It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh Accuser Says, "I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me "

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Krazysh0t

No one is going to make this a criminal case, it's a politically motivated he said she said designed to ruin the reputation of one man when all else failed. It's a public attempt to sway opinion of the man so that enough will not vote to confirm him.

It's a trial in the court of public opinion, where facts and evidence are not required only an allegation.

If this this effort works out for the left it will all go away.

At least see it for what it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   

I know the process. No witnesses because the only witness denied any wrong doing and she claimed was also drunk. No evidence since it happened in the 80s and Ford stated she just wants to tell her story. Sooo think you have a case to go to trial and why go to trial now after 35 years? Or just wait until after the midterms where he can be denied just because.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

So your assumptions trump federal investigations then? Well sorry bro, you may be verbose but I trust your assumptions as well as I trust any other random's assumptions. Not at all. Federal investigations are designed to get to the bottom of these matters. Pretending like it doesn't need to be investigated because you trust to Kavanaugh's character is a laughable line. As I've said several times now, there is no statute of limitations in Maryland. It is 100% legal and ok to investigate a crime 35 years ago in the state.

The messiest situation: allowing 35 year old allegations to over rule common sense supported by 35 years of impeccable behavior. It really is a can of worms that should not be opened. If there is a CREDIBLE complaint im all ears. This...looks like she was influenced her own axe to grind.

Oh please. The can is already been opened. At this point we either get to the bottom of it now before the confirmation or have a messy and drawn out legal battle that may involve impeachment afterwards.

What federal investigation? The FBI declined to investigate.

Even more: i am not a lawyer and am fully entitled to any opinion I wish to have, despite your feverish demands to the contrary.

You do realize that Marylands statute of limitations would apply to their state police, and not a federal investigation.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

a reply to: NiNjABackflip

And I'm really trying to stay on topic. Since my actions regarding the law aren't part of the topic, I'm not going to answer your question. Hence why I keep circling back around to talk about the thread topic instead of answer your question.

Of course you wouldn’t, because it proves your principle’s are squishy.

It is on topic. My point is, the law is not sufficient enough reason to judge whether something is just or unjust. Maryland’s lack of statute of limitations allows people to make accusations of events that are decades old, where people can sit on an accusation until a political opportune moment, and where evidence and memory is severely limited, as we have right here.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:05 PM
link   

I'm just adding the picture to put a face to the name. This woman's story is an obvious political attack on BK. She doesn't deserve to heard after 30 something years. It was high school. He tried making out with her (if it happened at all). This sort of thing happens to most high school students at this age.

It's called 'making out'. Girls let the guys kiss them and touch them,(or vice-versa) and when their hands start to wander, they get shut down usually, and that's what would have happened in this case if his friend didn't jump on them. What the friend did is what is commonly referred to as a C...k Block.

It was just teenagers making out. It's where the 1st, 2nd 3rd base reference comes from.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:08 PM
link   

a reply to: JDmOKI

People go to jail for 30 year sexual assault accusations all the time. If such things can be proven in other cases, they can be proven here. Just because you don't understand the process doesn't mean it can't be done.

Also, it is merely your assumption that the investigation will amount to nothing, but if you believe that so sincerely, then what are you afraid of? Investigate the claim.

So...has any investigation been begun at any point? Besides the partisans in Congress (who sat on the information for a year), that is?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

They tried to delay the hearing before it even began. So im supposed to believe this isn't an attempt to delay again? she should be heard but I smell BS and dirty tactics

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Very similar to the action taken earlier when Trump wanted to put the Admiral as VA Secretary.

As the White House doctor, he provided care to the Obama first family as well as the Trump first family and not one bad word about him until he provided Trump with a clean bill of health.

Suddenly he was the devil incarnate, we have not heard word one about it since he withdrew from the nomination.

If any of the numerous allegations against him were true then he should have undergone a courts martial by the Navy, at the least would have been investigation. Seems they are happy just to ruin lives and go to the next episode.

And the statue of limitations expired long ago for this case so no charges could ever come about nor any investigation, they were careful to pick a case which this would be the case
edit on 9/17/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: ausername

No one is going to make this a criminal case, it's a politically motivated he said she said designed to ruin the reputation of one man when all else failed. It's a public attempt to sway opinion of the man so that enough will not vote to confirm him.

And what authority do you have to make this claim?

