It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A book on Atlantis

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I'm not sure how to really begin a book. Im not really sure how to write one to be honest, but I think I know where Atlantis is and I dont want to do a YouTube video on it. I want to make sure I can get the facts on the area etc. I dont know. I dont know how to explain what i want to ask, but what I think and where is different.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:57 PM
link   
a reply to: ExCloud

Last I heard it's in the Sahara desert. West side.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:58 PM
link   

There are a lot of ways to write a book. Maybe start with a chronological approach? I Believe Plato is the first to mention Atlantis in the "Dialogues," as a story related by Socrates.

Check out the Jowett edition of "The dialogues of Plato".

Move on from there.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:21 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Same and it is. Thats been found but its all there on how it was destroyed etc in the geography. Its crazy. Also can relate to why Nazis were in Lybia etc. My brains been on over drive.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Topographical mapping, earth movements since antiquity. references from trading partners, possible shipping routes. Migration patterns. Out of place objects. And the possibility it is a fictional land, invented by public speakers and orators as amusement from the likes of Plato and those living in that time.

7 billion people..? our current population, aerial photography, computer recognition.. it seems inconceivable it hasn't been stumbled across by now. But Göbekli Tepe is a recent find, so who can say for sure.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I kinda believe that. Eye of the Sahara.

I feel it's also inspired for the Eye of Ra

I saw the whole atlantis episode last night (both of them) on 'In Search Of'. Good show... now if it weren't so full of BS! lol

I was sure the guy who said Morocco was going to point him to the Eye of the Sahara. It would have been a perfect ending for the information he showed. Still, I think the fella was off a bit.. Some of these guys were making up their own list of what to look for.

Plato said so little about Atlantis and what he did say, he was very specific.

- Beyond the Pillars of Heracles

Why were so many people saying it was there and there and there, all within the mediterranean? So silly.

- Concentric circles

Every single little circular structure was a "clue" that their choice was the place. Plato mentioned that the center was land water land water land water plain.

- Island in the Atlantic

Once again... Everyone pointed to islands in the mediterranean. So silly!

- Conquered LARGE amounts of surrounding lands... Large amounts of land in Africa, Europe, Asia... They pretty much ruled the Mediterranean with the exception of Athens.

That means they had influence over all surrounding lands. They had their people there in every little nook and cranny I imagine. This means they didn't get wiped out, only their kingdom.

Then some lady says... If your blood type is negative, then you're a remnant of Atlantis because it's only 15% of all types. She was part of that negative 15% blood type and she "realized it". Yeah... Some expert.

Personally, I think it was centered at the eye of the sahara. It fits the design, the measurements, the location, the geography, the islands off to the west (directly west), Atlan mountains to the north, the culture, the influence on the lands and islands around... Close to Egypt, the huge smear of 'something' when you look at it from the sky. It looks like there was a massive tidal wave that just wiped right across it all the way to the west. Perhaps there was an abundance of water in that area. If you look at the maps, you can see a lot of old (big) river traces all through that land. The river could have ported out to the ocean. Plato did say that it was muddy as hell when it sunk below the sea and no one could get to it. I'm sure once the water drained out all the way, nothing was left. You could probably find artifacts but just how deep would you have to dig?

Think the remnants of the desert glass they found in Ethiopia has something to do with it? It is supposed to be due to an impact. Africa does appear to be an island of sorts and it's HUGE... It could have been separated from Saudi back then, flooded by large rivers.

So much you can write about... Throw some imagination in there.. Make it tell a story about a peoples and their conquests rather than the little facts that people don't even follow. It can be fiction based on the only evidence we have and know... add the one place that fits it as the source... The eye of the sahara

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Read as much as you can.... Watch everything ever done on the subject. You have a theory... But there are dozens and dozens of theories all different with MILLIONS $$$$$ invested in books and videos already.

Writing a book is easy... Editing it harder, publishing it? 50/50. Good luck... and believe in yourself. Do your research and go for it!

MS
Published Author x 4 books (none self-published)..plus 70+ blog articles elsewhere

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

That video presents a compelling argument, thanks for that.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:29 PM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Ive done the research. I have all my sources. Ive cut up images to show what I mean if i need to describe something in person. I just dont know how to like explain what I know and can see happened clearly. Also would need a geological survey of a lot of things. haha

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I should say I dont know how to make like a YouTube video or a Book on it.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   
a reply to: StallionDuck

Yes a lot of this, but so much more. Its wild. Well my theory is wild. maybe not so much some of the crap I have heard is crazy this is actually plausible I think. I don't know it clicked.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Haha Crazy?

Have you heard some of the stuff that's making the big haired guy and his buddies loads of money and TV series?

now THAT's crazy

Atlantis is one of my first loves when it comes to stories heard as a child. To this day I still can't get enough.
edit on 17-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:18 PM
link   

I cant even write well enough to make a proper well made post on the subject. It sucks.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExCloud

I should say I dont know how to make like a YouTube video or a Book on it.

