It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh Accuser Says, "I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me "

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 05:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Namdru

Well..at least we know the year he presided over her parents foreclosure hearing.....

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 06:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan
a reply to: Namdru

Well..at least we know the year he presided over her parents foreclosure hearing.....

No, he didn’t. Unless his name is Martha.
edit on 17-9-2018 by kaylaluv because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv

Ahh yes...his mother did. My mistake.

Does that make the revelation any less damaging to her claims?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Namdru
I went to the arch-rival school of Kavanaugh's alma mater, Georgetown Prep, in the 70's and 80's and dated girls from Christine Blasey Ford's school, Holton Arms. (Come to think of it, I'm pretty sure I carpooled with her older brother).

Stories of drunken escapades, sexual abuse, and attempted rape were rife in the locker rooms of my school. Mrs. Ford's story is entirely plausible, based on my experience of that world.

Why wait 35 years? Why didn't Ford's parents press charges

Because there was never a #MeToo movement until now. And because most of us had powerful fathers who worked in Washington, and because in the alcohol- drug- and privilege-sodden world we grew up in, misbehavior was accepted (at least among boys) and was a badge of honor. Nobody wanted to rock the boat. A girl who accused openly of attempted rape or abuse would be ostracized and have zero social life, not to mention the public embarassment to her family. If her parents knew, they were protecting her from further disaster by not pressing charges. For all we know her dad had a talk with his dad. We'll probably never know, if they did.

Mostly these things got swept under the rug. There was a known pedophile teaching at my school for decades, grooming generation after generation of pretty pubescent athletes, and everyone looked the other way. He doesn't teach there now, but still works with kids.

It totally makes sense for Blasey Ford to wait until now. Kavanaugh is a sitting duck. There are hundreds like him -- scions of Washingtonian families, who went to good schools, colleges and grad schools, who committed various crimes in high school and got away with it -- working in D.C. today.

You can be sure of it.

I don't doubt your actual life's experience as high school partying with alcohol and drugs was the norm back in the 70s as I recall, as was sexual assault at these parties and any place that afforded the attacker privacy. But, back then it was dismissed as 'boys will be boys', and now it appears that we have a new dismissive excuse, that being 'drunk boys will be drunk boys'.
edit on 19CDT07America/Chicago03870730 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I find this amusing this whole will he raped me while I've been raped by women it's happened more than once and the funny thing is I don't drink never really have yet it's happened to me I've been sexually harassed at work by women it's not their fault it's genetics

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: InTheLight

Honestly, that is misandrist and sexist.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:54 AM
link   
a reply to: Willtell

All she had to do was make an accusation and the Dems have a chance to delay the vote.

I'll be sure to pick up her tell all book when it comes out next year.

Her motive is $$$$

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Honestly, that is misandrist and sexist.

Honestly, the truth is hard to take for some here.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Straight out of the Democratic playbook, word for word. Unverifiable, unprovable, only meant to tarnish someone's reputation. Typical garbage slinging from the left when they are beaten. Didn't work on Trump (where did all those accusers go?), won't work on Kavanaugh.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She was going to let it go like many women do, but she felt obligated since he was up for a SCOTUS appointment.

THE QUESTION IS WHY WOULD SHE LIE?

Really? Why would she lie??? Really? After watching the Democrats turn the hearing into an embarrassment of a sh!tshow is it really hard to imagine another delusional democrat sitting at home thinking “oh I used to know him. I can save the country”. Really? Why would she lie?? Women lie all the time. Sad but true. And the saddest part is I know you know this and I still took the time to type this out on a broken phone screen

If there was any truth to her claims the question should be WHY WOULD SHE LET THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS RUN OUT? Think, man. Your brain is your friend. Keep the weed smoke and the democrat lies out of it
edit on 17-9-2018 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:02 AM
link   

There is a lot of truth that isn't discussed, such as "risk management".

Its wholly unfair to paint an entire gender on the actions of low IQ morons who lack self control. Thus, its sexist.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   

There is a lot of truth that isn't discussed, such as "risk management".

Its wholly unfair to paint an entire gender on the actions of low IQ morons who lack self control. Thus, its sexist.

The fact is that most parties I went to in the 70s girls were sexually assaulted and we also heard of girls being raped in deserted parks at night. This was common back then and I am not generalizing about an entire gender, I am relaying actual experiences from that era. I would hope this behaviour is no longer the norm at drunken parties.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   

The question to me remains: if this was happening, why on Earth would you still go to the parties?

