It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reps NUNES and SCHIFF Agree To Release All 70 Witness Transcripts. Any ATS Theories on this Rarity?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:50 PM
link   
September 16, 2018

House Intelligence Committee chairman, DEVIN NUNES said this morning that he will be releasing transcripts of the 70 witnesses interviewed during the committee's Russia investigation. Their report concluded (among other things) that the Trump campaign did NOT collude with Russia to affect the 2016 Presidential election.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes said Sunday that the transcripts and documents from witnesses from the chamber’s now-concluded Russia investigation need to be made public ahead of November’s midterm elections.

"We believe that the depositions that we took, I think nearly about 70 people, those need to be published and they need to be published, I think, before the election," Nunes, R-Calif., said during an interview on "Sunday Morning Futures."

Nunes added: "I expect to make those available from our committee to the American public in the next few weeks."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

What I found puzzling, is that the committee's top Democrat ADAM SCHIFF, agrees that they should be released. In fact, he urged chairman Nunes to do so back in June of this year.

The release of House Intelligence Committee transcripts of all the witnesses interviewed for its Russia investigation would "facilitate" the work of special counsel Robert Mueller, according to Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the panel.

In a statement Sunday, the Schiff, D-Calif., seized on the revelation by Chairman Devin Nunes on Fox News earlier in the day that his committee will release the transcripts from the 73 people who were interviewed for the now-concluded probe.

Public release of the transcripts will "facilitate the work of the Special Counsel, who will have access to the evidence contained in the testimony and may consider who may have committed perjury before Congress," Schiff said.
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com... ork

We know that Devin Nunes is PRO-Trump. We know that Adam Schiff is ANTI-Trump. The NEVER agree on anything!

So how is it that each man feels releasing the transcripts will bolster his position? Any theories??

-CareWeMust

edit on 9/16/2018 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Schiff is just playing a game that he can't win.

The burning will start soon.

💥😃💥

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Sometimes people (regardless of politics) want the truth to be known?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

They are trying to get ahead of Trump declassifying the FISA paperwork.

They hope that if the investigation wraps up soon then Trump will not go to the "scorched earth" policy he promised.

So just damage control for the midterms...

An opinion, as always.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Schiff is just playing a game that he can't win.

The burning will start soon.

💥😃💥

Schiff has schifted tactics then. Hail Mary is what you're implying?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Sometimes people (regardless of politics) want the truth to be known?

After these interview transcripts are released to the public, it will be interesting to see how each side (Reps and Dims) SPIN the overall testimony.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Things are getting pretty interesting, huh?

Thanks for sharing!

edit on 17/9/2018 by vinifalou because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:48 AM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

You're saying that Nunes/Schiff are hoping that releasing the transcripts may force Bob Mueller to wrap up his investigation soon?

I don't think these will have an effect on the FISA/302/Gang-of-8 document declassifications though. That's still coming. The problem lies with the White House attorney team that's working on what keep redacted. The team leader, Emmet Flood, is against releasing any of it. Working very s-l-o-w-l-y.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:49 AM
link   
a reply to: vinifalou

So many moving parts, it boggles the mind!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
a reply to: Lumenari

You're saying that Nunes/Schiff are hoping that releasing the transcripts may force Bob Mueller to wrap up his investigation soon?

I don't think these will have an effect on the FISA/302/Gang-of-8 document declassifications though. That's still coming. The problem lies with the White House attorney team that's working on what keep redacted. The team leader, Emmet Flood, is against releasing any of it. Working very s-l-o-w-l-y.

No... sorry.

What I am trying to say is that Mueller would like to wrap up the part of the investigation that deals with collusion, in the hope that Trump doesn't just declassify the FISA document (and who knows what else.)

After all, if he does that, then Trump later declassifying anything to do with Russians and Trump would not have as much political weight... it would be seen as just dirty politics on the Trump side to try to obstruct the other side of the investigation... which coincidentally deals with obstruction.

The Mueller investigation itself is only going to end when Trump leaves office.

They are just trying to jettison the "Russian-Collusion" part because it is putting the investigation itself into jeopardy.

Hope that helped.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

What I found puzzling, is that the committee's top Democrat ADAM SCHIFF, agrees that they should be released. In fact, he urged chairman Nunes to do so back in June of this year.

Maybe the transcripts are not going to say what any of us think they are going to say.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

Maybe the transcripts are not going to say what any of us think they are going to say.

Maybe. Possibly. Probably.
Is that not the entire point?

And forgive me for playing Devil's Advocate, and maybe it's been covered, but is it possible that Schiff is NOT on the take?

Serious question...

This ain't R vs D, folks.

The ENTIRE malignancy has to be excised. I don't give a F what party affiliation letter appears next to their name.

Surely there are at least a FEW Ds that have kept their nose clean, yes? No?

