It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker's Comp Is To Blame For The Weather Channel Video

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

LOL , Was that the Ferocious Wind or a Wire ? .......)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:08 PM
link   
a reply to: openyourmind1262

I'm in virginia here.. we are still waiting, hoping that it doesn't flood too badly. but wth, it's been flooding alot around here lately anyways, probably wouldn't notice much of a difference this time really. but they were cleaning out the stores I think around four or five days before the storm even hit the carolinas. we wanted to come up with some big containers to hold water, since that was the only thing we were worrying about really, the electricity going out and losing the water. no, no containers. my son works at a convenience store and they got shipments in every day, but they were gone by noon. finally he just stashed some for us in the backroom this past friday. no milk anywhere, no bread...
can't help but wonder if there isn't some kind of economic incentive to playing up these storms.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:15 PM
link   
You know how all this fake news started?

Reality TV.

I remember when the show Big Brother aired for the first time and watched a few episodes, I predicted this would be the future of TV.

It was a cheap production providing cheap drama that the people loved. And it was all fake.

Never thought it would continue on to real news, but I'm not a psychic.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Groot

Remember Dis Guy ? A Mix of Truth , and Sometimes Misinformation , but Always in the " Know " About Things.....Hmm...

link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: MissSmartypants

It is entertainment, not news
Actually manipulation designed to be entertaining to make it more effective. I am a conspiracist after all.

Yet you believe it's all due to workman's comp? That's not much of a conspiracy.
No no no. News being a means to manipulate is the conspiracy. Keep up.

link   

originally posted by: schuyler

originally posted by: MissSmartypants

originally posted by: norhoc

It is entertainment, not news
Actually manipulation designed to be entertaining to make it more effective. I am a conspiracist after all.

Yet you believe it's all due to workman's comp? That's not much of a conspiracy.
No no no. News being a means to manipulate is the conspiracy. Keep up.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

But they always buy the two most perishable items...milk & bread. Go figure. The folks around me went ape shat crazy. I mean it was nothing left in the Foodlion we buy at. I prep to begin with so I don't really worry to much about it. But my wife let's the T.V. people whip her into a damn frenzy. Had to buy water of all things. Water.....we're on a well with an emergency backup for water....but nooooo, we had to buy water.
edit on 16-9-2018 by openyourmind1262 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
What all weather people need is a damn window in the studio in which they televise their BS. A big window, pull back the curtain and say " See that, that's the weather outside "...now to sports with Dick Donavan. Pumping the mass's up for major destruction then it turns out not to be quite that bad. I live in N.C. and in our area we were told power gonna go out. Not a maybe a firm the power will go out....Nope it did not, not even a flicker. Wife spent cash on water...water mind you. We have a store room that you could stand in and grocery shop, why the hell did we buy water. Sorry people have died and sorry folks have been flooded. But this storm sure as hell wasn't another Hurricane Hazel.....yea, they compared it to a Hurricane that took place before they could forecast it days & days in advance......Go figure. Records don't even show what category Hurricane Hazel was. This is what I use As my hurricane scale.

Im in Norfolk and my local Walmart was deserted the other day. I figured everybody will have to fill up on all that bottled water they spent all their money on. Been here 63 years and never lost water service yet. Though flood water seeping into the water lines and contaminating the water is probably the real concern...but that's never happened either.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

Remember Dis Guy ? A Mix of Truth , and Sometimes Misinformation , but Always in the " Know " About Things.....Hmm...

Yeah, take AJ with a pinch of salt on the rim of my margarita.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar

I'm in virginia here.. we are still waiting, hoping that it doesn't flood too badly. but wth, it's been flooding alot around here lately anyways, probably wouldn't notice much of a difference this time really. but they were cleaning out the stores I think around four or five days before the storm even hit the carolinas. we wanted to come up with some big containers to hold water, since that was the only thing we were worrying about really, the electricity going out and losing the water. no, no containers. my son works at a convenience store and they got shipments in every day, but they were gone by noon. finally he just stashed some for us in the backroom this past friday. no milk anywhere, no bread...
can't help but wonder if there isn't some kind of economic incentive to playing up these storms.

Virginia as well...and I too noticed what an economic windfall these hurricane warnings are for the grocery stores.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:42 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:44 PM
link   

But they always buy the two most perishable items...milk & bread. Go figure. The folks around me went ape shat crazy. I mean it was nothing left in the Foodlion we buy at. I prep to begin with so I don't really worry to much about it. But my wife let's the T.V. people whip her into a damn frenzy. Had to buy water of all things. Water.....we're on a well with an emergency backup for water....but nooooo, we had to buy water.
When all the stores were out of bread I did find a Walmart and food Lion that both had some Martin's potato bread left. Guess no one likes Martins potato bread.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

He Is RIGHT ON the Money with Everyday News , but Like All Others , he Just Spins it a Bit , eh ? .............)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   

But the reporters and network are lying.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   

I always had all the supplies we needed.

I bought beer and plenty off it.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:49 PM
link   
To clarify...weather forecasting and reporting is very serious and lives and property depend on it and meteorologists do a great job, the weather channel staff in particular. And it's s good thing they don't put their employees at unnecessary risk.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Groot

I always had all the supplies we needed.

I bought beer and plenty off it.

Mmmmmmm.....beer......
Made sure I had plenty before Florence Rolled in.
The wife was worried about food, water, lights and all that jazz....
Me?
Beer.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Quadrivium because: BEER

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:51 PM
link   

we don't have any emergency backup for our well....

we have enough water to last a while when it comes to cooking and such but dang, it takes alot of water to flush...
but then, we have a creek running through the back yard that should be a raging river soon, so well, think we will make it...
lol...
and of course, just got the emergency alert on my phone... it's starting to flood..

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Zanti Misfit

He Is RIGHT ON the Money with Everyday News , but Like All Others , he Just Spins it a Bit , eh ? .............)

I think he calls them out as it is . The truth ! But the spin can be a bit sensationalism .

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrBuddy
Portraying what they think it should look like isn't doing honest reporting is it? Where does it end? Is it okay for reporters to tell the news how they "think" it should read or like it really is?
Where dies it end? Why it's only just beginning. They haven't even begun to put cgi to work yet. This will seem like the good old days once they do.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join