It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A book on Atlantis

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Eye of the Sahara is the concentric circle that Plato once described most likely.
However they called Atlantis, which means the island of Atlas, stretching from Libya to Asia I found it quite bizarre.
I think Atlantis was a huge continent more like from part of Atlantic Ocean all the way to the middle east downward.
If you do a little digging, there are a couple of old maps that label Atlantis as right below the Sahara desert.
To prove it 100%, someone just gotta go in there and start digging real hard.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:11 AM
link   

originally posted by: Dumbdowned
Eye of the Sahara is the concentric circle that Plato once described most likely.
However they called Atlantis, which means the island of Atlas, stretching from Libya to Asia I found it quite bizarre.
I think Atlantis was a huge continent more like from part of Atlantic Ocean all the way to the middle east downward.
If you do a little digging, there are a couple of old maps that label Atlantis as right below the Sahara desert.
To prove it 100%, someone just gotta go in there and start digging real hard.

I've never read anything that mentioned -from Libya to Asia- but I I'm not discounting it. Do you have any kind of source?

I have heard stories about much of north africa once being a lush, green land. Some archeological digs found that there were plenty of lakes in areas around the north west part of africa at one time. I watched something on skeletons they found in the sahara that concluded to this. They could tell that some of the skeletons in the graves had sat in water while the others stayed dry. Very interesting stuff. Also the whale skeletons and all that. Much of that area was under water at some point. Found a video on it:

All this in mind, I really believe that north africa might have been under water enough in some areas to where Atlantis could have easily fit in there with the Eye being the center of it all. I also believe that the mysterious desert glass has something to do with the destruction of Atlantis:

edit on 19-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

It was in Plato's Critias that tells us of Solon's account about location and/or the size of Atlantis.
He said an island continent greater in size than Asia and Libya combined.
You just gotta take out an old map and see how big Ancient Libya was at the time and what part of region was specifically called Asia back then.

<< 1   >>

join