It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

British cave diver is suing tech billionaire Elon Musk for defamation

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I'm tired of the accusations going around whether it's rape, inapropriate advances or pedophilia. If you can't prove it shut your pie hole. These slanders ruin lives.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:55 PM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

It's all ifs and maybes , perhaps we should address his posts more than his perceived intentions , but then again perhaps not on this case , we'd have to find more about his public activities since he seems to waving a flag saying 'look at me' .

He could about to release some new tech and needs prior attention to deflect something maybe expected that would be incoming : we'd need to revise the known facts more carefully at this point anyway

I'm guessing he could win the case , he'll look really silly if he doesnt

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Ummm...it's obvious that Elon Musk has inside information into Mr. Unsworth's proclivities...

There's more to this than chagrin from having his robotic sub idea spurned...if it were idle rumor...he wouldn't have repeated the allegation numerous times...

Regardless of how we all speculate...the ball is now in Mr. Unsworths court to disprove...

I guess we'll all find out in the end...right...?

YouSir

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:00 PM
link   
If he goes big with a claim that is notoriously hard to prove, especially with the popularity that Musk currently enjoys amongst the people most likely to be on the jury you make your job much harder.

By going low he makes it appear as this is just a lawsuit based on principle rather than cash in, and his odds of winning go up.

Least that is what my sleep deprived mind thinks.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: Irishhaf
If he goes big with a claim that is notoriously hard to prove, especially with the popularity that Musk currently enjoys amongst the people most likely to be on the jury you make your job much harder.

By going low he makes it appear as this is just a lawsuit based on principle rather than cash in, and his odds of winning go up.

Least that is what my sleep deprived mind thinks.

Naa I dont think he plans to win honestly

My theory is the guy might actually have a past that he doesnt want exposed, and this way he gets to hit back, but Musk will probably just throw him the money because its pocket change.

Then he doesnt look guilty because he fought back, and its not high enough for Musk to devote money and resources to expose him.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir
a reply to: gortex

Ummm...it's obvious that Elon Musk has inside information into Mr. Unsworth's proclivities...

There's more to this than chagrin from having his robotic sub idea spurned...if it were idle rumor...he wouldn't have repeated the allegation numerous times...

Regardless of how we all speculate...the ball is now in Mr. Unsworths court to disprove...

I guess we'll all find out in the end...right...?

YouSir

That's exactly what an asshole who spouts off against people without proof would want people to think.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

It's called taking the high road.

Personally, I'd settle for humiliating Musk in court. Demand a public apology, etc...

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:07 AM
link   
LOl…..ya right.....this POS is going to sue Elon...LMAO...they risked the lives of those kids more than they had to...it is what it is.
edit on 18-9-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: one4all

.....this POS is going to sue Elon...LMAO...

Why is he a 'piece of #'?
Please, explain.

And why shouldn't he?

....they risked the lives of those kids more than they had to...

Who did?
Vernon Unsworth?
Again, please explain.

it is what it is.

What on earth is that supposed to mean?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

That's my take too. By asking for peanuts (in Musk terms) he's trying to show it's principled litigation rather than vexatious or mercenary litigation. All he wants is his name clearing and Musk to stop the allegations.

No doubt Musk has a small team going through Unsworth's trash cans and interviewing neighbours. He's doubled-down three times already and is unlikely to settle out of court.

It's disappointing from my point of view because I rate Musk. He's a pioneering, living-the-dream, positive-outlook icon imo. Why on Earth he reacted so badly is beyond me. All I can think of is he got frustrated by all the recent social media hate and Unsworth just happened to get the venting.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Care to explain that little statement?

Why is he a POS? Conversely, why isn't Musk?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Good for him I’ve been saying he should do it since before the Musk doubled down on his stupidity.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: seagull

Care to explain that little statement?

Why is he a POS? Conversely, why isn't Musk?

He’s not rich or “visionary” like Musk.... SMH The Musk-aid drinkers are a strange crowd.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 07:55 AM
link   
@Freeborn & seagull...…...the buck stops at the word Pedophile...zero tolerance....all bets are off....not children EVER...once you see acceptance of this type of human piggery then to protect society you must paint the entire supportive group with the same red brush..The choice to go forward with the rescue under the conditions present with a better safer plan immediatly available was not the right decision nor was it the best decision....upon review of the OBVIOUSLY BASTARDISED processes which led to this less than optimal decision apparently some reflective data was revealed....OBVIOUSLY SOMETHING SMELLED FISHY IN DENMARK …. and this was the Pedo connection...as we all know today there has been a revolutionary effort to uncover Pedophiles who seem to have a massive Global network which reaches to every level of society....by proxy anytime we find evidence of any level of involvement by Pedos we MUST make overreaching efforts to ensure that this Global influence is in no way connected.I support Capitol Punishment for pedos.NO CHILDREN EVER.

Elon Musk hasn't even scratched Howard Hughes territory and that is the Gold Standard for eccentricisim.www.factinate.com...
edit on 19-9-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:03 AM
link   

I agree, absolutely zero tolerance for paedophiles.
Where I come from it is the lowest of the low and if they are found before the authorities then retribution is swift and very, very brutal.

But you've offered up absolutely nothing to suggest that anyone involved in this case had anything whatsoever to do with paedophilia.
Let alone specifically Vernon Unsworth.

