It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Worker's Comp Is To Blame For The Weather Channel Video

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
By now, we've all seen the Weather Channel video fail with Mike Seidel and there are others showing reporters in boats reporting on flooded neighborhoods where thanks to a passerby it is revealed that the boat is only in about six inches of water.
Well, the most likely explanation for this is that the station owners don't allow they're reporters and camera operators to go out in the deep water and the high winds simply because, number one they don't want to have to pay some big worker's comp claim should their employee get injured and two, they don't want the hatred and backlash they would receive for putting ratings ahead of safety should an injury or death occur.
So apparently it would seem the reporters are trying to portray what we would see if they actually were reporting from the dangerous areas...and I for one admire their enthusiasm in the matter.
edit on 9/16/2018 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

edit on 9/16/2018 by MissSmartypants because: Edit

+21 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Portraying what they think it should look like isn't doing honest reporting is it? Where does it end? Is it okay for reporters to tell the news how they "think" it should read or like it really is?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MissSmartypants
By now, we've all seen the Weather Channel video fail with Mike Seidel and there are others showing reporters in boats reporting on flooded neighborhoods where thanks to a passerby it is revealed that the boat is only in about six inches of water.
Well, the most likely explanation for this is that the station owners don't allow they're reporters and camera operators to go out in the deep water and the high winds simply because, number one they don't want to have to pay some big worker's comp claim should their employee get injured and two, they don't want the hatred and backlash they would receive for putting ratings ahead of safety should an injury or death occur.
So apparently it would seem the reporters are trying to portray what we would see if they actually were reporting from the dangerous areas...and I for one admire their enthusiasm in the matter.

Yes , and there is a Word for that to , it's Called a FICTION................

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:20 PM
link   
That is just about the strangest excuse for mis-reporting that I have ever read. I believe you pulled that out of your--ahem.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: MissSmartypants

Another term for what you are saying is Acting. Seriously though why do they need to act and show us at all? If you tell someone the winds are blowing 120 MPH and flooding I think we all understand to not be out in it.

You are really stretching with that explanation. And clearly when you see people walking in ankle deep water or walking in a breeze the weather is not what they are claiming and ACTING like it is, that is called lying
edit on 16-9-2018 by norhoc because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Is workers comp to blame for outdoors reality tv stars that act like they're out there being all rugged in the deep wilderness but have a campsite crew fit for a king, or better yet go stay in a hotel each night (meaning they're not really that far out to begin with)?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Fake news...
But they will say any other media service not theirs is fake news

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:30 PM
link   
a reply to: MrBuddy

Maybe they realize that members of the general public (not us ATSers) are attracted to shiny objects...in this case the shiny object being the overly dramatised news reporting...and every reporter wants their object to be the shiniest. After all it's not about accuracy, it's about ratings.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:31 PM
link   

It is entertainment, not news

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Is workers comp to blame for outdoors reality tv stars that act like they're out there being all rugged in the deep wilderness but have a campsite crew fit for a king, or better yet go stay in a hotel each night (meaning they're not really that far out to begin with)?
Always follow the money. It could be expensive to let a popular TV or movie star get hurt or sick. Not everyone is Tom Cruise you know.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

If they're presenting a "documentary", yet the hosts have stunt doubles, then that makes it "Mondo".

Like the "News'!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Actually manipulation designed to be entertaining to make it more effective. I am a conspiracist after all.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

In all fairness Les Stroud ( Survivorman) actually was out there by himself. In scenes where you see him walking away from the camera at the end of the scene he would have to walk back to get the camera.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

Actually manipulation designed to be entertaining to make it more effective. I am a conspiracist after all.

Yet you believe it's all due to workman's comp? That's not much of a conspiracy.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What all weather people need is a damn window in the studio in which they televise their BS. A big window, pull back the curtain and say " See that, that's the weather outside "...now to sports with Dick Donavan. Pumping the mass's up for major destruction then it turns out not to be quite that bad. I live in N.C. and in our area we were told power gonna go out. Not a maybe a firm the power will go out....Nope it did not, not even a flicker. Wife spent cash on water...water mind you. We have a store room that you could stand in and grocery shop, why the hell did we buy water. Sorry people have died and sorry folks have been flooded. But this storm sure as hell wasn't another Hurricane Hazel.....yea, they compared it to a Hurricane that took place before they could forecast it days & days in advance......Go figure. Records don't even show what category Hurricane Hazel was. This is what I use As my hurricane scale.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:50 PM
link   

a reply to: MrBuddy

Maybe they realize that members of the general public (not us ATSers) are attracted to shiny objects...in this case the shiny object being the overly dramatised news reporting...and every reporter wants their object to be the shiniest. After all it's not about accuracy, it's about ratings.

So you're claiming that weather reporting on the Weather Channel isn't about accuracy? I believe that when it comes to weather there isn't room for "spin". It's either sunny or not. Windy or calm. Raining or dry.

That said, people that tune in to such a channel aren't looking to be entertained, they're looking for accuracy. It wouldn't be a very good business model for a weather reporting channel to not be accurate....don't you agree?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   

no, just no.
personally, I would rather they just come on in a safe coffee shop or hotel room or something, report that they are fine, but the weather outside is just too dangerous to be out in. maybe if they did that, we'd have less stupid idiots running around outside during hurricanes. by what they are doing, it makes it look like there is no danger in standing out there in 100+ mph winds so hey why not go out and try it yourself, right??
although the one my son showed me yesterday with all the people in the raft, news person telling the story of how they were about to go out and rescue the people from the dangerous floodwaters when you notice the small little dog trotting next to the raft...
well that one was kind of cute and got a few good laughs out of me.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:52 PM
link   

The Day After Tomorrow Was Just a Movie , this Is Supposed to be Reality . FAKE NEWS ? Where Did I hear that Term Before .........Hmm...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Essentially then: we won't risk our reporters lives reporting things that, for a reporter, should be risky.

OK then, I won't waste my time believing a company that won't try to be honest.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:59 PM
link   

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join