It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh Accuser Says, "I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me "

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
I went to the arch-rival school of Kavanaugh's alma mater, Georgetown Prep, in the 70's and 80's and dated girls from Christine Blasey Ford's school, Holton Arms. (Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I carpooled with her older brother).

Stories of drunken escapades, sexual abuse, and attempted rape were rife in the locker rooms of my school. Mrs. Ford's story is entirely plausible, based on my experience of that world.

Why wait 35 years? Why didn't Ford's parents press charges

Because there was never a #MeToo movement until now. And because most of us had powerful fathers who worked in Washington, and because in the alcohol- drug- and privilege-sodden world we grew up in, misbehavior was accepted (at least among boys) and was a badge of honor. Nobody wanted to rock the boat. A girl who accused openly of attempted rape or abuse would be ostracized and have zero social life, not to mention the public embarassment to her family. If her parents knew, they were protecting her from further disaster by not pressing charges. For all we know her dad had a talk with his dad. We'll probably never know, if they did.

Mostly these things got swept under the rug. There was a known pedophile teaching at my school for decades, grooming generation after generation of pretty pubescent athletes, and everyone looked the other way. He doesn't teach there now, but still works with kids.

It totally makes sense for Blasey Ford to wait until now. Kavanaugh is a sitting duck. There are hundreds like him -- scions of Washingtonian families, who went to good schools, colleges and grad schools, who committed various crimes in high school and got away with it -- working in D.C. today.

You can be sure of it.

She even states she never mentioned it to anyone until 2012.

link   
a reply to: CynConcepts

Just because you weren’t sexually assaulted at a teen party doesn’t mean no other girl ever was.

link   

Did you just compare kissing someone to being forcibly pinned to the ground while a friend of the assaulter stood by and did nothing? Something so traumatizing it affected the lady's marriage and forced her and her husband to go to couples counseling?
edit on 17-9-2018 by Krazysh0t because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: InTheLight

The question to me remains: if this was happening, why on Earth would you still go to the parties?

I quit partying at a young age because the behavior of the people there left too much to be desired. I saw things I didn't like, and quit participating.

Risk management.

I always went with a mix of guys and gals, so I was protected and we all looked after each other.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: InTheLight

The question to me remains: if this was happening, why on Earth would you still go to the parties?

I quit partying at a young age because the behavior of the people there left too much to be desired. I saw things I didn't like, and quit participating.

Risk management.

I always went with a mix of guys and gals, so I was protected and we all looked after each other.

You were smart!

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: InTheLight

Risk management.

A girl had to be smart back then. And the parties I went to were by friends of friends, so I never anticipated that any sexual assaults would take place. I only heard the news days afterwards by guys I knew; grapevine.the guys always seemed to know what took place.

You were smart!

A girl had to be smart back then. And the parties I went to were by friends of friends, so I never anticipated that any sexual assaults would take place. I only heard the news days afterwards by guys I knew; the guys always seemed to know what took place.
edit on 19CDT08America/Chicago04580830 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Breaking News....Kavanaugh caught running with scissors in the first grade ..... a disqualifier for appointment to the SCOTUS five decades later....

This is a tempest in a teapot moment brought on by Desperate Diane as a last ditch delaying effort for no other reason than to spite the GOP and Trump.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Krazysh0t

Did you just compare kissing someone to being forcibly pinned to the ground while a friend of the assaulter stood by and did nothing? Something so traumatizing it affected the lady's marriage and forced her and her husband to go to couples counseling?

No I was comparing having 2 guys making out with me half undressed and a heck a lot more than kissing. Making out is more than kissing just not actual intercourse. Sheesh. I had a bite mark bruise on my right breast!

Even still it was my choice to participate. Afterwards, I was ashamed. I could have easily said they assaulted me especially since I was only 15 and they provided the alcohol to get me drunk. Reality is it is not black and white. Yes, I have been legitimately raped and sexually assaulted in my lifetime. When that happened I did tell my parents, friends, or authorities. I did not wait 35 years!

