It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto wants to take away GUNS and open up the BORDER!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

Skeery guns are skeery.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:41 PM
link   
Some people just want to limit freedom.

I don't know why and I really should stop caring.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:44 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

What part of common sense gun laws dont you understand? Do you support drug legalization?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Joecanada11

Yes.

Just amused that someone can be so authoritarian, so anti freedom, and actually try to defend authoritarian rule.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Hey Himler, just push for labeling gun owners with yellow stars they have to waer.

It'll make it easier to identify us.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Its called common sense. Having guns is great we have them up here. But there are rules and laws we have to follow and you scream authoritarian blah blah.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Dictators always start with common sense and loyal obeyers.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:55 PM
link   

Right... keep thinking that

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Right... keep thinking that

You are anti freedom.

Pretty simple.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:15 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

I was wondering the same thing.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was a 31M as an enlisted man - Multichannel Equipment operator. After that, I went to college and ROTC. Went to airborne and Ranger school during the summers as an MS-3. Became a 25A - In the signal Corps, attached to an artillery and later an infantry command.

Mostly did support for the 75th Ranger Battalion.

The AR-15 (i have one) performs the same function that the M-16, and later M-4 did for me during my 15 years of service. I never used full auto on the A2's except to burn up some ammo on the range. The burst was better, but I never used that either.

For all practical purposes, my new Stag Arms AR-15 is much better then the 16's I carried, simply because it has had less rounds thought the barrel, and I upgraded the bolt. My 15 never jams, but I was issued plenty of worn out 16's in my day that were crap.

Thanks for your service. I was in from 1985 - 2000. Maybe we shared some dirt.

ETA: I have 2 Nagants, The M1 Carbine and Garand, and the rest are hunting rifles. However, the Nagants shoot as well as my Ruger 77, so they go hunting with me and my sons also.

I know many combat vets that would rather have their civilian ARs over issued equipment, most armory guns are pretty clapped out and even when new there are always just as good if not better parts on the civil AR market.

Now as far as the AR15 being the super killer gun that only criminals would need crap is just that, crap. You can take a lever gun and with a litttle more training not be far off the speed of your modern go fast tacticool carbine AR for aimed shots. If determined people want to do so bad things with a firearm they’re going to make whatever is available work to the same effect or near enough to not matter. The key is not to limit the legal ownership of firearms but instead encourage people to use their rights to carry and crimes will fall in a hurry IMO.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: SlapMonkey

OK, but I could still qualify on the range with my AR-15. I could still engage targets out to 450m with my AR-15. I sure as hell would want my current AR over many of the old junk 16's I had to carry.

I'm not disagreeing with that, I'm saying that the functionality of the two internally differs enough to make one designed for war and one not. Hell, I could qualify on the range with my bolt-action, magazine-fed .270, but it's not a weapon of war. But this is a dead issue.

121 was in Kitzengen? They also had a posting in the US?

I was with 32nd ADCOM, in Graf from 85-88. 3rd Army.

Hawk ADA unit.

121st Sig died out in Germany, but prior to 1996 was a CONUS unit. Yes, I was in Kitzingen, from late '98-early '02.

Graf SUCKED! I hated going there, but it was what it was--I only knew if from going to the field, but it always seemed like the weather was terrible. I really enjoyed living in Kitzingen, but spent most of my time in Wurzburg. I miss that place.

That won WWII.

They helped win the war, sure, but there were many other factors that actually won the war. I would argue that a brutal Russian winter did more for Germany's defeat than the M1 Garand. And remember, that rifle wasn't widely used until the final year of that war--before that, it was bolt-action Springfields. Too bad we didn't have the Garand from the start--probably would have made a much bigger difference.

Don't visit Russia in the winter unprepared. #FreeTip

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:38 AM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

People in Deerfield are Illinois citizens. If it wasn't for the lawsuits, the edict would have gone into effect. Whether or not I can take you at your word when you say that local authorities wouldn't have confiscated weapons is irrelevant. To be fair, though, the ordinance seems to mandate a turn-in and a fine more than a confiscation, but how do they enforce a fine if they don't forcefully enter a home and prove that you still own a banned weapon?

The point is, it could have been enforced. There are myriad unconstitutional laws enforced across the nation on a daily basis, and continue to affect citizens because no one chooses to challenge them in court. Let's not pretend that these types of things can't and don't happen. I understand that the person to whom you replied was being slightly generalizing and hyperbolic, but the fact that a town would pass such a thing should be reason for concern--and while I assume the outcome of the lawsuits, nothing is guaranteed in this politicized judicial system anymore.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

You have the patience of a SAINT DBCowboy! I had to block his posts... I can't take that much brainwashing this early in the morning!

Py

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:13 AM
link   
a reply to: pyguy

I had to block his posts

How did you accomplish the block?

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:32 AM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Check U2U, I can provide details if you're interested.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Beto will get my vote, if only as a way to attempt to remove Ted Cruz.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: Joecanada11

Its called common sense. Having guns is great we have them up here. But there are rules and laws we have to follow and you scream authoritarian blah blah.

I’ll play. Please share all of your “common sense” gun laws that you think will prevent future crime, all future mass killings, all future suicides, and will absolutely prevent criminals from having guns while your common sense laws prevent all law abiding citizens from owning/using them.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: pyguy

OK. I thought you were using something here.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

No, sadly, they even removed the "Honored Foe" tag. So I had to find my own solution

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join