It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beto wants to take away GUNS and open up the BORDER!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

Wisconsin must suck...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Beto winning doesn't necessarily indicate the system is rigged. It would indicate about 15% of those self-reporting as Republicans are considering voting for Beto rather than Ted Cruz.

www.texasmonthly.com...

Why would that be happening?

Because, as I've learned upon moving to West Texas, a great many of those self-reporting as Republicans are actually RINOs. They vote for RINOs like Will Hurd, a Republican Congressional House Representative.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes

Wisconsin must suck...

Great fishing.

And cheese.

The farm girls are cute.

Not all bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Correct me if I'm wrong about my assumptions, but what really puzzles me about those who want to ban firearms and curtail firearm ownership rights is that for the most part they live in urban areas and those urban areas on the Coasts.

In many of those urban areas, the local governments have already enacted laws making it difficult to own firearms, NYC for example.

The natural enemy of such people are the populations living in fly-over country and particularly the rural areas because they are typically pro-2nd Amendment type folks.

So you report that in those areas with higher gun ownership, suicides are considerably higher. That means of course that if you're anti-2nd Amendment, your natural enemies are..................killing themselves thus reducing their numbers, thus reducing the number of people supportive of the 2nd Amendment.

So ..........maybe the proper position for a "Progressive" would be to continue to inact laws in your Urban areas that make it difficult to own firearms, while at the same time encouraging gun ownership in the areas like fly-over country where your political opposites live?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

hat means of course that if you're anti-2nd Amendment, your natural enemies are..

Umm...where did I say that I am anti-2nd?

Where did I say that I am not in a rural area?

I have multiple firearms. I hunt each fall, and turkey in the spring. I own handguns, and a few military rifles. Several shotguns, and a few black-powder pieces.

I have a shooting range in my back field. See, "back field?"

Does that sound urban to you?

I was pointing out that rural white men kill themselves a bunch with their firearms.

I think you allowed your bias to make stupid assumptions about me.

Try again skippy.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:30 PM
link   

O.K., fine.......thanks.

I just don't understand why you would be pointing out the rural suicide rate. But........whatever.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:34 PM
link   
a reply to: TonyS

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:44 AM link edit quote reply originally posted by: Teikiatsu Did your source detail localities? I'd be willing to bet the majority of those crimes/deaths comes from the Democrat-run cities (both states) with stricter gun laws.

My reply
The highest deaths come from middle-aged rural white males who kill themselves with firearms. Suicide. They are sad about something.

Responding to another poster who had his facts wrong. Another called me out for sources.

Read the thread history.
edit on 17-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Let's just say I live in a family full of non-white immigrats who saw many dead from a country that tried out the Marxist Utopia. What is your background?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: joemoe
a reply to: JohnnyCanuck

Let's just say I live in a family full of non-white immigrats who saw many dead from a country that tried out the Marxist Utopia. What is your background?

Thanks. Canadian of German descent. I would suggest that you acquaint yourself fully with those terms that you collectively equate with the Democrats.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: Wide-Eyes
a reply to: Grimpachi

Well something isn't adding up here.

Texas: 434.4 per 100000.

Illinois: 436.3 per 100000 citizens.

The figures suggest that gun laws don't achieve sh!t.

Did your source detail localities? I'd be willing to bet the majority of those crimes/deaths comes from the Democrat-run cities (both states) with stricter gun laws.

Precisely my point.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Honestly, you guys do literally make me piss myself laughing sometimes.

Democrats = Commies.
Republicans = Fascists.

If either of those were true you wouldn't be allowed to post your musings and opinions on an open, public discussion forum like this where you are free to discuss all sorts of topics, real and imaginary.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Admitted
The article says Beto didn't receive a rating, not an F.

Anyway, I can't imagine those 90% of Texan hunters with AR-15's are especially worried about Beto coming around and taking their guns.

No one is taking anyone's guns, not in Texas or anywhere in America.

Its already happening in Illinois.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Thanks for the links. What I find interesting is in your links is that (a) firearm-related suicides are on the decline in both men and women, and (b) that suffocation-related suicides are rising. I just find that to be odd.

Still, even though you cited Maryland and Wisconsin, I don't see anywhere that notes that the rural suicide rate amongst...what was it...oh yeah, middle-aged white men is a national trend. It might be, but as a general statement, it's not supported with what you gave.

