It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kavanaugh Accuser Says, "I Thought He Might Inadvertently Kill Me "

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

originally posted by: AboveBoard

originally posted by: Teikiatsu

This is the highest court in the land and a lifetime appointment. He’s going to have to expect some scrutiny that he has not had before. It should be investigated and confirmation postponed until it’s been legitimately and sincerely looked into.

If he is confirmed and most women feel she was credible in her accusation, this will may very well set off a firestorm. It would not be a good look for the GOP.

So according to you, any and all women have the power to shut down confirmation hearings by submitting an anonymous letter of unsubstantiated claims.

No. I didn’t say that at all but whatever.

According to me, if someone is making credible accusations, then they should investigate.

Yet you want these specific accusations (which are not credible) to be investigated, which is holding up the confirmation.

Make up your mind.

What makes an accusation credible?

Your belief that they are not credible should determine whether or not a WEEK’S delay in confirmation occurs?!?!

Many sources I see say she IS credible. So if you don’t want the world to go by my opinion either, then let’s just let the investigation happen and be done with it. Credible, incredible, delusional or deniable, this is not something to shrug away and blow off.

Why don’t you want it investigated?? The question is out there, so if he’s innocent and she’s lying or “mixed-up” then please let’s take a few days and deal with it prior to a freaking lifetime appointment. Why the rush?!?!?!

ETA. My mind is made up that it should be investigated.

As to her credibility, there are many factors out there that point to her 1) not being crazy, 2) being plausible given where she went to school, and the party atmosphere and drinking issues of the time, 3) telling her therapist in couples therapy in 2012, 4) the notes of the therapist which confirms this, 5) her original wish to remain anonymous, 6) she pass d a polygraph test,7) she’s not a known political activist and isn’t generally politically active etc..., It’s all out there.

In addition, consider the motives of Ford, who by all accounts is not a particularly politically active person, to go public with allegations of sexual assault.

It appears that she did not want to speak publicly at all, but that reporters discovered her identity and pursued her.

Ford knew that she would be personally attacked in front of her children, colleagues, students and friends. There is no reasonable explanation for why she would subject herself to such humiliation other than the reason she has given: that she felt she had a duty as a citizen to speak up.

Many people have pointed to Ford’s delay in going public as evidence that she is lying.

As prosecutors, we have learned that victims of sexual assault do not always come forward immediately — and often never do — because they are shamed by society, fear not being believed, worry that they will be blamed for the attack or just want to move on with their lives.

Delay in reporting — particularly in the area of sexual assault — does not mean a report is false. And difficult as it is to come forward now, it would likely have been even more daunting for a 15-year-old girl in the 1980s, when Ford says she had this experience.
. Link

Why do you think she is NOT credible?

edit on 18-9-2018 by AboveBoard because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:02 PM
link   
a reply to: AboveBoard

Why do you think she is NOT credible?

When the Senator, who sat on Ford's letter, states the following, "I Can't Say That Everything Is Truthful."

From colleague Connor Marley. Feinstein on Ford. Says Ford "is a woman that has been, I think, profoundly impacted, on this..I can't say that everything is truthful. I don't know." — Chad Pergram (@ChadPergram) September 18, 2018

townhall.com...

That and the fact that Ford isn't responding to requests from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley to testify about her claims. Kavanaugh wants to respond to this accusation under oath. Ford's lawyer said she would testify under oath, so where is she? Cold feet, because she knows the world will soon realize she's a fraud?

Stanford professor Christine Blasey Ford, isn't responding to requests from Senate Judiciary Committee Chairman Chuck Grassley to testify about her claims.

"We have reached out to her in the last 36 hours, three or four times by email and we have not heard from them. It kind of raises the question do they want to come to the public hearing or not?"

"My client will do whatever is necessary to make sure that the Senate Judiciary Committee has the full story...to allow them to make a full informed decision," says Debra Katz

townhall.com... usations-n2520092

JUST IN:

Feinstein Questions Truthfulness of Kavanaugh Accuser, Immediately Back Peddles

Feinstein just now clarifies: “Look I believe she is credible. What we have wanted is an investigation carried out to look at the facts before there was a hearing. The republican majority is apparently not going to do that. But based on what I know at this stage she is credible.” — Alan He (@alanhe) September 18, 2018

dailycaller.com...

This nomination has become a circus because of the Democrats...pathetic.

edit on 9/18/2018 by shawmanfromny because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 09:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She was going to let it go like many women do, but she felt obligated since he was up for a SCOTUS appointment.

THE QUESTION IS WHY WOULD SHE LIE?

Because she is a far left-winger... We have seen how far left-wingers have been lying for over 2 years simply to go after the present administration. But here is the irony in all of this... Former POTUS Obama is in fact guilty of many of the claims the "far left" is falsely accusing POTUS Trump of, but no one in the left said anything about former POTUS Obama unconstitutional and oppressive actions.