I quit partying at a young age because the behavior of the people there left too much to be desired. I saw things I didn't like, and quit participating.

Risk management.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

“I think it derailed me substantially for four or five years,” she said. She said she struggled academically and socially and was unable to have healthy relationships with men. “I was very ill-equipped to forge those kinds of relationships.”

How many "men" was she attempting to have a relationship with from 15 -19 I wonder? Also she seemed to be able to do OK academically she is a professor

This is it in a nutshell

Years later, after going through psychotherapy, Ford said, she came to understand the incident as a trauma with lasting impact on her life.

www.washingtonpost.com... xual-assault/2018/09/16/46982194-b846-11e8-94eb-3bd52dfe917b_story.html?utm_term=.df5829cbb9ab

Well then, she ought to be able to get her "therapist" to back her up. I am sure she must have gone on and on about the huge trauma she experienced that nearly derailed her..

edit on 17-9-2018 by pointessa because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:24 AM
link   

The question to me remains: if this was happening, why on Earth would you still go to the parties?

I quit partying at a young age because the behavior of the people there left too much to be desired. I saw things I didn't like, and quit participating.

Risk management.

You beat me to it Texan. Why would she go? If I knew someone was getting raped tonight you can bet your ass I would stay home. I missed the 70’s but I think she’s stretching an exaggeration as far as it can go

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Does anyone care that she told her therapist this same story back in 2012? Because I feel like that is some pretty credible evidence that this story is true since it pre-dates any idea she could have been bribed to falsify a story

Ford said she told no one of the incident in any detail until 2012, when she was in couples therapy with her husband. The therapist’s notes, portions of which were provided by Ford and reviewed by The Washington Post, do not mention Kavanaugh’s name but say she reported that she was attacked by students “from an elitist boys’ school” who went on to become “highly respected and high-ranking members of society in Washington.” The notes say four boys were involved, a discrepancy Ford says was an error on the therapist’s part. Ford said there were four boys at the party but only two in the room.

Notes from an individual therapy session the following year, when she was being treated for what she says have been long-term effects of the incident, show Ford described a “rape attempt” in her late teens.

Source

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist

originally posted by: Willtell

She was going to let it go like many women do, but she felt obligated since he was up for a SCOTUS appointment.

THE QUESTION IS WHY WOULD SHE LIE?

Really? Why would she lie??? Really? After watching the Democrats turn the hearing into an embarrassment of a sh!tshow is it really hard to imagine another delusional democrat sitting at home thinking “oh I used to know him. I can save the country”. Really? Why would she lie?? Women lie all the time. Sad but true. And the saddest part is I know you know this and I still took the time to type this out on a broken phone screen

If there was any truth to her claims the question should be WHY WOULD SHE LET THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS RUN OUT? Think, man. Your brain is your friend. Keep the weed smoke and the democrat lies out of it

She is a professor at a liberal University. She probably thinks she is going to save Roe vs Wade... She probably did get drunk and messed around with him and now has transformed a drunken episode that both are responsible for into a huge trauma that has ruined her life. Does she talk about her alcohol consumption at the party??? I guess she is just a pure, innocent bystander. It's awful hard to join the victim club if you are affluent and white, I'm glad she has found a way.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Funny, I said something similar about the girl who was killed while jogging alone in a rural area - if you’re a woman, never go out alone in an isolated area if you can help it. I was accused of victim blaming. But the ones accusing me were the ones who claimed sending back all the illegal immigrants will save all these women’s lives.

Just depends on what side of the argument you’re on, I guess.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:32 AM
link   
a reply to: pointessa

There is a rather large moral difference between getting drunk at a party and sexual assault.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Risk management.

Exactly! I remember being 15 years old and snuck out of the house to go the 'cool' party. Lots of drinking among other things. I embarrassing made out with 2 guys that night and after returning home felt like an absolute slut!

I didn't blame the other 2 guys, we all were drinking. We all were flirting and seemingly having fun. Sober me, certainly, was not going to share my experience since I would be seen as a slut. I was 15 years old!

Common sense says I was not a victim molested that night. I was a participant who made a choice. I made the choice to not to participate again afterwards too. I certainly would not accuse either one of those guys for molesting me even if they were running to be President or a supreme court nominee.

This is rediculous. Crying victim and not accepting responsibility of personal choices 35 years later is not helpful nor progressive. Plus, it is sincerely insulting to real victims of sexual assault crimes.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join