But it's irrelevant, anyhow, when the on-topic discussion is about some ignorant politician wanting to ban AR15s and claiming that they are tantamount to M4s or M16s.

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: SlapMonkey

The AR acts like an AR. I used them in the military. BTW, we only used full auto for suppressive fire. $ seconds and 30 rounds gone. Real infantry used semi. And later the burst mode.

An AR-15 can pretty much do what the 16, or m-4 can do.

Calm down, I was in the Army, too--I fully comprehend with an M4 and M16 can do and when each firing selection is appropriate.

But, no...an AR15 can only do one of the three options of a military weapon--semi-automic firing--which can also be done by myriad other rifle, handgun, and even shotgun designs.

An AR platform is not a military weapon nor was it designed to be. If you can't follow along with that bouncing ball, then discussing the matter with you is utterly fruitless and a waste of everyone's time.

Out of curiosity, what was your specialty as an officer in the military? I have seen you say more than one ignorant thing about military-related discussion, so I'm interested to see. 56A? 42C, perhaps? I'm not saying that I'm a military expert or anything, but at least I'm not making up BS claims about military versus civilian weapons and using the but-I-used-one-and-own-one-so-I-know-better-than-you claim to substantiate being willfully ignorant on the subject matter.

I also was issued one and used one during my military career. I also own one--well, owned one...just sold it to get a better one that the M&P Sport. I know the spec differences and different design components between an AR versus an M4 versus an M16. Just because they look similar does not make them equivalent firearms, and quite frankly, I'm tired of that garbage claim.

That's something someone of your claimed credentials should fully comprehend without fail, yet here you are, perpetuating "that fib." I could go all day on this topic, so you might want to stop while you're less behind.

I fully believe that you were an officer, though, for sure.

What military rifles do you own? If the type starts with "AR," then you don't own military rifles. You have to start understanding that if you want people to take you seriously, regardless of your arsenal. I know people who own a lot of tools but don't know the difference between a hex wrench and a socket.
edit on 17-9-2018 by SlapMonkey because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

Did you read my prior post? 2 out of 3 gun deaths are suicide. Most rural, white middle aged men.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   
I see the idea pool is rather shallow in this thread. I'll sum it up for everyone:
"FEAR THE DEMOCRATS!!!!!!"
edit on 17-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

Beto recieved the “F” rating by the NRA.

From the link:

U.S. Rep. Beto O’Rourke, D, El Paso.
NRA rating: N/A
NRA campaign contribution: None

What fake news do you work for other than here?

I don't really like either of these men for the office.
edit on 9/17/2018 by roadgravel because: fix quote

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

I don't see the 'F' rating you are talking about either. I see "N/A" instead. I always though that N/A means "not applicable" instead of "failing".

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

I was a 31M as an enlisted man - Multichannel Equipment operator. After that, I went to college and ROTC. Went to airborne and Ranger school during the summers as an MS-3. Became a 25A - In the signal Corps, attached to an artillery and later an infantry command.

Mostly did support for the 75th Ranger Battalion.

The AR-15 (i have one) performs the same function that the M-16, and later M-4 did for me during my 15 years of service. I never used full auto on the A2's except to burn up some ammo on the range. The burst was better, but I never used that either.

For all practical purposes, my new Stag Arms AR-15 is much better then the 16's I carried, simply because it has had less rounds thought the barrel, and I upgraded the bolt. My 15 never jams, but I was issued plenty of worn out 16's in my day that were crap.

Thanks for your service. I was in from 1985 - 2000. Maybe we shared some dirt.

ETA: I have 2 Nagants, The M1 Carbine and Garand, and the rest are hunting rifles. However, the Nagants shoot as well as my Ruger 77, so they go hunting with me and my sons also.
edit on 17-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

It does. The data is missing or something. Anyway, he most likely is an "F" in their eyes. I just don't like misleading stuff like that one.

These men are quite different and I wish there was some one else. I suppose, in general, turkeys are the one who want political office.

edit:

I get to vote for or against these two.
edit on 9/17/2018 by roadgravel because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: roadgravel

Well I'd say that your assumption isn't evidence of your claim. The poster was right that Beto doesn't have a rating yet. Even if that rating will eventually be an F, you are still misrepresenting your source.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join