As far as this couple having problems and going to counseling, I must admit she may have felt traumatized and that is a personal issue her husband and her needed to correct. Coming forward after 35 years like she is doing is not going to help her personal relationship with her husband.

So for me, in this instance...it is insulting.

Edit add: plus the other friend didn't just stand around watching. She says he was laughing and jumped in too causing them all to tumble and that is when she broke away from them. Apparently, they were not intent on raping her since at that point she broke away they did not just tackle her down and do the deed.
edit on 9 17 2018 by CynConcepts because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: CynConcepts
Even still it was my choice to participate. Afterwards, I was ashamed. I could have easily said they assaulted me especially since I was only 15 and they provided the alcohol to get me drunk. Reality is it is not black and white. Yes, I have been legitimately raped and sexually assaulted in my lifetime. When that happened I did tell my parents, friends, or authorities. I did not wait 35 years!

You know it is belittling when you assume that everyone else has the same mental strength you do? Rape brings with it a lot of shame that isn't made better by the victim blaming mentality our society participates in (which you are lending ear to in your posts here as well). Just because you had the mental fortitude not to lock it away for a long time doesn't mean everyone else is the same way.

It should be noted that she only brought it up in couples therapy likely because her marriage was suffering because of the repressed trauma. This happened in 2012. Three years before Trump was even a politician, let alone anyone knew Kavanaugh's name.

As far as this couple having problems and going to counseling, I must admit she may have felt traumatized and that is a personal issue her husband and her needed to correct. Coming forward after 35 years like she is doing is not going to help her personal relationship with her husband.

How do you know they haven't worked things out since then? 2012 is 6 years ago. She also repeated the same story to a personal therapist a year later too.

So for me, in this instance...it is insulting.

You feel insulted? Well that's what you get for trying to downplay another woman's emotional trauma with a non sequitur.

Edit add: plus the other friend didn't just stand around watching. She says he was laughing and jumped in too causing them all to tumble and that is when she broke away from them. Apparently, they were not intent on raping her since at that point she broke away they did not just tackle her down and do the deed.

Sorry. I gave the sanitized version. In any case, we don't know what their true intentions were. It happened a long time ago. The point is that it scarred this lady and just because penetration didn't happen doesn't mean this wasn't illegal.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It's not that I don't believe that it happens. It's that if you're going to wait 35 years to sound the alarm, the only reason you'd do it at all (sound the alarm after 35 years, I mean) would be if you had ulterior motives (in this case, she is clearly only interested in altering the court).

I don't buy it that rape or sexual assault victims don't feel safe speaking up. If they're really that devastated by it, why would they leave the rest of the female population at the mercy of the guy who attacked them? Either way, she's probably a sociopath with selfish motives.
edit on 17-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
That said, I really don't trust anyone they put on that court. I don't care how squeaky clean their record is, how many accolades they have or how many people say they're awesome human beings.

I sure don't trust anyone who is nominated by Trump, Obama, Bush or Clinton.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
It's not that I don't believe that it happens. It's that if you're going to wait 35 years to sound the alarm, the only reason you'd do it at all (sound the alarm after 35 years, I mean) would be if you had ulterior motives (in this case, she is clearly only interested in altering the court).

I don't buy it that rape or sexual assault victims don't feel safe speaking up. If they're really that devastated by it, why would they leave the rest of the female population at the mercy of the guy who attacked them? Either way, she's probably a sociopath with selfish motives.

You have a really good point here. Since she is supposedly trying to be so ethical, where were her ethics when she kept her mouth shut and didn't even tell her friends about the alleged danger of these two crazed, would be rapists?

Also, what kind of judgement is she using to be alone in a room wearing a swimming suit with two very drunk teenage boys? I have a feeling she was as drunk as they were, if there is any truth to any of this.
edit on 17-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:27 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

My problem with all this is that no proof or evidence can presented since it could have happened in the early 80s. No crime because of statute of limitations. The only witness who was present is denying anything happened.