It's a trial in the court of public opinion, where facts and evidence are not required only an allegation.

If this this effort works out for the left it will all go away.

At least see it for what it is.

I see it as something that is in need of investigating OUTSIDE the court of public opinion.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

I know the process. No witnesses because the only witness denied any wrong doing and she claimed was also drunk. No evidence since it happened in the 80s and Ford stated she just wants to tell her story. Sooo think you have a case to go to trial and why go to trial now after 35 years? Or just wait until after the midterms where he can be denied just because.

There IS evidence. The psychatrists's notes corroborate her story. Furthermore we can compel testimony with a subpoena. It's like you guys are scared of the justice department doing its job.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Were you people yelling GOP conspiracy when Clinton was accused all over the place?

You folks are so hypocritical, you never look at yourselves or how you always apply a double standard

Both sides are political partisans

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Why? These are allegations that should have been investigated 35 years ago, when memories were fresh and evidence might be available. Please tell me that you are not that short sighted to see that if you allow this type of character assassination to occur to someone you dont like, that it will be used against someone you do like. This type of thing should never be allowed to occur. There is no way to prove a negative!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
What federal investigation? The FBI declined to investigate.

Even more: i am not a lawyer and am fully entitled to any opinion I wish to have, despite your feverish demands to the contrary.

Never said you weren't allowed to have an opinion. Thanks for putting words in my mouth though. Very classy.

You do realize that Marylands statute of limitations would apply to their state police, and not a federal investigation.

That depends on if sexual assault is a federal or state crime. As far as I'm aware the federal statute on sexual assault is vague while state ones expand on it. I'd imagine that the state statute of limitations are in play here.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Simple question: Who was the other guy in the room? Or is that information forgotten as well like place, year, etc?

link   

originally posted by: NiNjABackflip
Of course you wouldn’t, because it proves your principle’s are squishy.

Yeah. No. Refusing to answer an off topic question of yours doesn't say that at all. The Jim Crow laws literally have no relevance to our conversation and you are merely trying to attack my character instead of discuss the thread content.

It is on topic. My point is, the law is not sufficient enough reason to judge whether something is just or unjust. Maryland’s lack of statute of limitations allows people to make accusations of events that are decades old, where people can sit on an accusation until a political opportune moment, and where evidence and memory is severely limited, as we have right here.

Maryland isn't the only state not to have a statute of limitations. Furthermore, this wasn't an issue for you until this case. We aren't going to change Maryland's laws solely because you think Kavanaugh is getting a bad shake here. I'm sure, if you truly cared (I don't believe you do though), you can push to have the laws changed in Maryland after this is all over.

link   
a reply to: SammyB0476

It already has been used against liberals many times.

Al Franken, Weinstein, and many others

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: EchoesInTime

She doesn't deserve to heard after 30 something years.

Says who? You and a bunch of other partisans who are afraid of Kavanaugh being investigated?

It's called 'making out'. Girls let the guys kiss them and touch them,(or vice-versa) and when their hands start to wander, they get shut down usually, and that's what would have happened in this case if his friend didn't jump on them. What the friend did is what is commonly referred to as a C...k Block.

If you think an event that resulted in this lady going to therapy was JUST "making out" then you know nothing about this situation.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

a reply to: JDmOKI

People go to jail for 30 year sexual assault accusations all the time. If such things can be proven in other cases, they can be proven here. Just because you don't understand the process doesn't mean it can't be done.

Also, it is merely your assumption that the investigation will amount to nothing, but if you believe that so sincerely, then what are you afraid of? Investigate the claim.

So...has any investigation been begun at any point? Besides the partisans in Congress (who sat on the information for a year), that is?
I don't think so. Many of these developments came about on Sunday. That's why today is being spent by Senators calling for a delay into Kavanaugh's confirmation so these allegations can be followed up on.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
Simple question: Who was the other guy in the room? Or is that information forgotten as well like place, year, etc?

Mark Judge

Ford said she was able to escape when Kavanaugh’s friend and classmate at Georgetown Preparatory School, Mark Judge, jumped on top of them, sending all three tumbling. She said she ran from the room, briefly locked herself in a bathroom and then fled the house.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:05 PM
link   

And what does Mark Judge have to say about it? Should clear up if it did or did not happen.

Beats all the idle speculation of he said, she said.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join