She has a motive to lie. The only corroborating witness, Mark Judge, stated this never happened... Not to mention the fact that the "far left" has tainted any possible investigation which the FBI could have done... The far left news media has been posting false claim and has even already judged, without any evidence, that Kavanaugh is guilty. This is not how investigations are done.

But here is the thing. The far left has known that these charges could never be proven, but their folly has already tainted the reputation of a good man.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 10:30 PM
link   

What removes the convenience is the anonymity, the timing and the political coincidence. This has been about delays from the start, and now the Dems want to turn it into some #metoo rallying cry prior to the November elections.

Sanity is not credibility
Location, anecdotal drinking stories and plausibility are not credibility
Telling a story to a therapist is not credibility - no names are mentioned and says there were 4 boys
Anonymity is not credibility, it's actually the opposite
Polygraph that she was harassed at some time or another? Someone who has convinced them self something happened?
Lack of public activism is not credibility.

I'm not saying nothing happened to her in high school. But she has no proof, her story keeps shifting around, she waffles on public statements, and her argument is based on emotion instead of evidence and fact. Nothing about what she says conveys credibility. The only argument I hear is that she should be heard. News Flash: We have a legal structure that doesn't assume guilt, and everyone gets an equal voice. This is all she said, he said.

Okay, we've heard her. Now let's move on with our lives.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 11:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Teikiatsu

Well she says now that she wants the FBI to investigate, which would include her credibility.

Perhaps it might help clear things up a bit?

I get that you don’t find her credible. That is your opinion and you are entitled to it.

Imagine for a moment it happened as she describes it...and he is now lying about it...

She is facing death threats to herself and her family, and has had to take a leave of absence from her job, as well as move her family to a new location after being doxxed.

If she’s lying, she could make that all go away by withdrawing her accusation. Yet she hasn’t.

As to delays... how long was Scalia’s seat held open while a moderate candidate was prevented from receiving a hearing, even though it was clear that if he did, he would pass with no problems and be confirmed with bi-partisan support? So I have zero sympathy for this process slowing down from the unprecedented fast pace and “ram through” tactics when so very much is on the line with a lifetime appointment.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:47 AM
link   

She has refused the opportunity to speak under oath.
They says it all.
The FBI are not going to look at a case from 36 years ago with no evidence. There has to be a reason to investigate. An accusation is not enough, especially in the circumstances it had arisen.

This has been a really sick democrat sham.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:56 AM
link   

So I have zero sympathy for this process slowing down from the unprecedented fast pace and “ram through” tactics when so very much is on the line with a lifetime appointment.

Unprecedented fast pace? Average from nomination to confirmation is 25 days....we are already over double that....

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   

She is a liberal activist who came forward to aid Democrats stop Kavanaugh with a 36 year old claim of sexual assault. The timing, the fact she tried to delete references to her activism and is unwilling to go under oath makes her not credible.

If Alex Jones came forward with a claim Schumer tried to murder him, would you believe him? Or should the FBI investigate to get to the bottom of it?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

So I have zero sympathy for this process slowing down from the unprecedented fast pace and “ram through” tactics when so very much is on the line with a lifetime appointment.

Unprecedented fast pace? Average from nomination to confirmation is 25 days....we are already over double that....

www.nytimes.com...

Reality has taken a back seat.
This is a relatively slow confirmation process, with more documents produced than any other on history, yet the media can parrot Democrats by saying it's rushed and there is a lack of documentation and some will just pick up the BS and carry it here.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:40 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny>>>> It sounds like she's either wildly exaggerating what happened, or she's making it all up.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 03:45 AM
link   

“I’ve been smeared, threatened, isolated from my own party,” she continued, regardless of her efforts. “I provided medical records from 2017, stating on two different Dr. Visits, I told them about the abuse and who did it. My therapist released records stating I have been dealing and healing from the abuse.”

“Four people, including my supervisor at the time, stated that I came to them after and shared the exact story I shared publicly,” Monahan continued. “I shared multiple text between me and Keith, where I discuss the abuse with him and much more. As I said before, I knew I wouldn’t be believed,” she said.

No, the above is not from Mrs Ford, it's from the woman accusing Keith Ellison of sexual assault. Democrats have attacked her. She has actual evidence.

Now tell me why Ford is special to Democrats? Is it because she says she was sexually assaulted? Or is it political game playing and a complete con?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth

She has refused the opportunity to speak under oath.
They says it all.
The FBI are not going to look at a case from 36 years ago with no evidence. There has to be a reason to investigate. An accusation is not enough, especially in the circumstances it had arisen.

This has been a really sick democrat sham.

No. If the FBI investigates, it would be a federal crime to lie to them. She is willing to be investigated.

Also, you later compare her to Alex Jones. 🙄. Seriously? I don’t recall Dr. Ford ranting on YouTube about politics on a show while selling questionable “female empowerment “ supplements and rape survival kits, for example. She may have expressed a political opinion or even done a protest march with friends (millions have), but so have you and millions of other Americans.

