It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman accusing Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct comes forward

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: burdman30ott6

If it was a democrat I assume you would say the same thing. Like if it were Obama's nominee

Yeah, with the GOP holding the majority, they should have held the confirmation vote on Garland and summarily rejected him. If you're asking whether I think Garland, or any Obama nominee, should be on the SCOTUS then, of course, my answer is "no." Obviously I'm no fan of activists and Constitutional revisionists sitting on the courts.

+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Last-minute sexual allegations against Republican nominees are becoming routine enough that a dedicated time slot should probably be included for them in future Senate confirmation schedules.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Willtell
a reply to: Boadicea

No, she thinks a potential rapist as a SCOTUS justice is a terrible thing.

Maybe. Maybe not. Maybe she just thinks Kavanaugh as SCJ is a terrible thing. We really don't know.

But if her accusations are true, then we do know she didn't think other women being victimized was a terrible enough thing to say something before this.

What she did was brave IF she’s telling the truth.

I disagree. The brave thing would have been to come forward to stop a predator assaulting others. She's only coming forward now to stop his appointment. To hurt him. It's revenge at best. Whether true or not, her motives are self-serving.

Being myself once falsely accused of something I would be horrified if he’s innocent and he gets bumped because of merely an accusation

He's already lost his unvarnished reputation -- true or not. This will hang over his head forever. Just like Justice Thomas.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Boadicea because: Clarity

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:15 PM
link   
In the public sphere it is about what you can prove, not what you believe. Nothing in this story (for now) can be proved. It warrants investigation and consideration, but for now carries no wait in the argument as to whether Kavanaugh should be confirmed. To immediately condemn him for an action with no proof only confirms your bias and illiteracy of the situation. That is what is happening now, because - once again - there is no proof. If there were factual evidence against Kavanaugh and the folks on the right willingly supported him regardless then the folks on the left would have legitimate ammunition. All they have right now is fodder for fools.
edit on 16-9-2018 by sooth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I'm going with he did lie when playing lava as a 7yr old ,his foot did touch the ground when jumping to the pillow. As for this did he force her into the room and onto the bed and what did she mean Don't stop.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

originally posted by: norhoc
a reply to: Kharron

Guaruntee you this is all made up and she is being paid lots of money.

You must have some proof for that guarantee, otherwise guess how much it's worth?

Thanks for reading and commenting folks, be back later to talk more.

One cannot prove a negative.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:45 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

Well there's no easy solution here as people do lie about these things,in saying that these things also do happen , if an accusation is laid it should be investigated without bias.

Hard now to investigate without bias when the whole point of trying to dredge this stuff up, is becuse they want to block him from being nominated.

So much so they hired people to disrupt the hearings, and even had a woman covered in period blood shouting and acting a fool.

And anyone thinks this would be investigated w out bias?

Not going to happen.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   
The next chapter, allegedly:

www.breitbart.com...

The accuser might be anti-Trump-policies.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:59 PM
link   

She wanted to remain anonymous .. so she contacted the Post in July. Makes total sense.

She can't remember what year this happened. She can't remember any real details. It's a joke.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

She wanted to remain anonymous .. so she contacted the Post in July. Makes total sense.

She can't remember what year this happened. She can't remember any real details. It's a joke.

It is, yet many on the left will (have) jumped on this as a way to keep him from getting voted on until after the mid-terms.
I, for one, say lets wait. He will have even more conformation votes then.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:02 PM
link   
I wonder what any of the people who believe all of her allegations might think of the quality of her “common sense” at the time of the alleged incident. Anybody?
edit on 9/16/2018 by japhrimu because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Annnd, the ONLY witness has no clue wth she's talking about. Does the witness even know her?

I don't know about others, but when I was in high school upper classmen didn't have anything to do with under classmen; especially, one two grades lower.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
I wonder what any of the people who believe all of her allegations might think of the quality of her “common sense” at the time of the alleged incident. Anybody?

Not sure if any do believe her or even care if she is telling the truth. "The end justifies the means".

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Quadrivium

Fair enough... #metoo

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:38 PM
link   
So in the eleventh hour feinstien brings this issue to light after sitting on it all summer, in an attempt to delay the confirmation vote.
MY senator, Jake Flake, has now stated that he agrees with the Dems that there should be an investigation before moving forward with the vote.
With him taking that position, the vote would be tied.
This, to me, is ridiculous. I would love to call his office and give him a piece of my mind but he's announced he won't be seeking re-election.
He couldn't give 2 poots for what his constituents want.
Where is my representation?
~end rant~

ELO

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:47 PM
link   
a reply to: annoyedpharmacistI like your screen name. I can see your are quick to the point. this has nothing to do with the topic, but I strongly believe in better living thru chemistry.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Must these things always degrade to the Left this, the Right that?
Bottom line, do you want some entitled jerk to attempt rape on your daughter? And then thirty years later he gets to sit on the Supreme Court?
I know there are all sorts of teenage shenanigans, but there is NO Way a person who thinks that it's OK to rape someone as a teenager, has his head on straight. Clearly Kavenaugh would have done so, if his buddy hadn't horsed around/intervened.

By the way, the woman took and passed a lie detector test, let's see if Kavanaugh is willing to take one. (and, yes, lie detector tests are not perfect...blah blah.....)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Elostone

Feinstein is a dinosaur. Please please would she just retire for everyone's sake!
She, who claims to advocate for women, requires the young female interns who work in her office to wear skirts suits or dresses... and pantyhose .....
I am not a Republican, nor am I a Democrat.... I choose no party affiliation because they are both corrupt and out of touch...

This process of vetting a potential supreme court judge is so mired in party politics that the needs of the American public (fair and wise judges) are trampled into the mud.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Liberal Anti-America GOOGLE is so anti-Kavanaugh, that if you search on the lying accuser's name for content before 12/31/2017, 99.9% of the results will be TODAY's news...all anti-Kavanaugh. Same results if you change the "before" date to 12/31/2016!

Google has removed the ability to search solely for info on Christine Blasey Ford that was in the public domain, before today.

No wonder Google declined to attend the Congressional hearings on Social Media integrity 2 weeks ago. The company must be in deep collusion with bad actors.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: japhrimu
The next chapter, allegedly:

www.breitbart.com...

The accuser might be anti-Trump-policies.

The woman accusing President Trump’s United States Supreme Court nominee Brett Kavanaugh of a “rape attempt” when the two were in high school previously signed a letter fighting Trump’s “Zero Tolerance” policy at the U.S.-Mexico border.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join