Come on, give some supportive evidence and proof.

You haven't supplied anything to back up the accusations you made and certainly have gone no way in answering any of the specific questions I asked you.

Like Elon Musk; put up or shut up!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Freeborn

Agreed.
It is the worst thing I could imagine being accused of.
I'd be tempted to punch him in the face after winning my case in court, knock the prick out and face the consequences of any assault charge.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Freeborn

I agree, absolutely zero tolerance for paedophiles.
Where I come from it is the lowest of the low and if they are found before the authorities then retribution is swift and very, very brutal.

But you've offered up absolutely nothing to suggest that anyone involved in this case had anything whatsoever to do with paedophilia.
Let alone specifically Vernon Unsworth.

Come on, give some supportive evidence and proof.

You haven't supplied anything to back up the accusations you made and certainly have gone no way in answering any of the specific questions I asked you.

Like Elon Musk; put up or shut up!

My money is on Elon....and I look when someone yells fire....I didn't make accusations I made statements.....Elon made accusations and I back Elons accusations...your questions belong in a court of law and this is the Peoples Court of opinion and query......in answer to your specific questions....he is a POS because Elons says he has Pedo connections and I put my money on Elons information and I am aware I am abbrogating willingly due processes .... Unsworth shouldn't sue because the kids he has harmed haven't sued him.....as part of the group decision to move forward to soon and under less than the safest conditions possible Unsworth is a part of the THEY I referred to...….it is what it is means that this is simply a basic storyline of Elons word against Unsworths word....a public slap to the face from Elon to a Pedo….and if Unsworth chooses to even stick a toe into a court of law or any reason and is nailed down under oath he will likely end up in a prison for the rest of his life...…. many Pedos hide behind the law and behind threats of civil litigations...I guess Elon considers it a good investment to state his truths unabashed and backed up by one hades of a warchest if someone doesn't like what he has to say and decides to litigate him.....lol.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Blind faith in anything or anyone only resulted in death or huge disappointment.

Why would anyone suspend reasoned thought and not require any sort of evidence and just blindly support an accusation of such a horrible crime?

Do you know Elon Musk personally?
Do you know Vernon Unsworth personally?

Why support one man's unsubstantiated word over another's purely because he's rich and famous?

Truly beggars belief.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Blind faith in anything or anyone only resulted in death or huge disappointment.

Why would anyone suspend reasoned thought and not require any sort of evidence and just blindly support an accusation of such a horrible crime?

Why support one man's unsubstantiated word over another's purely because he's rich and famous?

Truly beggars belief.

No Women and no Children...EVER...cross those boundaries and then you in my eyes lose your right to exist.....I am a HUGE FAN of Capitol Punishment....and legal reform to support such....and I do subscribe to putting the benefit of the doubt in the favor of protecting Women and Children....full stop.Like I said I put my money on Elon....lifes a gamble now isn't it.Current history evidences that the System you are trying to support has failed us and is in dire need of re-structuring and this means following due course...I trust there are many who will work hard to ensure this happens properly....unfortunately I am not one of these people who look to find solutions from within the cauldron of crap we call processes today....I prefer to think outside of the box...obey the laws of the land seeking proper reforms but thinking outside of the box. In this case its a simple civil matter...Elon made a claim...some support him some don't...Umsworth made a counter-claim some support him some don't....a civil court of law will decide of it goes that far....and until then all we can do is voice our supports for one side or the other....we have processes to rely upon to define what is legal and what is not and how we must behave ....however we must decide individually what we feel is right and what is not.....I support the laws of the land hoping for changes and I feel like Elon is doing the right thing so I voice my support for him.

Isnt it a good thing we have courts of law and due processes...because if we didnt then King Solomens laws might be applied.....just imagine a world where there were no rules....just imagine.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 09:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: one4all

Truly beggars belief.

No Women and no Children...EVER...cross those boundaries and then you in my eyes lose your right to exist.....I am a HUGE FAN of Capitol Punishment....and legal reform to support such....and I do subscribe to putting the benefit of the doubt in the favor of protecting Women and Children....full stop.Like I said I put my money on Elon....lifes a gamble now isn't it.Current history evidences that the System you are trying to support has failed us and is in dire need of re-structuring and this means following due course...I trust there are many who will work hard to ensure this happens properly....unfortunately I am not one of these people who look to find solutions from within the cauldron of crap we call processes today....I prefer to think outside of the box...obey the laws of the land seeking proper reforms but thinking outside of the box. In this case its a simple civil matter...Elon made a claim...some support him some don't...Umsworth made a counter-claim some support him some don't....a civil court of law will decide of it goes that far....and until then all we can do is voice our supports for one side or the other....we have processes to rely upon to define what is legal and what is not and how we must behave ....however we must decide individually what we feel is right and what is not.....I support the laws of the land hoping for changes and I feel like Elon is doing the right thing so I voice my support for him.

Isnt it a good thing we have courts of law and due processes...because if we didnt then King Solomens laws might be applied.....just imagine a world where there were no rules....just imagine.

I'm sorry, but this is rubbish. You're saying 'I love Elon Musk so therefore he has to be right about everything' and ignoring the fact that Musk has slandered a man and provided absolutely no proof for his claims.
This is an open and shut case for libel.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join