Come up with an outine, chapters and some reference credits for where you got your ideas, links, pics etc.

Start wring your chapters. Have a friend read it as you go or when finished so you can tweek it. A book proof-reader/editor can cost a couple $$ per page.

Good luck. All it takes is a computer or pen and paper to get going. Looking forward to reading your theories!

Best... Oh. And ask questions as you go. ATS'rs are pretty helpful!

edit on 17-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueJacket

That video presents a compelling argument, thanks for that.

I thought so too. Check out his other videos, they're all pretty good on a wide range of subjects and you're welcome. 👍

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: ExCloud

I cant even write well enough to make a proper well made post on the subject. It sucks.

Try this... Pick someone you feel would be the best narrator. Someone with a cool voice. Imagine that person telling a story. Write that story down as you're hearing it through that person's voice.

In college, I used to write papers with a slight comedic side. I used to imagine a voice from a random Monty Python comic as I was writing. It always gave a little something extra to my papers that my professors enjoyed.

I always imagined being an Author when I was in highschool. It's all I wanted to do. Now days, I imagine that writing would require endless amounts of brandy and scotch and I don't know if I want to go down that road. lol
edit on 18-9-2018 by StallionDuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Excellent advice.

Google how to and you'll (OP) will get some ideas on how to format your thoughts and your information. There are a lot of step by's out there.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

I kinda believe that. Eye of the Sahara.

I feel it's also inspired for the Eye of Ra

I saw the whole atlantis episode last night (both of them) on 'In Search Of'. Good show... now if it weren't so full of BS! lol

I was sure the guy who said Morocco was going to point him to the Eye of the Sahara. It would have been a perfect ending for the information he showed. Still, I think the fella was off a bit.. Some of these guys were making up their own list of what to look for.

Plato said so little about Atlantis and what he did say, he was very specific.

- Beyond the Pillars of Heracles

Why were so many people saying it was there and there and there, all within the mediterranean? So silly.

- Concentric circles

Every single little circular structure was a "clue" that their choice was the place. Plato mentioned that the center was land water land water land water plain.

- Island in the Atlantic

Once again... Everyone pointed to islands in the mediterranean. So silly!

- Conquered LARGE amounts of surrounding lands... Large amounts of land in Africa, Europe, Asia... They pretty much ruled the Mediterranean with the exception of Athens.

That means they had influence over all surrounding lands. They had their people there in every little nook and cranny I imagine. This means they didn't get wiped out, only their kingdom.

Then some lady says... If your blood type is negative, then you're a remnant of Atlantis because it's only 15% of all types. She was part of that negative 15% blood type and she "realized it". Yeah... Some expert.

Personally, I think it was centered at the eye of the sahara. It fits the design, the measurements, the location, the geography, the islands off to the west (directly west), Atlan mountains to the north, the culture, the influence on the lands and islands around... Close to Egypt, the huge smear of 'something' when you look at it from the sky. It looks like there was a massive tidal wave that just wiped right across it all the way to the west. Perhaps there was an abundance of water in that area. If you look at the maps, you can see a lot of old (big) river traces all through that land. The river could have ported out to the ocean. Plato did say that it was muddy as hell when it sunk below the sea and no one could get to it. I'm sure once the water drained out all the way, nothing was left. You could probably find artifacts but just how deep would you have to dig?

Think the remnants of the desert glass they found in Ethiopia has something to do with it? It is supposed to be due to an impact. Africa does appear to be an island of sorts and it's HUGE... It could have been separated from Saudi back then, flooded by large rivers.

So much you can write about... Throw some imagination in there.. Make it tell a story about a peoples and their conquests rather than the little facts that people don't even follow. It can be fiction based on the only evidence we have and know... add the one place that fits it as the source... The eye of the sahara
u

The Mediterranean formed as the African tectonic plate pushed upwards towards the Eurasian tectonic plate. That pushed and tilted land upwards and downwards. So rivers could have flowed backwards, oceans pour into seas. Most rlvers are on a slight gradient. One earthquake and that gradient can be reversed, fault lines can open up and take all the water.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 06:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Excellent advice.

Google how to and you'll (OP) will get some ideas on how to format your thoughts and your information. There are a lot of step by's out there.

I know. Im $11,000 in debt for an international rock stars bio that has been in editing for 2 yrs in London at a publisher who is going belly up, contract cancelled, 3 years writing by my co-author and myself, interviews with rock stars, legal permissions to quote... and now? Prob will go to Universal to whom our group has rights with... 5 years lost and a lot of gray hairs..... It's up to them...

So... Do your research, follow an outline, get help editing it... Never give out THE WHOLE WORK to anyone before hand... just snips of it.

And keep at it, don't give up... and good luck!

edit on 18-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

edit on 18-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: Oops

top topics

<<   2 >>

join