Maybe it did happen but no way of ever knowing. Seems like the Dems went with a last minute plan C to delay until the midterms.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Studies show that most cases of sexual assault go unreported. This stems from things like feelings of shame, fear that you won't be believed, and the dread of having to relive the event over and over.

The fact is that she reported this event to her therapist six years ago. Long before Trump was even planning to run for President and Kavanaugh was being considered for the Supreme Court. This has been verified by her therapist's session notes. So there's a pretty good chance something did happen. And the fact that you want to ignore this and call her a sociopath because it doesn't fit your political narrative makes you the sociopath.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: JDmOKI

My problem with all this is that no proof or evidence can presented since it could have happened in the early 80s. No crime because of statute of limitations. The only witness who was present is denying anything happened.

There is the therapy case in 2012 that gives credence that this story transcends partisan politics. Also, the State of Maryland doesn't have a statute of limitations on rape or sexual assault.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcalibur254

Studies show that most cases of sexual assault go unreported. This stems from things like feelings of shame, fear that you won't be believed, and the dread of having to relive the event over and over.

The fact is that she reported this event to her therapist six years ago. Long before Trump was even planning to run for President and Kavanaugh was being considered for the Supreme Court. This has been verified by her therapist's session notes. So there's a pretty good chance something did happen. And the fact that you want to ignore this and call her a sociopath because it doesn't fit your political narrative makes you the sociopath.

Let's say it did happen. It sounds like they were goofing around and the guy did go too far, but he did not assault her and he certainly didn't rape her. Also, we don't know if they were engaging in any flirting or sexual activity before that, if she encouraged him or if he perceived her to be encouraging her. The fact is if this is true, that he stopped. If those two were planning on raping her, she would have been raped.

If all of us had our jobs effected by every dumb thing we did as teens, I doubt anyone would have a job.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

Sexual assault doesn't require penetration to be illegal.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
I went to the arch-rival school of Kavanaugh's alma mater, Georgetown Prep, in the 70's and 80's and dated girls from Christine Blasey Ford's school, Holton Arms. (Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I carpooled with her older brother).

Stories of drunken escapades, sexual abuse, and attempted rape were rife in the locker rooms of my school. Mrs. Ford's story is entirely plausible, based on my experience of that world.

Why wait 35 years? Why didn't Ford's parents press charges

Because there was never a #MeToo movement until now. And because most of us had powerful fathers who worked in Washington, and because in the alcohol- drug- and privilege-sodden world we grew up in, misbehavior was accepted (at least among boys) and was a badge of honor. Nobody wanted to rock the boat. A girl who accused openly of attempted rape or abuse would be ostracized and have zero social life, not to mention the public embarassment to her family. If her parents knew, they were protecting her from further disaster by not pressing charges. For all we know her dad had a talk with his dad. We'll probably never know, if they did.

Mostly these things got swept under the rug. There was a known pedophile teaching at my school for decades, grooming generation after generation of pretty pubescent athletes, and everyone looked the other way. He doesn't teach there now, but still works with kids.

It totally makes sense for Blasey Ford to wait until now. Kavanaugh is a sitting duck. There are hundreds like him -- scions of Washingtonian families, who went to good schools, colleges and grad schools, who committed various crimes in high school and got away with it -- working in D.C. today.

You can be sure of it.

how many girls did you rape?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   

originally posted by: pointessa

Also, what kind of judgement is she using to be alone in a room wearing a swimming suit with two very drunk teenage boys? I have a feeling she was as drunk as they were, if there is any truth to any of this.

That's pushing it a bit. I'm not one of those people who blames rape victims for getting raped. I only blame them if they don't immediately report it. Totally get that it's a crappy thing for a woman to have to go through but whenever someone is accused of a crime, they still have rights and that process happens for a lot of very good reasons that came about because we tried it the other way and it didn't go so well.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:08 AM
link   
you have to love that they always go public with the story at the exact moment the accused gets elected to a position of power.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join