It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can You Build Up Bad Karma from Dreams?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   
I have mostly positive and uplifting dreams, but occasionally I will have a dream that leaves me disturbed. One of the recent dreams that bothered me was a scenario where I became unhinged angry at one of the individuals in the dream. It is out of character for me to react so emotionally and I couldn’t understand why I was feeling emotion to the degree I did in this situation.

What concerns me the most is that I may have failed some sort of test while dreaming. I wouldn’t react like that in real life, but by becoming so emotional, does one build up bad karma in the dreamstate? Especially if this scenario was part of a test I failed? Anyway, it left me concerned since I am trying to work off bad karma during this lifetime and not to add to my existing mistakes.

What do you all think? Can dreams build up new bad (and perhaps good) karma? I am interested to know what others think.

ETA: I am not interested in debating the existence of karma. For the purposes of this post I would prefer we all make an assumption that karma and reincarnation are part of our life cycle. If you wish to have a debate about this then I respectfully ask you to start your own thread. Thank you!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
No. It's dreams.

(post by olaru12 removed for a manners violation)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
This is a very interesting thought. I liked your sensitivity towards your principles.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: Metallicus

The most interesting theory I've heard on dreams is that we run simulations that feel real at the time that way we can experience things before we encounter them in real life. While this is happening you have the same emotional response in the dream as typically it will feel real. Much like rabbits dream of running from predators and cats dream of stalking prey, it is so that we can give our mind practice without the ramifications of failure.

I think you're fine dude, I've had some disturbing dreams stick with me for a few hours today, but I haven't felt a rush of bad karma after some of my more effed up nights of dreaming haha.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:49 PM
link   

I don't think you have anything to worry about. Dreams usually do not mean what we think they do. In our waking lives we are responsible for our actions and therefore shall be balanced by karma for them, but in our dream state we have no control over our actions as they are the result of our subconscious doing its own balancing.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I would have to say no, since people are usually not in control of their dreams. Now maybe if some super advanced occultist knew how to navigate his dreams, and effect your's somehow, then yes maybe.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

One of the recent dreams that bothered me was a scenario where I became unhinged angry at one of the individuals in the dream. It is out of character for me to react so emotionally and I couldn’t understand why I was feeling emotion to the degree I did in this situation.

You say that in the dream 'you' became angry but really.... 'you' do not appear in the dream.............you simply witness the dreaming.
The way to eliminate karma is to recognise that whatever is happening......sleep dreaming or waking state.......you are the seeing of the dreaming.......there is no you 'in' the dream. The dream is in you.
Life is but a dream.
We are such stuff that dreams are made on.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   

That is a very VERY interesting question. I would say no seeings as dreams are based on so many different things.

I wouldn’t worry about it man. If you have a good heart you are just fine.

I hope your day gives beauty to you and that you can let this go.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   

I think no.

I think sometimes what we do in dreams is an expression of something we can't do in waking life. It's not a failed test. It's a pressure valve.

Confronting deeper, darker parts within us is part of working out unresolved karma.

edit on 17-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

The honest answer is nobody knows.

My opinion through reading and experience is 'karma' can express itself through our dreams. Feelings of guilt or anger struggle to find an outlet because we all tend to push them down. By that I mean people have a lot going on in their subconscious and they burst out in dreams.

Now maybe something's been gnawing away in your subconscious and finally got the leading role in one of your dreams.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
I appreciate the responses.

My overall opinion is that we can use dreams to work off karma or perhaps receive messages to help us in our waking life, but I find it useful to get the perspective of others.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I have killed in dream. In my dream I knew I did and I was freaking out. I am glad I woke. Karma is a Bitch so you never know, I hope not.

I just hope dreams are not just different dimensions that our consciousness goes. If that is the case then maybe yes.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: Metallicus
I have mostly positive and uplifting dreams, but occasionally I will have a dream that leaves me disturbed. One of the recent dreams that bothered me was a scenario where I became unhinged angry at one of the individuals in the dream. It is out of character for me to react so emotionally and I couldn’t understand why I was feeling emotion to the degree I did in this situation.

What concerns me the most is that I may have failed some sort of test while dreaming. I wouldn’t react like that in real life, but by becoming so emotional, does one build up bad karma in the dreamstate? Especially if this scenario was part of a test I failed? Anyway, it left me concerned since I am trying to work off bad karma during this lifetime and not to add to my existing mistakes.

What do you all think? Can dreams build up new bad (and perhaps good) karma? I am interested to know what others think.

ETA: I am not interested in debating the existence of karma. For the purposes of this post I would prefer we all make an assumption that karma and reincarnation are part of our life cycle. If you wish to have a debate about this then I respectfully ask you to start your own thread. Thank you!

Nope. Just dreams. Karma doesn't exist in twilight manipulations of the mind.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Dreams are just glimpses into the other humans that we are connected to via electric universe.

So that means that your ability to control dreams is really you helping your other selves make it through the day.

So....yes if you have bad intentions and such then that energy will find it's way into your waking hours. and vice versa

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Think of it like a 12v battery. Each cell is made up of 2.5v. If that battery energy is converted into say 110v then that would mean that the origional 12 was just repeted until it reached 110. That would mean those origional 12 would have influence on its "clones'.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I Envy You , or am Glad I am Not You . I NEVER Remember Personal Dreams . Am I Blessed or Cursed for this my Friend > ?
edit on 17-9-2018 by Zanti Misfit because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:14 PM
link   
If what you meet in a simulation is not am awareness then you cannot create suffering and therefor no karma. If there is a real awareness entangled into the simulation then you can create karma.

I hope most of our dream are just us playing around with simulations.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Since karma is nothing more than religious superstition, of course you can't.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join