It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Taiwan trembling with fear as dragon arms itself

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stealth Spy
what's with the "anti-sucession" law anyway ??

It's a law that a lot of countries actually have, it will force China's hand to attack Taiwan if it declares independence.

Ironically, the U.S also made an anti-secession law just before the American Civil War.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rapier28
It's a law that a lot of countries actually have...

Do you know if such a law exists in regard to Hawaii ? It'd be interesting so see their reaction to that... They make so much money of Tourism there, keep that in mind...

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I dunno about any specifics, but the US would have a general law regarding anti-secession from the USA.

The Chinese anti-seccession law is also a general law, i don't even think it mentions Taiwan.

posted on Mar, 20 2005 @ 09:24 PM
link   
So much media hype has turned this issue into so much more than it actually is... The only thing that would make Taiwan and China lead to a full scale war is if Taiwan rocks the boat for some stupid reason or another...

What is Taiwans reasons for becoming independant... How are they being opressed (if at all)... As I have said before... It would be on paper only, them becoming independant would just be a matter of principal...

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join