There are bitch Rs as well as Ds, because NOTHING is ever THAT simple, yes? No?

Burn 'em ALL if they are dirty.

Otherwise, why the hell are we even talking about it?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:25 AM
link   

September 16, 2018

House Intelligence Committee chairman, DEVIN NUNES said this morning that he will be releasing transcripts of the 70 witnesses interviewed during the committee's Russia investigation. Their report concluded (among other things) that the Trump campaign did NOT collude with Russia to affect the 2016 Presidential election.

House Intelligence Committee Chairman Devin Nunes said Sunday that the transcripts and documents from witnesses from the chamber’s now-concluded Russia investigation need to be made public ahead of November’s midterm elections.

"We believe that the depositions that we took, I think nearly about 70 people, those need to be published and they need to be published, I think, before the election," Nunes, R-Calif., said during an interview on "Sunday Morning Futures."

Nunes added: "I expect to make those available from our committee to the American public in the next few weeks."
Source: www.foxnews.com...

The release of House Intelligence Committee transcripts of all the witnesses interviewed for its Russia investigation would "facilitate" the work of special counsel Robert Mueller, according to Rep. Adam Schiff, the top Democrat on the panel.

In a statement Sunday, the Schiff, D-Calif., seized on the revelation by Chairman Devin Nunes on Fox News earlier in the day that his committee will release the transcripts from the 73 people who were interviewed for the now-concluded probe.

Public release of the transcripts will "facilitate the work of the Special Counsel, who will have access to the evidence contained in the testimony and may consider who may have committed perjury before Congress," Schiff said.
Source: www.washingtonexaminer.com... ork

We know that Devin Nunes is PRO-Trump. We know that Adam Schiff is ANTI-Trump. The NEVER agree on anything!

So how is it that each man feels releasing the transcripts will bolster his position? Any theories??

-CareWeMust

Self-vetting....both sides are showing an America first color....and IMHO its a darn good thing they are..Trump and Friends are clearly taking no Prisoners and giving no mercy....clearing completely out and I mean BAILING RIGHT OUT OF YOUR CAREER AND YOUR POWER POSITION NO MATTER HOW BIG OR SMALL is the only way to survive this for those little minions who are now being openly and freely sacrificed to Trump and Friends by the bigdogs of the global cabal.

I would suggest this....the ONLY impact that could or would or should encourage this type of co-operative support of a solidified America is the 7 letter word that starts with a T....get it........I would think twice about doing anything that could be percieved or evidenced to represent intentional efforts to create domestic social or political unrest in America right now...there is this little thing called Domestic Terrorism and this little thing that happens when paid politicians and others partake in Domestic Terrorism and its called Trea......oops better not say it huh.....lol....because these two things often go hand in hand.

edit on 17-9-2018 by one4all because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

Pretty easy to see why both would want them released.

One side wants to release them so that many of the unfounded conspiracies can be laid to rest and the info is out in the open.

The other side wants to release them so they can create more conspiracies that will be sold to the Right Wing boobs.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Probably because SCHIFF doesn't want all the stuff he did to come out , and will take a partisan attack on Trump backfiring. How about if the Trump is going to show that Schifty has been waist deep into a bunch of crap, so Schity backs down slowly, maybe retires for pounding the fake Russian narrative, but the real crap he did will never see the light of day. He avoids jail at best, being hung(see statement that Bush 41 was supposed to have said) at worst.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I suspect that Nunes and Schiff perceive these transcripts through partisan blinders. Their perceived biases has united them in believing that these transcripts will be helpful.

Experience says that both sides will create spin before the midterms and those in the middle will still be disgusted with the whole game of perception manipulation.

My bet is that these will not be helpful but simply create more confusion and distraction.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   

After these interview transcripts are released to the public, it will be interesting to see how each side (Reps and Dims) SPIN the overall testimony.

That's the key right there. Schiff has probably made a long list of statements that he plans on taking out of context like he always does.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined

That's the key right there. Schiff has probably made a long list of statements that he plans on taking out of context like he always does.

Actually, I think you may be referring to Nunes. He's the man that has done exactly that, many times over the course of this issue.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:52 AM
link   
After Ohr and Page’s testimony it became clear to Shiftless that they are the weakest links and both are going to flip .

I new Ohr was a spineless wimp the moment I saw his picture. To me that made him a coward and very good news for Trump .

Page being a lawyer will certainly look out for her number one client. (Herself )

Shiftless is just trying to keep his head above water.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Pretty easy to see why both would want them released.

One side wants to release them so that many of the unfounded conspiracies can be laid to rest and the info is out in the open.

The other side wants to release them so they can create more conspiracies that will be sold to the Right Wing boobs.

yep, that's what CNN does. Should be interesting to see how hard they spin it.

new topics

<<   2 >>

join