Who did the bailout that caused the 2009 deficit? Hint, not Obama.

Do you think those bailouts successfully got us out of the recession in order to create those much lower post-recession numbers?

What caused the recession?

How big were the bailouts for those years?

How does any of this matter, unless Trump is digging us out of a recession left by the previous president? Hint, he is not.

Please be honest and answer all of those and you will see why I did not include numbers from the recession -- beside the fact that they have nothing to do with what is going on now, apart from "But Obama."

Aren't you better than that?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:41 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

8 Trillion to Be EXACT ......Hmm...In Retrospect , That's NOT a Good Return IMO .

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung

I guess everyone is happy that the tax cuts for the 1% will be costing our grandchildren billions, and they will be in debt forever.

...here I sit, far from the 1%, watching my annual income jump by over $2k thanks to those tax cuts. Sorry you didn't plan your career carefully enough to benefit from the logical and fair change made to this nation's archaic taxation scam... but there will always be those who lose out on a good thing, ya?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
If everything is so bad why is Obama taking credit for it?

You guys always avoid this question.. I wonder why?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:44 PM
link   
a reply to: toysforadults

If Trump didn't go golfing every week.

No. It would suit me just fine if he went golfing on a permanent basis, and I don't think it will be long before he'll be able to do just that.

BTW, the tax cuts are pathetic unless you're a billionaire, or haven't you heard? What did you get? $1.50?
Trickle down fails time and time again.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:45 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

" Money Talks , and Bull Sheit Walks "

Signed ...Og - 10,000 B.C.E. .
edit on 17-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

link   

Two K?

Still chump change.

You will pay more than 2K for the tariffs this year.

2K? Heh. Like I would even notice that.

link   

Obama added more to the debt than any other President in history, whilst also never hitting annual 3% GDP growth.
I know the left likes to blame their failures on others and steal the credit of others, but those are facts.
For all the massive spending Obama made, he presided over a painfully slow recovery.

The excuses made for Obama are tiresome.

Let's just go with the numbers.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: 10uoutlaw

just out of curiosity , were you doing this when Obama was running up deficits ?

Are you doing it now?

When is too soon to start caring?

And no, I wasn't, but I was not as informed as I am now. And I did write articles against Obama back then, just not the Monthly Treasury Statements.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:46 PM
link   
a reply to: angeldoll

No. It would suit me just fine if he went golfing on a permanent basis, and I don't think it will be long before he'll be able to do just that.

Do they have golf course at federal prisons?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Two K?

Still chump change.

I Definitely Have to Play Cards will you Man . I'll Even Let you Keep that Shirt...............

edit on 17-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:49 PM
link   

a reply to: angeldoll

Do they have golf course at federal prisons?
you guys are effing delusional..

LMAO..

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Two K?

Still chump change.

So, when you're waxing poetic against the 1%, do you ever pass by a mirror and start posturing and flexing at your reflection like a cockatoo with poor eyesight?

Yes, 2K... not chump change, actual real money. Wanna know why the Democrats lost in 2016 and will lose in 2018, 2020, and likely beyond? The answer is that middle and moderate America is sick and tired of the elitist, self righteous, arrogant cock of the walk routine. Two thousand dollars is very real money to the vast majority of Americans. Learn that and maybe, just maybe Donald Trump won't happen again. COntinue to live with cranial/rectal inversion on that fact, however, and Trump presidencies will become the norm.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:51 PM
link   
The deficit is a lie.

The Gov just does not want to stop spending, not that they can't.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

I am not sure he actually understands who the middle class is - probably thinks he's in it, whilst taking handouts and paying no tax, hence not seeing any tax cut.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

I BET I Could Spend a lot of CASH in More Creative Ways than you , and Also Make a Nice Little Profit Doing it . Imagination is the Greatest Force in the Universe ! Just Ask Jerry Diamond ..........

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:02 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Debt and deficit are two entirely different things. Look it up.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:11 PM
link   
End the Fed. Stop borrowing money at interest from private banks that don't have it to begin with.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Obama added more to the debt than any other President in history, whilst also never hitting annual 3% GDP growth.
I know the left likes to blame their failures on others and steal the credit of others, but those are facts.
For all the massive spending Obama made, he presided over a painfully slow recovery.

The excuses made for Obama are tiresome.

Let's just go with the numbers.

Thank you for illustrating what a straw man is. I let it go so I can point it out because I knew you would eventually go there.

Let me explain, YOU brought up Obama in a thread that presents numbers and does not mention any presidents by name.

Then you ignore questions and numbers that would re-direct you back on topic.

Then you come back, guns blazing, to say that "The excuses made for Obama are tiresome."

This is a great example of building a straw man and then using it to put an argument down, while being nowhere near the topic.

Thanks for the great example. I'll be around if you wish to discuss the topic of the thread.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:24 PM
link   

If everything is so bad why is Obama taking credit for it?

You guys always avoid this question.. I wonder why?

I'm not answering it because I have no idea what you're talking about. Is he giving interviews, taking credit for specific things happening, or did he say he left a good economy for those after him, in a generalized statement?

Link me to a transcript or an interview please, I'd like to know more about this. Particularly, what specifically he is or is not taking credit for.

Video would be awesome, but I'll read a transcript too.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join