It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump Couldn’t Get Mexico To Pay For His Wall. Now Americans Won’t Pay Either.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:52 AM
link   
Let's just get this out of the way now. The southern wall will not be built and Mexico will not pay for it.

Mexico refused to pay for President Donald Trump’s wall, and now it appears American taxpayers may never have to either.

A spending bill to keep the federal government running past Sept. 30 will not contain money for Trump’s biggest presidential campaign promise. Republican congressional leaders are instead postponing the fight over a wall along the southwestern border until after the November midterm elections — when Democrats will almost certainly have more influence and possibly be weeks away from taking control of the House.

“This is the GOP Congress giving the president a big middle finger,” said Stan Collender, a budget expert who spent years working for House and Senate committees.

Source

His very own party isn't even willing to accommodate what should be his signature campaign promise. He couldn't get it done. The deal maker. The guy who made this the front of his campaign. He has his own party in power and couldn't do it?

I know Donnie... the nerve.....

Now now, I get it. None of you actually care about the wall. You support the Trump act, that's what really matters. My question is, what's Trump's next excuse for this? That he'll need a second term to fulfill what should be a first term promise? That the Deep State prevented him from achieving this?? What's next? The GOP has once again turned their backs on his $11billion request... after approving how much for the military and in tax cuts? You getting the message yet?

If it's any consulation, I actually don't mind a southern wall. I mean I question it's effectiveness but I don't mind. I just find it amusing how, after $1 trillion + in corporate elite tax cuts and military money, couldn't he make a deal for a measly $11 billion? With the GOP? His own party?

+14 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Southern Guardian

Before you continue...

HuffPost is now part of the Oath family. We (Oath) and our partners need your consent to access your device, set cookies, and use your data, including your location, to understand your interests, provide relevant ads and measure their effectiveness. Oath will also provide relevant ads to you on our partners' products. Learn More

No thanks...

+13 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:19 AM
link   

LOL,you liberals,notice whom you quote,"Huffington Post" who make you take an oath before logging in,get a hobby or a girlfriend,this crap is getting old,deny ignorance

+12 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   

So a temporary spending bill to keep the government funded is proof no wall funding will ever come?

Wow, it must be amazing to live in your world.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Meh, trump supporters will never admit to being duped by this two bit con-man president. There was never going to be a wall. Y'all just get so worked up by that old dog whistle, Spanky will grift your last dollar for his 2020 re-election campaign fund if he promises you he needs a second term to build it. Fools.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Oldtimer2

LOL,you liberals,

Yes yes, us liberals. We aren't the onces fixated on the wall.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Vector99

So a temporary spending bill to keep the government funded is proof no wall funding will ever come?

Question Vector, a serious one. Do you believe Trump's $11 billion dollar wall will be funded by 2020?

You answer this question, and I'll answer one from you.

Not bullsnip.

+10 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: crtrvt
Meh, trump supporters will never admit to being duped by this two bit con-man president. There was never going to be a wall. Y'all just get so worked up by that old dog whistle, Spanky will grift your last dollar for his 2020 re-election campaign fund if he promises you he needs a second term to build it. Fools.

How closed minded. I'm not a Trump supporter as such, I'm more of an observer and I see a guy who has strived to become President for decades. You call him a "two-bit conman", what does that say for the last few presidents?
9/11, Financial crash, Hope and change, Afghanistan, Iraq, Libya, Syria and the list goes on.

Why is the Donald so uber evil compared to the rest of them?

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   

originally posted by: Southern Guardian
a reply to: Oldtimer2

LOL,you liberals,

Yes yes, us liberals. We aren't the onces fixated on the wall.

You aren't a liberal, you're a leftist.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes

I'm not a Trump supporter as such,

Why don't you trust Trump enough to support him? Color me curious.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Vector99

Question Vector, a serious one. Do you believe Trump's $11 billion dollar wall will be funded by 2020?

I believe that if after the midterm elections it still remains a republican majority, then possibly yes, depending on the amount of seats retained/gained from the mid-terms. Yes I could see with enough (R) seats being gained, a quick support for wall funding coming, and a spending bill starting it passed.

You answer this question, and I'll answer one from you. Not bullsnip.

Why couldn't you man up on your last thread and say you made a bogus hit piece? The source you used retracted the story you used, but you went CNN and doubled down on the dumb. Why? Why couldn't you just admit you were wrong?

edit on 16-9-2018 by Vector99 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:06 AM
link   

America has been paying the price for decades.

And it eventually could be one of YOUR relatives who gets robbed, or worse, by an Illegal alien who came across the NON-WALLED sections of the US/Mexican border.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Pelosi says Trump Wall is a "complete indecency!".

www.breitbart.com...

She's really helping Republicans position for additional victories this Fall.

THANKS NANCY!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   

You aren't a liberal, you're a leftist.

I am a leftist, yes.

Was this an insult?

I'll wait for your answer to my question now.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   

I'm not a Trump supporter as such,

Why don't you trust Trump enough to support him? Color me curious.

Because I'm always skeptical of people who enter politics. Some of the things he says come across as a little hardline but until he does something really bad, I will give him the benefit of the doubt.

And of course, he was infinitely a better choice than Hillary.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Wide-Eyes because: Missed word

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:11 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

Whats funny about your posts is that you're not even denying the point of the OP, that he won't get funding for the wall and Mexico won't pay for it. Your responses are very clear to that effect.

edit on 16-9-2018 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Because I'm always skeptical of people who enter politics. Some of the things he says come across as a little hardline

You didn't answer the my question. Instead you skirted it.

Why don't you support him? If you refuse to answer, I'll understand.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:15 AM
link   

An ADDITIONAL $5 Billion is scheduled for wall construction after November. After so many years of Democrat neglect and callousness towards U.S. citizens, relatively few additional Americans will be murdered/robbed/raped by illegals, due to this minor delay.

REAL NEWS: www.washingtonexaminer.com...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   

I am a leftist, yes. 

Was this an insult? 

No. It was an observation which you've just confirmed.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

An ADDITIONAL $5 Billion is scheduled for wall construction after November.

No Care, it's not. If it was, you wouldn't have to resort to a partisan hack of a source like the Washington Examiner.

That wall won't be funded, and you won't care. This isn't your motivation for supporting him.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join