It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman accusing Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct comes forward

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Kharron
We now know the woman whom Kavanaugh allegedly molested during high school as Christine Blasey Ford, a clinical psychology professor at Palo Alto University in California, and two years younger than Kavanaugh. This happened many, many years ago but actions from someone's past must be considered, especially when that person could land a vital position, with no term limit.

Ford said that Kavanaugh pinned her to the bed, molested her and covered her mouth when she tried to scream. It was another boy, who was in the room, that broke them up. She did not speak about this to anyone until 2012, when she and her husband saw a therapist for couples counseling. Her husband also recalls the issue coming up in therapy and AP has verified the therapist notes from the sessions as well.

Ford’s husband, Russell Ford, also told the newspaper that his wife described during therapy being trapped in a room with two drunken boys and that one of them had pinned her to a bed, molested her and tried to prevent from screaming. He said he recalled his wife using Kavanaugh’s last name and expressing concern that Kavanaugh — then a federal judge — might someday be nominated to the Supreme Court.

The therapist’s notes say four boys were involved, but Ford says that was an error by the therapist. Ford says four boys were at the party, but only two boys were in the room at the time.

Ford had contacted the Post through a tip line in early July after it had become clear that Kavanaugh was on Trump’s shortlist to fill a vacancy but before the Republican president nominated him, the newspaper said.

At the same time, and before Kavanaugh's nomination, she contacted her representative in Congress, Ann Eshoo, who in turn contacted Feinstein. Kavanaugh has denied these allegations and 65 women have written a letter that he has always been respectful to them.

Considering that multiple people have had conversations about this incident, years prior to the nomination, it lends credence to the story that the professor is telling the truth. And yes, people can rehabilitate and change, and Kavanaugh may be a better man today, but my experience tells me those who wish to hide things, instead of being honest and dealing with the fallout, tend to have not changed that much.

Both Eshoo and Feinstein said Sunday that they supported Ford’s decision to come forward.

Ford told the Post she changed her mind about coming forward after watching portions of her story come out without her permission. She said if anyone was going to tell her story, she wanted to be the one to tell it.

Associated Press

Another one for the #metoo movement. Tell me folks, should an incident that happened decades ago be taken into account when considering a Supreme Court judge?

Personally, this man creeps me out. Not because he makes weird faces like Strzok did during his hearing, but because he does not react at all. He's like a photograph of a man. Always poker faced, and perfectly groomed for years with perfect positions, and then with a shady background and volumes of missing pages.

I'll leave you with a thought a friend of mine told me yesterday -- the first question to ask Kavanaugh during his confirmation hearings:

"Would you, as a judge, rule on a case if you knew it had 90,000 documents missing?"

What's sad is something that may or may not have occurred decades ago is in the news and current Catholic priests molesting hundreds, maybe thousands, is not even a blip on your radar.

How do you know it's not on my radar? I'm looking forward to seeing what comes out of the unprecedented summit the Pope called in February.

What I'm concerned about is the immediacy of this issue, with a confirmation pending. What concerns me is not only this sexual allegation but also the thousands of pages from the Bush era. I understand that some things are classified, but Senators have those clearances. And documents can be redacted. And summaries of decisions are included -- I just wish we could see what judges voted and wrote such things as the Patriot Act. Did he have anything to do with this NWO tool, and if he thinks surveillance of Americans is ok.

If he did then I don't want this NWO a-hole anywhere near our Supreme Court.

Am I right? Do you?

I don't care who nominated him, if it's Trump, or Obama or JFK resurrected -- I don't care. I want to know his involvement with those important NWO acts passed under Bush and I want to know where this sexual allegation will go. Until that is known, I cannot support this guy.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:28 PM
link   
I don't like him, coming from a neutral point of view. If true then this only amplifies my hatred toward him.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: annoyedpharmacist

originally posted by: kaylaluv

originally posted by: hopenotfeariswhatweneed
a reply to: Lumenari

How would you feel if you were molested years ago and not believed when you finally decided to come forward about it ?

How would you feel if someone accused you of sexual assault, and you didnt do it?

I’d welcome an investigation so I could clear my name.

do you think you should lose your job or promotion based on an allegation alone?

eta: because that is what the left is going to argue for in the weeks to come here........

I think it is something that should be investigated. If nothing comes of it, nothing comes of it.

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Why did she wait so long to come forward?

Why was she not worried until Kavanuagh was going to the Supreme Court? Apparently she was fine remaining silent while an attempted rapist was judge a lower court judge?

Why did Feinstein set in this for months? If it’s not political and really about justice for a victim, why would Feinstein not have came forward immediately?

I have also read that this woman may have deleted online material showing she marched against trump and donated to democrats

Why would she do that?

Why did the Dems demanding the conformation of Kavanuagh be held up because of these serious allegations, and yet took the exact opposite stance with the allegations against Democrat Keith Ellison?

Is everyone ok with the fact that now bringing up sexual allegations from decades ago with no proof whatsoever is now one of the most effective political strategies in our system?
edit on 16-9-2018 by Grambler because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:33 PM
link   

How would you feel if you were molested years ago and not believed when you finally decided to come forward about it ?

No disrespect, but the reason I left the Democratic party is because I could no longer believe them.

So now I am supposed to because they are playing the same dirty politics that they have played for the last 70 years or so?

So sorry... not buying into that particular strawman today.

But thank you for trying to play.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Who gives a rip anyway, he was a drunk kid in high school.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:37 PM
link   

Are you saying you're choosing not to believe this accusation based on your political leanings ?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

That's a great question for her therapist, I suggest you ask her. Why did she wait until 2012 to deal with these buried issues -- all of 6 years before this nomination, and years before Trump, in general.

