It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

San Ber'dino by Zappa. classic jam

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:33 AM
link   
She lives in Mojave in a Winnebago
His name is Bobby he looks like a potato

hahahahah

some nice call and response between Frank and Captain Beefheart on the harmonica.
a little background vocals by Johnny Guitar Watson

if anyone is from around there especially at that time you will get some of the references.

killer song all the way around

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Not a Zappa fan but that's......just awesome dude, just awesome.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Zappa....he has such a different take on music then virtually anyone else.
instantly recognizable.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: openyourmind1262
Not a Zappa fan but that's......just awesome dude, just awesome.

i firmly believe that whoever says they are not a zappa fan just has not heard the right stuff. he has a huge body of work across just about every genre.

a lot of people only know his few radio songs or the songs with the dirty/funny lyrics.

give me a couple genres you like and/or a few bands you like and i will post a couple songs from zappa to see if i can change your opinion.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: autopat51
Zappa....he has such a different take on music then virtually anyone else.
instantly recognizable.

i really feel like there is zappa and then everyone else

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

You want change my like or dislike of Frank Zappa. I've heard his stuff and it just does not do it for me. Just not a fan. My musical taste has morphed thru all these years. When young, RUSH, Foghat, Molly Hatchet, 38 Special, Allman Brothers,....mid -life pretty much the same. But hold the fort, in 2014 I started listening to a guy named Paul Thorn....".A great day to whup somebodies ass" was the name of the song on MusicFog. Just him and a guitar...That lead to Corb Lund & The Hurtin Albertins….an absolutely awesome Western singer/songwriter. That lead to Hayes Carll out of Texas, which lead to Ray Wiley Hubbard also Texas. Then The Turnpike Troubadors...of which the wife and are going to see in Raleigh N.C. on Oct 4th..... Which lead to a whole host of western & country music that I have found I really love. American man stream country is just damn lame.....Casey Donahew Band has few songs you would like as well as Hayes Carll…….from reading your threads and the like I guarantee you will like the Paul Thorn song," Great Day to Whup Somebodies Ass",,,Let's say, I feel it would be your personality in real life.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Well, if you want crazy Zappa..........

new topics

top topics

join