It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When "liberals" pray that Trump fails, who or what do you or they pray to?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I pray for your responses, DB. What a hooot-thanks for chiming in. Think you have many praying for you. Politics aside.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: Lumenari

You know about as much about political science as IgnoranceIsntBliss knows about journalism. Take that however you want.

I merely stated a Truth.

Your opinion on that doesn't matter.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

You know about as much about political science as IgnoranceIsntBliss knows about journalism. Take that however you want.

I merely stated a Truth.

HAHA!!!

Its even funnier when you lot believe the rubbish you post.

So let me get this correct, I am politically left, now because of that I must be worshiping the state and not any other religious figure. Yet you because your on the political right, your sound, your doing it the right way.

You couldn't make this crap up....oh wait...no..you can...you just did.

edit on 16-9-2018 by OtherSideOfTheCoin because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: fiverx313

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: fiverx313

Yep, just another liberal bashing thread. Typical.

probably should work in something about how we all pray to the great state of california too, i guess

circle, meet jerk(s)

Why would you pray to the promised land itself?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Sounds about right, but only the radical left pray for his demise.

I think "pray" is the wrong angle, more like "wish" his failure.

Some are too stupid to see beyond those actions 😋

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Granted I haven't read through a couple pages, but I'm surprised no one brought up how Limbaugh was talking about Obama's agenda early on and said, "I hope he fails!" in reference to that agenda.

But hoping and praying are two different things. Praying does imply the belief in some form of higher power. While hoping doesn't.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OtherSideOfTheCoin

originally posted by: Lumenari

I merely stated a Truth.

HAHA!!!

Its even funnier when you lot believe the rubbish you post.

So let me get this correct, I am politically left, now because of that I must be worshiping the state and not any other religious figure. Yet you because your on the political right, your sound, your doing it the right way.

You couldn't make this crap up....oh wait...no..you can...you just did.

Actually, it has been a reading topic of mine for about the last 20 years or so.

That you cannot comprehend what I wrote does not invalidate it.

It actually just puts you in that category the Progressive Left leaders call, to quote Henry Kissinger, "useless eaters."

Not my words there.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss
Why would you pray to the promised land itself?

why aren't you sober yet?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Politics isn't science no matter how much money college students are in debt for taking the BS course!

Only thing scientific about politics is learning how to lie and manipulate people. I was taught more in HS thru civics and POD when it comes right down to comparing how a country should be run versus how colleges today teach how to lie and manipulate.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Actually, it has been a reading topic of mine for about the last 20 years or so.

Wow has it, mine too.

I don't care if you say you've got a phd on it, you can say you have been studying it for 20 years and online that means absolutely nothing.

That you cannot comprehend what I wrote does not invalidate it.

Again with this arrogant intellectual superiority BS.

Dude, being left or right doesn't not change the god one follows.

How about you just keep posting though, please, this is very entertaining, I love that there actually exist some people who think that being politically left means they worship the state and being on the right makes you holly than thou.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Yeah sorry I keep forgetting how Religious faith is only for those who agree with your own brand of politics, how could I forget.

Everyone seems to overlook the reality that politics and religions and racial ideologies and gangs are all of the same kind of tribalistic cults. The political party is the 'organized religion', their ideals manifested absolutely are the promised land, their presidential candidates the messiahs, the lower level politicians and related official hatchetmen are the priests, the PC is the dogma, the party platform is the Commandments, party colors and symbols are the sacraments the idols, everyone else the fellow brethren who votes for the party are the flock, a certain amount of "too much" supremacy by the evil other party is the apocalypse.

To deviate from the official party mantras is hereticism.

To follow the party and its priests and all that requires absolute blind faith, religious conviction grade loyalty, otherwise how could anyone beLIEve their BS, how could they overtly lambast their opponents for their absurd blind worship of the others leadership despite the contradictions that are right on the surface AND THEN brazenly do it themselves day in and day out?

And the science is there to prove it:

The Political Brain
During the run-up to the 2004 presidential election, while undergoing an fMRI bran scan, 30 men--half self-described as "strong" Republicans and half as "strong" Democrats--were tasked with assessing statements by both George W. Bush and John Kerry in which the candidates clearly contradicted themselves. Not surprisingly, in their assessments Republican subjects were as critical of Kerry as Democratic subjects were of Bush, yet both let their own candidate off the hook.

