It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Musings About The Soul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:01 AM
link   
I believe that consciousness came before matter. That's what I take from all the creation myths. Before the Big Bang there was the word and the word was "god". God to me is the greater overseeing divine, which keeps on splittering into all those smaller souls, like you and me and animals and plants, microbes, ... in my world all biological life has a soul. But we are not detached from the g.o.d., like a friend of mine here on ATS once described it there is one big motherboard in the background (or "heaven" if you can see that as not the sky above but the loose tiny dots everywhere through which we are connected) & we are little USB-drives with a small portion of all the available data.
I think that is a pretty description, you could also go with "every soul is one leaf of the tree", or "one drop of the ocean".

I also like to imagine there are sub-gods, which hold together a bunch of souls, but not the whole thing, how many and how far that goes is a matter of interpretation, if you think about ancestor-worship like in Asia, it could be each family has a collective g.o.d. folder, maybe nation wise too, or planetary.
I believe that there is more to the evolutionary aspect of inheriting fear, f.e. than pure survival, not just to mice but to us humans too. We have for each folder the sub-history in which we are villains, victims, saviours, ... but there is also always this small string we weave into the greater history of all humans. On planet Earth. As a whole.

Of course I can't prove the existence of a single soul, but it can be felt through direct experience if you want to you can live your soul as part of a bigger "consciousness being" and you'll find reward, friendship, love & all of that. Or you decide there is nothing which connects you with anything, but very often that leads to depression.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Have you read the "Seth Material"? If not, think you might find it quite interesting!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: Boadicea

Never heard of that, thank you, now I got something new for my reading list!

Bringing reincarnation into it, would make little computers out of the usb-drives I think

edit on 17-9-2018 by Peeple because: Add

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Peeple
all biological life has a soul.

I find this probable, however I think it would be more likely that a "soul" or spirit might be assigned to a collection of "lesser" lifeforms, like an entire forest, rather than one spirit per plant within it. Either that or there are no spirits directly associated with it or the plants in it, but the forest and its plants could regardless be considered to have a "soul" in that they are the direct products of conscious creation, and therefor part of god. Basically, all matter within the universe could be considered to be imbued with spirit. Christianity teaches that "god is everywhere and in all things", which is basically what I'm getting at.

But we are not detached from the g.o.d., like a friend of mine here on ATS once described it there is one big motherboard in the background (or "heaven" if you can see that as not the sky above but the loose tiny dots everywhere through which we are connected) & we are little USB-drives with a small portion of all the available data.
I think that is a pretty description, you could also go with "every soul is one leaf of the tree", or "one drop of the ocean".

Ultimately, everything would be part of god. However, how "close" or "far" we are from the perfection of it is up to us. Even though I understand that ideally, we should exist in total unconditional love, I at this time choose not to despite knowing such an existence is sub-optimal spiritually, simply for the fact that I am currently unwilling to let go of certain desires. I am part of creation, but choose my place within it. I kindof see it not as being a leaf on a tree, but choosing whether to be the leaf OR the tree, if that makes sense. You know the tree is more advanced, but perhaps you just want to be a leaf.

I also like to imagine there are sub-gods, which hold together a bunch of souls, but not the whole thing, how many and how far that goes is a matter of interpretation, if you think about ancestor-worship like in Asia, it could be each family has a collective g.o.d. folder, maybe nation wise too, or planetary.
I believe that there is more to the evolutionary aspect of inheriting fear, f.e. than pure survival, not just to mice but to us humans too. We have for each folder the sub-history in which we are villains, victims, saviours, ... but there is also always this small string we weave into the greater history of all humans. On planet Earth. As a whole.

I think I agree with this but I'm slightly confused about the way you put it.
I think there is a hierarchy of spirits, much like there is a hierarchy of humans on Earth - mayor, governor, president, etc. Just as each of these people have their own unique escalating authorities, so do I think spirits. I know Judaism has a complex explanation for these various spiritual hierarchies. So, for example, one angel may be responsible for the health of a lake and everything in it, another angel may be responsible for directing the workings of an entire country, and another may be responsible for overseeing an entire tribe or ethnic group, regardless of physical location on the Earth. What you said could very well be true, that certain spirits are associated with certain families throughout time - much like the concept of a guardian angel, but for multiple people collectively. If you read about demonology and angelology, you'll find that many are assigned to specific tasks, or even individual planets - for example, one angel may be the angel of the planet Mercury, while another may be the angel of the wind in the southern hemisphere, and the same for demons.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: trollz

Thank you for taking the time.

I think I agree that for funghi, forests and so on there might be more the whole system functioning under the guidance of a soul. I wasn't aware christianity has such animistic traits?

To decide if you're the leaf or the tree makes sense if there is a forest in the next step and a planet in the next and ... bigger and smaller as a decision I make depending on what I can handle (this life time)?

I was avoiding the word angels on purpose because I'm really thinking of it as "like god but responsible for only a smaller portion of the whole collective consciousness". With angels I don't know what to think really, are they sub-gods?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I wasn't aware christianity has such animistic traits?

It might not, that's just kindof my personal interpretation. As I understand, Christianity teaches that god is within everything that exists, so to me that's basically animism - the idea that everything is "alive", or possessing some sort of spiritual component.

To decide if you're the leaf or the tree makes sense if there is a forest in the next step and a planet in the next and ... bigger and smaller as a decision I make depending on what I can handle (this life time)?

