It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh Accuser Says, "I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me "

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xtrozero

originally posted by: AboveBoard
from what I’ve seen about her, Dr. Ford is quite credible.

What have you seen to think this?

Four Reasons Ford’s Credibility Keeps Rising -WaPo

1. Liars don’t ask for FBI investigations. ETA: I would add to that the polygraph test that demonstrated she was telling the truth, or at least believed herself to be.

2. Investigation into the culture of the school Kavanaugh attended

Second, we know a lot more about the culture at Georgetown Prep in North Bethesda than we did a week ago. The atmosphere and experiences of contemporaries fit Ford’s recollections.

The Post reports: They described parties with kegs of beer and bottles of liquor, grain punch, heavy drinking and drug use that took place almost every weekend and even on weeknights in private homes, parks, open fields and golf courses in Maryland and Washington.

Until 1986, the drinking age in Washington was 18, and alcohol was easily accessible. Drugs, especially coc aine and quaaludes, were plentiful.

Women who attended those parties remember sexually aggressive behavior by some of the male students that often bordered on assault and was routinely fueled by excessive drinking.

“Most of the guys at these schools were really decent, nice guys, but there was a small minority that was popular and was out of control,” said a woman who attended Georgetown Visitation in the early 1980s and asked not to be identified. “I never got dragged into a bedroom, but that . . . happened to girls all the time.”

Kavanaugh either participated in this drinking culture (as appears from yearbook comments, as well as comments from his friend Mark Judge), in which case he’s a rotten witness (whose reported inebriation renders him less credible), or he didn’t, in which case there has been an elaborate plot to portray him as an excessive drinker.

There has been no effort, so far, to disassociate him from the party culture that existed when he attended the school.

3. Therapist notes from 2012. Also, in the article, a friend of Ford’s said she’d wanted a second bedroom door “to avoid being trapped.” That’s generally not a normal thing to say. A minor point, but salient.

4. The following:

Fourth, we’ve heard from numerous sex-crimes experts and prosecutors that it is not unusual at all for victims of sexual assault to wait decades before coming forward.

(Is anyone, for example, blaming those molested by Catholic priests for waiting decades before they could speak about the crimes?)

We know rape victims retain some details but not all.

And we know the incidence of false accusations is low while the percent of such crimes that are not reported is very high. (According to the National Institute of Justice, “Only 36 percent of rapes, 34 percent of attempted rapes, and 26 percent of sexual assaults were reported.”)

Turn the equation around. Who has the motive to lie? Whose credibility has already been damaged by small but significant misstatements? (The Post reports on Kavanaugh’s unbelievable testimony about Charles Pickering, and about improperly obtained documents he received from a Republican aide.)

We’ve yet to see either of them under oath, testifying to their recollections (or lack thereof) on this episode. But, at this stage, it is increasingly preposterous to claim Ford wasn’t attacked.

And, if you are reasonably convinced the incident occurred, you’re left speculating that this is a case of mistaken identity.

How likely is a traumatized 15-year-old to forget the face of her attacker?

I can answer that last question: zero.

edit on 21-9-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

1) when they are told to by Democrats trying to slow down a vote and also know that the FBI can't possibly conclude either way. There is no danger for Ford.

2) irrelevant nonsense - the culture at an entire school does not add to the credibility of a person accusing an individual of sexual assault. Do you think if a black person in Chicago is accused of murder that the gun culture amongst black gangs in Chicago makes the accuser more credible? If you do, you are a very strange individual. You have actually outlined the very essence of the absurdity of 'social justice'.

3) The 2012 notes make her less credible - she has changed what she said then. So, she was either lying then or mistaken.

4) ..yet she forgot everything else, including the location of the house, the time, even the year.

Your version of credible would not even make it to court. No policeman or prosecutor would touch it.
By the sound of it, the Senate is just about done with this non-credible accusation.

edit on 21/9/2018 by UKTruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

I understand you sincerely think these things. I disagree entirely with you, as you do with me. I think you lack understanding of it and of the nature of sexual assault, what is normal in this kind of case and what is not.

In fact, if she had some sort of crystal clear, point by point memory of being assaulted, it would actually make her less credible to those who work with sexual abuse survivors. Trauma has a way of burning some details into your brain, while other things are lost. Given the amount of time that has passed, it would also seem strange if her memory were perfect. That would point to a carefully memorized story - a lie.

Kavanaugh’s friend Mike Judge, weote memoirs about it, thinly disguising Kavanaugh with the name “O’Kavanaugh.” There are indications in their yearbook that he was in the party culture. Also, there is a video clip of Kavanaugh giving a speech where he says how well it’s worked out for everyone that “What happened at Georgetown Prep, stays at Georgetown Prep.” What an awesome joke. Oh and he notable left this comment off the transcripts he turned into the Judiciary Committee, which requires him to give the transcripts of all his speeches. Perhaps it was just an off-the-cuff remark, but we all know what that saying means about Las Vegas, no?