The neuroimaging results, however, revealed that the part of the brain most associated with reasoning--the dorsolateral prefrontal cortex--was quiescent. Most active were the orbital frontal cortex, which is involved in the processing of emotions; the anterior cingulate, which is associated with conflict resolution; the posterior cingulate, which is concerned with making judgments about moral accountability; and--once subjects had arrived at a conclusion that made them emotionally comfortable--the ventral striatum, which is related to reward and pleasure.

"We did not see any increased activation of the parts of the brain normally engaged during reasoning," Westen is quoted as saying in an Emory University press release. "What we saw instead was a network of emotion circuits lighting up, including circuits hypothesized to be involved in regulating emotion, and circuits known to be involved in resolving conflicts." Interestingly, neural circuits engaged in rewarding selective behaviors were activated. "Essentially, it appears as if partisans twirl the cognitive kaleidoscope until they get the conclusions they want, and then they get massively reinforced for it, with the elimination of negative emotional states and activation of positive ones," Westen said.

They've got everyones brains by the balls (just like every religion ever).

edit on 16-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   
a reply to: fiverx313

I havent had a beer all weekend.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

So when I had an angry Republican message me, back in the day on Myspace, shouting me down for tearing Dubya up daily, declaring that "God put Bush into office"... um well you tell me!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Bla-bla-bal-bal...bla.

Really its the same crap just coming out of a different mouth.

When are you lot going to realise that being left isn't "evil" nor is it anymore right or wrong than being politically on the right its just a different ideological outlook. Its a difference in opinion, you all need to really get over yourselfs and realise that your not any better than me or anyone else because you follow a different set of political beliefs.

Really as funny as it is, I kind of pity you lot a bit, its like you want to wrap yourselfs up in this bubble of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:26 PM
link   

I really don't like Trump.

But when he does do something right, I will acknowledge that.

It's ok to dislike him but the left seem to obsessed with him to fail they will critise or oppose the few good things he has done.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:28 PM
link   

When are you lot going to realise that being left isn't "evil" nor is it anymore right or wrong than being politically on the right its just a different ideological outlook. Its a difference in opinion, you all need to really get over yourselfs and realise that your not any better than me or anyone else because you follow a different set of political beliefs.

Really as funny as it is, I kind of pity you lot a bit, its like you want to wrap yourselfs up in this bubble of ignorance.

When who "lot"? Like any group would have me!

You sound like a bible thumping Christian evangelical, to whom everyone that disagrees with them are inherently "anti-god" (etc etc).
edit on 16-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

So when I had an angry Republican message me, back in the day on Myspace, shouting me down for tearing Dubya up daily, declaring that "God put Bush into office"... um well you tell me!

Considering my view is that everything that happens is by His will for one reason or another, He put Obama into office too.

Doesn't mean God takes sides though. After all, that also means He gave us Trump, Putin, and that idiot in Venezuela. Generally speaking, my view when it comes to human politics is that God lets us decide, so we give ourselves what we deserve however you want to take that.
edit on 16-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Its funny you should say that, because my immediate response was 'oh like God rigged the election for Bush (not Bush's people did)', and the respnse was 'of course', which brought me to 'then that means it put Hitler into power too'...

And such a creature doesnt deserve to be worshiped.

Where the reality is 'gods' arent rigging all the elections across time, political party's are.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:37 PM
link   

God can pull the strings in politics. God can *always* pull the strings, but the last time He actively did stuff like that was 400 some odd years or more before Christ's first advent, and then He mainly confined Himself to the Israelites and doings around their fate.

These days, He lets us muddle through on our own to learn good and hard why we can't create Utopia by our own will. Obviously, given the state of things, we haven't yet learned our lesson because there are still way too many people who still persist in believing it's possible for us to do if only we can find the right people to run it and force everyone else to go along.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:46 PM
link   
When the religious right continually praise an immoral man such as Trump, they cannot question the morals of the left.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join