It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leland NC Tries to Circumvent the 2nd Amendment

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You know what? You're right.

How stoopid of me. Here, im thinking that during/after/before a hurricane there would be looters and other bad actors robbing ppl for supplies they didn't have. I mean, why would the government want to prevent something that would never, ever happen- gun violence before or around the tme a hurricane hits for supplies. Gawd i feel dumb.

After sleping on it, i realized how wrong i was. Everybody helps everybody. Just like with Hurricane Katrina, right? Everyone helped everyone. There were no murders or people robbing other people. The only time there is absolutely no gun violence whatsoever is before/during/after a hurricane.

I am disgusted with myself for not thinking.

What is my penance? And will you forgive me?
edit on 17-9-2018 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 17-9-2018 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:20 AM
link   
See what happens when a bunch of Yankees move South?
That Puritanical streak can't be hidden or reasoned with.

Just kidding sorta.
NC has a lot of displaced Northerners and has become rather "progressive" over the years.
These people are irritating as hell if nothing else wherever they come from
edit on 17-9-2018 by Asktheanimals because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: lordcomac
And what if you wanted to take your multi thousand dollar collection out of the path of the storm?

Firearms are subject to a lot of regulation. That makes them expensive- They're also subject to the insanity of being regulated more every year.. that makes them more valuable EVERY year.

They wanted to prevent transportation of these valuable items right before a storm, during an evacuation?

I've got a finger for them.

The finger needed most is the one hitting the vote buttons in November!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Quadrivium

YUP! I always tell people to think of it this way,, if these people are willing to break the law and murder someone , what makes you think they are going to abide by a gun law? And if you ,hypothetically, you take all the guns, then they will kill with knives, take all the knives they will kill with bats. As long as humans have been around we have been killing each other.

Why don’t these legislative idiots just nip all this sh!t in the bud and make murder illegal? Then they’ll have to stop killing people
edit on 17-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
a reply to: BestinShow

Well ,Jesus Christ dude. A hurricane is coming and they're telling people not to leave their property with guns. My first thought was some aholes with guns going to neighbors houses and sticking them up for supplies. We all know how Katrina panned out, amirite? So, what was soo ignorant about my comment?

I was right next to New Orleans during Katrina. The only aholes I remember doing the robbing and killing were the police. Sad but true. Only like 6 of them were convicted for it.
edit on 17-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: kimish
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

You know what? You're right.

How stoopid of me. Here, im thinking that during/after/before a hurricane there would be looters and other bad actors robbing ppl for supplies they didn't have. I mean, why would the government want to prevent something that would never, ever happen- gun violence before or around the tme a hurricane hits for supplies. Gawd i feel dumb.

After sleping on it, i realized how wrong i was. Everybody helps everybody. Just like with Hurricane Katrina, right? Everyone helped everyone. There were no murders or people robbing other people. The only time there is absolutely no gun violence whatsoever is before/during/after a hurricane.

I am disgusted with myself for not thinking.

What is my penance? And will you forgive me?

Your penance should be to educate yourself. Realize the cops were the ones murdering people in cold blood. One example to start with would be the Danziger bridge incident.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thankfully Florida doesn't play that game. During a declared state of emergency, concealed weapons statute is temporarily suspended.

www.guns.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: Asktheanimals

I always said that yeah I am from Ohio, but one grandpa grew up in the mountains of Tennessee and the other in the mountains of Virginia ‘round Bristol. So I was brought up right.

That ended all Yankee discussion right there. Because that was a very correct answer not up for debate.

As for gun laws. Seems they do little to prevent law breakers such as mass shooters in gun free zones. Or muggers in shopping malls.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join