Why do people bury pain and not talk about it for decades, until it affects other relationships and requires counseling?

Or were you suggesting you had an answer for this?

Do you want an NWO lawyer, who maybe had part in Patriot Act and surveillance of Americans, in Supreme Court for decades to come?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: misskat1

Who gives a rip anyway, he was a drunk kid in high school.

What if:
Who cares he murdered someone he was a drunk kid in high school.

violence is violence even minor things

edit on 16-9-2018 by watchandwait410 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:42 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

Ford’s husband, Russell Ford, also told the newspaper that his wife described during therapy being trapped in a room with two drunken boys and that one of them had pinned her to a bed, molested her and tried to prevent from screaming. He said he recalled his wife using Kavanaugh’s last name and expressing concern that Kavanaugh — then a federal judge — might someday be nominated to the Supreme Court.

This whole paragraph doesn't sit well with me, its vague on the details yet implies a specific series of events occurred and dances around directly accusing Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct, I mean if he pinned her down and had his way with her then just say it!!!!

ETA: OK - I see this in the other thread just created..

"I thought he might inadvertently kill me," said Ford, who works as a research psychologist in California. "He was trying to attack me and remove my clothing."

If this occurred as she has alleged, Kavanaugh will be forced to respond, so when he does, the 3rd person in the equation will become a vital piece of the puzzle.
edit on 16/9/2018 by Sublimecraft because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: watchandwait410
I don't like him, coming from a neutral point of view. If true then this only amplifies my hatred toward him.

That hardly qualifies as a "neutral point of view".

He is going to be on the Supreme Court. Leave it to the Democrats to try this same old play again.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
a reply to: Grambler

That's a great question for her therapist, I suggest you ask her. Why did she wait until 2012 to deal with these buried issues -- all of 6 years before this nomination, and years before Trump, in general.

Why do people bury pain and not talk about it for decades, until it affects other relationships and requires counseling?

Or were you suggesting you had an answer for this?

Do you want an NWO lawyer, who maybe had part in Patriot Act and surveillance of Americans, in Supreme Court for decades to come?

Great! Then if this is all true, then this woman should sign papers to allow what she said to her therapist to be allowed out in the open! With Hippa and all that is what would be needed.

Looking forward to her therapy records to be opened up to back up her claims!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: pavil

originally posted by: watchandwait410

That hardly qualifies as a "neutral point of view".

He is going to be on the Supreme Court. Leave it to the Democrats to try this same old play again.

I meant not rep or dem, sorry for the confusion.

link   
The whole thing is Democrat connected and even if true, they would have proved it long before the Senate hearings started.

BS is BS

No witnesses either for some strange reason.

💥busted flat tire💥

link   

originally posted by: Grambler
Why did she wait so long to come forward?

Why was she not worried until Kavanuagh was going to the Supreme Court? Apparently she was fine remaining silent while an attempted rapist was judge a lower court judge?

Why did Feinstein set in this for months? If it’s not political and really about justice for a victim, why would Feinstein not have came forward immediately?

I have also read that this woman may have deleted online material showing she marched against trump and donated to democrats

Why would she do that?

Why did the Dems demanding the conformation of Kavanuagh be held up because of these serious allegations, and yet took the exact opposite stance with the allegations against Democrat Keith Ellison?

Is everyone ok with the fact that now bringing up sexual allegations from decades ago with no proof whatsoever is now one of the most effective political strategies in our system?

Great Post , and this Story Will have No Effect on his Conformation BEFORE the Mid Term Elections because of the Statute of Limitations , and No Presented Substantiated Proof of a Crime was Committed in the First Place .

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Your kidding, right?

How did admitting guilt work out for Louis CK? Roseanne?

LOL

The environment created by the culture of outrage is one that chokes honesty.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You really believe this story? How convenient of her to come forward this weekend. Innocent until proven guilty unfortunately no proof because it "happened" 30+ years ago.

This all else fails pull the me too movement card is getting old fast. Allegations like these are a low blow and morally wrong. You can't prove anything and that's not even the objective the objective is anything it takes to stop the nomination before the midterms.

In high school really? Wtf with US politics geez

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:48 PM
link   

How would you feel if someone accused you of sexual assault, and you didnt do it?

I’d welcome an investigation so I could clear my name.

do you think you should lose your job or promotion based on an allegation alone?

eta: because that is what the left is going to argue for in the weeks to come here........

I think it is something that should be investigated. If nothing comes of it, nothing comes of it.

That sounds like an excellent strategy for coming elections. Find the candidate that you don’t like, construct a fabrication about a distant sexual situation from a partisan, then let’s investigate it until after the election.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   
a reply to: hopenotfeariswhatweneed

I would not expect anyone but my closest friends and family to believe me if I told a story like this 35 yrs. after the fact. And if I didn't go to the authorities at the time of the incident, I don't even think I should be believed 35 yrs. later.

I would expect my closest friends/family who know me and trust me to believe me if I told them a story like this, but I certainly wouldn't expect the public or authorities to believe me. Pretty nervy if you ask me. I am a female. I had experienced many a "me too" moment throughout my life, but this is utter nonsense to speak out and expect to be taken seriously so many years later. Unless, of course, there is still some sort of physical evidence that one could provide.

And I don't know a single one of my female friends that would come forward 35 yrs later either. In discussing these accusations we all agree that if the female didn't report it at the time, she really isn't credible.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

Your kidding, right?

How did admitting guilt work out for Louis CK? Roseanne?

LOL

The environment created by the culture of outrage is one that chokes honesty.

You're suggesting people lie about it and keep it hidden?

And I don't think you're kidding.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join