I meant in terms of spiritual development... Like if you understand that you could live a life of pure love for everyone and be on a higher, more complete spiritual state of being, but you knowingly choose not to because you aren't ready to let go of certain lower desires, such as for example envy. For me personally, if I died and was given the choice of where on the spiritual scale to reside, I wouldn't go to the very top. There are lower states of being I'd choose first. Another example would be that I understand we're supposed to love everyone, but instead I see certain people as being "lesser" than myself and look down on them. I'm just at the particular state of existence where I'd rather do so than to feel love for those specific people, even though I know it would be the ideal way to exist. This choice of what sort of spiritual state to have carries on into the afterlife, which is what I meant about choosing whether to be the leaf or the tree, instead of being a leaf ON a tree... Does that make more sense?

I was avoiding the word angels on purpose because I'm really thinking of it as "like god but responsible for only a smaller portion of the whole collective consciousness". With angels I don't know what to think really, are they sub-gods?

That's basically how I see it. My understanding of angels (without associating a religion to them) is that they're created for specific tasks on behalf of the overall creator, but without free will of their own - basically the spiritual version of robots, so kindof like sub-gods in a way. What I think a lack of free will means is either that they don't consciously think, or they ONLY act when instructed to do so, and then they will ONLY do whatever task they're given and nothing else... Or that they are only able to do a very specific task and nothing else, I guess like... If you look at a manufacturing line, and there is a robotic arm that moves a specific piece of metal from one spot to another spot. That robotic might have a very high level of strength and be able to lift very heavy objects, but that is the only thing it does.
I find it likely, however, that just as there are various forms of physical life (cat, dog, tree, etc) there are various forms of spiritual life as well. Some of these are discussed within Christianity and Judaism - Seraphim, Cherubim, Principalities, Angels, etc. Each of these are kindof their own unique lifeforms. Principalities, for example, are tasked with guiding entire civilizations or nations, whereas a "guardian angel" might be a kind of angel assigned to a specific individual person to guard them against anything outside the will of god and its plan for that person.
There are other forms of spirits that are discussed elsewhere that I find interesting as well, and even interdimensional beings that aren't necessarily spirits but nonetheless exist in a different dimension of reality.
I don't like using the word angels either because it tends to get confused with "spirits", of which angels are just one specific type, like how a cat is just one type of animal.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:32 PM
link   
well God takes me to Eden & takes my human body apart into layers, & my consciousness is suddenly in all the different layers at the same time & so i find myself in a number of different places at the same time. Then God moves my consciousness to the original layer which appears to be made from living clay. God puts my soul into that clay body which is small & then puts that body into another body, & then those two bodies into another & another. Till i end up as a multi-layered human being back on earth with my consciousness fixed on the outer layer seeing only the earth layer. But i know that my original body is made from the dust of Eden & is the deepest layer of my self that never leaves me. So my soul comes from God & passes through lots of layers of the universe & has a body for each layer. God made me leave my earth body thousands of times & i instantly find myself in another body that i was already in all the time, & it is living in a parallel earth with a family & life all of its own. And each life seems to be an alternate pattern of the earth life, so that we get to experience life from all the different angles at the same time instead of just one fixed point of view. I just spent hours with God again & am completely amazed at God's powers. I want you all to meet God in person & to let God teach you what the soul & the spiritual side of life is like. I could try to explain it to you but there are still a lot of things i cannot comprehend yet. Sometimes God transforms me into a multi-armed god or a god with vast power & wisdom, & yet i know i am still a tiny nobody compared to the big God. I think we all become little gods in the future. God says the earth is a school run by the devil & all young souls are sent here to learn about good & evil. And then we are able to be better gods in the future when we receive godly powers. God said that no souls are ever forsaken or abandoned. Each one is part of a family & has its own family watching out for it. The spiritual side is like a vast society which is strictly ordered & no random events take place that are not brought back into line. I simply surrender myself to God & let God lift up my soul & take it places to learn things. I never for a moment try to control my spiritual path. I just let God teach me & i remain submissive & at God's service all the time. I've tried for decades to explain to people what God & the spiritual side of life is like, but there is not a person on earth who is able to listen to anybody except their own self. They are all in their own little bubble trying to think their way out. It's pointless trying to teach people anything at all. You just have to state your point of view & expect no one to ever understand a thing you say, unless it it something they have already thought of themselves or is similar to the way they think

edit on 17-9-2018 by SourcePage because: add typos

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Where I was coming from in terms of sub-gods is that consciousness just like matter clumps. More a buttom-up approach. Die first consciousness before matter would have naturally been a lot less complex, whereas now a few billion years later it was developed into one gigantic univese-wide consciousness cloud with various "folders", non-physical but overspanning different life forms. Maybe even the dead planets have a consciousness and the Milky Way has a collective g.o.d. too.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Where I was coming from in terms of sub-gods is that consciousness just like matter clumps. More a buttom-up approach. Die first consciousness before matter would have naturally been a lot less complex, whereas now a few billion years later it was developed into one gigantic univese-wide consciousness cloud with various "folders", non-physical but overspanning different life forms. Maybe even the dead planets have a consciousness and the Milky Way has a collective g.o.d. too.

You mean like every living human eventually merging into one single consciousness with god?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Or burning on entry, yes. I don't quite know how you got there from what I wrote, but yes

new topics

top topics

join