Prove she was truly an “activist.” Show me.

Speaking of “activist,” Kavanaugh was a political operative in the Bush White House. I think his consistent partisanship and dirty tricks political activism is overt and far greater than anything Dr. Ford has ever done.

edit on 19-9-2018 by AboveBoard because: Ack. Text scramble!!

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:45 AM
link   
a reply to: shawmanfromny

She is such a liar. She is doing exactly what they did to Trump and every other "Man" that was to be put in power positions that threatens what the feminist agenda is. Agenda's that are usually ignorant or dangerous. feminists are always accusing men of "Male Toxicity" but there are never any patterns of those accusations, and they never use this deceptive tactic...until a man is to be in a power position that they want. Liberals are simply shameless. Here we have a consistent pattern of the same behavior of accusing another man of sexual crimes with no evidence, just so they can discredit him and plug some idiot Liberal (most likely a woman) in his chair. It won't happen of course, but this is validation of course, of a real and proven issue that is "Female Toxicity". But then, it's no news that everything the Liberals accuse others of...they are actually doing themselves and then projecting onto the Conservatives by finger pointing. Most can see this by now because it happens so frequently and is usually easily debunked. So, this Judge is yet another example of Female Toxicity.
edit on 19-9-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Actually she wants them to investigate him not her. She was invited to testify closed doors and refused.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   
a reply to: Dutchowl

She was talking to the Post since July. She claimed she didn't want anyone to know who she was. Then claimed she came forward fearing media would discover her identity when we know she was talking to the media setting this up for months.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: shawmanfromny
Kavanaugh's accuser has been identified. Her name is Christine Blasey Ford, a professor at Palo Alto University. She decides to come out now, 35 years later and claim that she thought Kavanaugh might accidentally kill her, as "He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing."

"I thought he might inadvertently kill me," said Ford, who works as a research psychologist in California. "He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing."

www.foxnews.com...

She claims that she escaped only after Kavanaugh's buddy, Mark Judge, playfully jumped on them and sent "everyone in the room tumbling."

Ford said Kavanaugh and a friend, Mark Judge, were "stumbling drunk" and laughing "maniacally" when Kavanaugh pinned her to a bed and tried to forcibly remove her one-piece bathing suit, as well as the clothes she was wearing. According to Ford, Kavanaugh put his hand over her mouth when she attempted to scream.

Ford claimed she was able to escape to a bathroom and then outside of the house when Judge jumped into the fray and sent everyone in the room "tumbling."

www.foxnews.com...

Judge and Kavanaugh both denied the allegations on Friday. Ford claims it's her "civic responsibility" to come forward now, since Kavanaugh's defenders argued that the supposed allegations are simply not true. Keep in mind five dozen women claimed in a letter to the Senate Judiciary Committee, that Kavanaugh was a good person.

"Now I feel like my civic responsibility is outweighing my anguish and terror about retaliation," Ford told The Post. She added that the incident "derailed me substantially for four or five years" and that "I was very ill-equipped to forge those kinds of relationships" going forward.

And on Friday, more than five dozen women came forward to defend Kavanaugh, calling him "a good person" in a letter to the committee. "We are women who have known Brett Kavanaugh for more than 35 years and knew him while he attended high school between 1979 and 1983. For the entire time we have known Brett Kavanaugh, he has behaved honorably and treated women with respect," the letter read. "We strongly believe it is important to convey this information to the Committee at this time."

www.foxnews.com...

Why wait 35 years? Why didn't Ford's parents press charges? Is Ford making up this story? Why did Feinstein show this allegation to all senior Democratic senators, but not to Grassley? Is this just another feeble attempt by the Democrats to derail this nomination?

has this lady decided where and when the alleged attack took place?
or are the fbi the only ones who can determine that?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   
a reply to: shooterbrody

She can't say. She can't say how she got there or got home either.

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 11:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

She can't say. She can't say how she got there or got home either.

so then this would not even merit a police report?

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

Actually she wants them to investigate him not her. She was invited to testify closed doors and refused.

LOL. Of course she wants them to investigate him and not her. To be put on the stand would be a real investigation into perjury, or even i a closed environment, lying to the police is obstruction of Justice and lying to the police, both of which can come with prison time. Why would she want anyone to investigate her, when all she has to do is accuse, lie and sit back with a bag of Popcorn to watch the sparks fly?
Unfortunately for her...that is not how the legal system works. You don't just accuse and the other party is under the spotlight. BOTH parties are investigated stringently. She is by no means the first to accuse a man of such a crime, that turned out to be nothing but a lie for selfish agenda. Now, in the real world in which we all live, this might fly, as there are many men sitting in prison for the shameless acts of women and their selfishness, but it's not going to work so well on a Judge. One mistake...and SHE is in trouble.
edit on 19-9-2018 by IlluminatiTechnician because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 19 2018 @ 12:02 PM
link   

It didn't merit remembering so I guess it wasn't worthy of a police report.

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join