It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

General Michael Flynn sentencing September 17th

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: JasonBillung
a reply to: howtonhawky

Michael Flynn’s Dec. 1, 2017, entered a guilty plea for lying to the Federal Bureau of Investigation. The former White House national security adviser pleaded guilty to a single count of making false statements.

Guilty.

Maybe he bargained down from more serious crimes? Who knows?

But he plead guilty, and is now a criminal.

Do you think that someone who pleads guilty to a crime is somehow not pleading guilty to a crime?

What kind of logic is that?

Is it OK to obstruct justice?

This is interesting. Your words indicate that some people, who are admitted criminals, are not really criminals? I guess when Trump admits that he is a criminal, and resigns, you will say he is not really a criminal?

LOl

You are not taking into account the cost of defending ones reputation against a system that has unlimited funds.

Personalize it and ask yourself how far in debt or how much money would you be willing to lose to defend against a CHARGE.

I am not speaking of guilt or innocence but rather power and currency flaws with the system of justice.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

Flynn is an admitted criminal.

Yes or no?

Or is reality different when you are on Team Trump?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:04 PM
link   

So you are saying that Flynn didn't lie to the FBI, and obstruct justice?

Are you sure you want to go on record with that?

Because the FBI isn't saying that, and the Mueller investigation isn't saying that, and Flynn isn't saying that, and the judge isn't saying that....

So where do you gain this special knowledge?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:06 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

So you are saying that Flynn didn't lie to the FBI, and obstruct justice?

Show your work as to how you came to such conclusion based on my post.

I made very clear points and do not really care to jump into your land of assumptions.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:39 PM
link   

OK, straight up - is Flynn, an admitted criminal, a criminal?

I don't think you will answer this question, because it is too straight forward.

Are people who admit to crimes criminals, by definition?

Do words matter, or do some folks get to plead guilty to crimes and still not be considered to be what they are admitting to - being criminals?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:43 PM
link   
a reply to: JasonBillung

That is not straight up question and you know it.

You put two entirely different choices in one question as if they were the same.

If you are asking me if fylnn pled to lying then the answer is yes.

If you are asking me if flynn lied then the answer is not so clear and is very much up for interpretation.

You have to look at all the factors involved such as money and influence.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Easier question then.

Is Flynn considered a criminal according to the laws of the United States of America?

Jesus, this is like pulling teeth from an angry mule.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Easier question then.

Is Flynn considered a criminal according to the laws of the United States of America?

What are you up too here?

The answer to your question is in the post you responded to.

If you are asking me if fylnn pled to lying then the answer is yes.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Easier question then.

If you would like to debate what flynn said and such then quote his comments and give context as to who,what,where and when.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

I accept your apology. Next time please be honest from the start.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:06 PM
link   

I accept your apology. Next time please be honest from the start.

Another load of total bs.

You are peddling crap and attempting to entrap people with loaded questions and you intentionally are disingenuous with your questions then you come back by posting lies saying i am not honest.

That is real creepy.

You failed to make even one valid point in our little discussion and then instead of being human you take the dishonest route yet again by claiming yet another lie and this time aimed personally at my character.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Didn't mean to trigger you.

I still accept your apology.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Innocent people do end up pleading guilty when they are under tremendous pressure.

Lets see, don't plead deal and get 10 years for doing nothing or just plead deal and get 2 weeks, they don't care as long as they can put something on Trump in the end.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
General Flynn will make big bucks regardless of how this turns out. But when an average person pleads guilty to a felony, his/her life is pretty much screwed.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

a reply to: Xcathdra

Dunno. Where is your link so I can find out?

Flynn already plead guilty to his crimes. Maybe not all of them, but at least one. So now he is a criminal. What part do you not understand about pleading guilty, and being a criminal?

When a person takes a plea deal they waive their right to discovery. That means the prosecution is not required to turn over any evidence to the defense.

The judge ordered it because Flynn is getting screwed over by Mueller.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: BlueAjah

Innocent people do end up pleading guilty when they are under tremendous pressure.

Lets see, don't plead deal and get 10 years for doing nothing or just plead deal and get 2 weeks, they don't care as long as they can put something on Trump in the end.

Seems to be the game plan. But then again, if you don't commit crimes then folks on ATS won't call you a criminal.....

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Didn't mean to trigger you.

I still accept your apology.

No one is apologizing to you for anything and your continuance of putting forth lies about my statements shows that you never had any intent of truth.

Facts

People plea to charges all the time that they never committed for various reasons usually in relation to money.

People often answer questions without ever fully realizing the true context of the question.

The best example of that was your loaded question here...

I applaud you for bringing into light the exact means that someone could answer a question truthfully to the best of their abilities and still be considered to have told a lie. Just because i did not fall for your trap does not mean that others such as flynn have not been caught up in some BS like such.

The big question still remains that if flynn was lying or not and without dragging into context all the specifics and taking into account the amount of money it takes for defense in such cases we can safely assume that it is all opinions and he should be givin a sentence of time served at the most. Many would drop the charges or throw the case out and that could also happen.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:45 PM
link   

The big question still remains that if flynn was lying or not

Yes. So is he lying about being guilty? Or was he just lying, and is guilty.

Either way, he is guilty of lying.

And he is an admitted criminal.

A felon.

So which way is he lying?

I still accept your apology for not being honest about Flynn's lying.
edit on 17-9-2018 by JasonBillung because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Flynn already plead guilty to his crimes. Maybe not all of them, but at least one. So now he is a criminal. What part do you not understand about pleading guilty, and being a criminal?

Sorry your team lost this November. And in 2020. We'll keep voting for criminals as long as you keep getting triggered over it.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: rollanotherone

Sorry your team lost this November. And in 2020. We'll keep voting for criminals as long as you keep getting triggered over it.

Good to know you support criminals for public office.

This explains how you can support Trump.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join