I agree to disagree. That is the only agreement we will come to on this. You see Dems as trying to “slow down” a vote. This is true. It is also true that there is no reason for them to hurry it along except for the fact they expect to get shellacked in the Midterms. In which case, extreme hypocrisy is the only interpretation. Wasn’t the whole “Merrick Garland can’t be given a hearing one year before an election because we want the American People to weigh in on the next SCOTUS appointment” a thing?? Yeah. So. There is no deadline here.

I hope you have a good weekend. I mean that sincerely.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Yet she cannot remember any other details...Hmmm wonder why!?

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Now who's the bully!? Grasselly caved and gave her another day. She's just angling to make Kavanaughs life a living hell. She is the aggressor and violator! This is an abusive woman!

Kavanaugh Accuser Misses 10PM Deadline, Grassley Grants Demand For One More Day

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:53 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: thepixelpusher

Yet she cannot remember any other details...Hmmm wonder why!?

Here:

Why Rape & Trauma Survivors Have Fragmented & Incomplete Memories

Our understanding of the altered functioning of the brain in traumatic situations is founded on decades of research, and as that research continues, it is giving us a more nuanced view of the human brain “on trauma.” Recent studies suggest that the hippocampus goes into a super-encoding state briefly after the fear kicks in. Victims may remember in exquisite detail what was happening just before and after they realized they were being attacked, including context and the sequence of events. However, they are likely to have very fragmented and incomplete memories for much of what happens after that.

These advances in our understanding of the impact of trauma on the brain have enormous implications for the criminal justice system. It is not reasonable to expect a trauma survivor – whether a rape victim, a police officer or a soldier – to recall traumatic events the way they would recall their wedding day. They will remember some aspects of the experience in exquisitely painful detail. Indeed, they may spend decades trying to forget them. They will remember other aspects not at all, or only in jumbled and confused fragments. Such is the nature of terrifying experiences, and it is a nature that we cannot ignore.

There is a lot of detail in the article if you are interested.

posted on Sep, 21 2018 @ 11:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Is this Christine Blasey DRUNK at a Party?

💥🕵💥

Looks like party animal Christine Ford just got gang-banged outside, and was too exhausted to get dressed. Look at all the beer bottles around her. She looks happy too!

Nah...she won't testify.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Now who's the bully!? Grasselly caved and gave her another day. She's just angling to make Kavanaughs life a living hell. She is the aggressor and violator! This is an abusive woman!

Kavanaugh Accuser Misses 10PM Deadline, Grassley Grants Demand For One More Day

Since Christine is afraid to fly, maybe she needs time to check Amtrak or Greyhound schedules.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:11 AM
link   

💥🕵💥

I've seen that pic before and I don't think it is Ms. Ford. I am researching but I'm 95% sure it isn't her. The Pic is newer than 36 years ago....or somewhere around that time.

ETA here's another pic, better. It's in another country I believe.

edit on 22-9-2018 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux

I see that now. The photo is more recent than 36 years ago. Christine might have partied for decades.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:20 AM
link   

Oh great! Now they smear her with a photo from another country??? Classy. Nothing like unverified poo-flinging at the woman who claims sexual assault.

And people wonder why 15 year old girls, much less women, don't immediately come out and head to the cops.

Disgusting and cruel. But whatever.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 12:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AboveBoard

Oh great! Now they smear her with a photo from another country??? Classy. Nothing like unverified poo-flinging at the woman who claims sexual assault.

And people wonder why 15 year old girls, much less women, don't immediately come out and head to the cops.

Disgusting and cruel. But whatever.

Has Feinstein apologized for dragging her into all this, yet? As I recall, Ford wanted to maintain anonymity. It makes me wonder how much she really wants to testify and how much 'the powers that be' are prodding/coercing her.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:53 AM
link   

💥🕵💥

If this is indeed Ford and someone took this, it's over for her little charade! I had predicted her husband would leave her over the stink she raised about this. Maybe the FBI should investigate her!
edit on 22-9-2018 by thepixelpusher because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Problem is she WASN'T RAPED! This smear will come back to bite her!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 03:56 AM
link   

Oh look! It's the Guinness Girl!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:01 AM
link   

Christine Blasey Ford is not the victim here -- Brett Kavanaugh is

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:07 AM
link   
Ford’s High School Yearbook Scrubbed From Internet After Damning Pics Surface

WHY CHRISTINE BLASEY FORD’S HIGH SCHOOL YEARBOOKS WERE SCRUBBED: Faculty Approved Racism, Binge Drinking and Promiscuity

Bye, bye Christine Ford! Your 15 minutes are up!

Warch Trump win Bigly after this settles out!

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

💥🕵💥

If this is indeed Ford and someone took this, it's over for her little charade! I had predicted her husband would leave her over the stink she raised about this. Maybe the FBI should investigate her!

We can't be sure the slut in the photograph is Dr Ford... but I am sure some experts will be able to verify or not... everything about her needs to be brought out into the public so we can see how credible she is - or not.

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 04:24 AM
link   
a reply to: UKTruth

Agreed, but I'm guessing she was told that photo was out there and got cold feet.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join