It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

White House could stage ‘public hearings into ALIENS' exposing TRUTH behind UFO project

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
a reply to: Alien Abduct

GROUNDBREAKING public hearings debating UFOs and aliens could soon be staged by the White House, it’s claimed.

Most relevant word in the sentence is staged.

Totally.

And Nick Pope is a giant idiot tool.

That is rather disrespectful. Nick Pope is a vetted ufologist, and was a professional one for the British Govt. at that. He is a smart guy and certainly does not deserve to be called stupid.

I concur and respect the guy but at the same time he went a bit outlandish for a while. Seems to be veering more towards the credible, still the pinch of salt is needed for past digressions...
edit on 16/9/18 by djz3ro because: Layout

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: ConfusedBrit
Or it's just garden fence gossip from the UK's (or ex-UK) intrepid Nick Pope.

"Could" is very malleable word after all.

Is Pope puffing himself up as the next Grant Cameron?

And... The Daily Star in the UK festers underneath even The Sun in the Fleet Street gutter pipe. Pope needs to aim far FAR higher.

I don't trust Nick Pope one bit. As soon as I see an article written or shared by him, I immediately roll my eyes. I don't know what his agenda is, but I'm damn sure it isn't in the interest of us and the UFO community.

The Daily Star as a source? That says it all.

I would love the UFO community to get more recognition higher up the food chain. I just wonder what sort of information we would get fed. Information or disinformation.
edit on Sun, 16 Sep 2018 03:23:57 -0500031892018000000k by rhynouk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:46 AM
link   

These things are always being talked about. It's been a while since the golden age of ufology was mentioned on ATS, but you'll remember the publicity from the 50s and 60s. Even in the 70s people were trying to get hearings and statements. We can't forget Greer either with his 2001 Disclosure Project or Leslie Kean et al years later.

If this one ever happens, I'll give it a quick watch whilst not expecting much more than the previous attempts. I'm very dubious about some of the statements being made about 'time travel jumps.' Seems hard to make the claim without knowing size of object, speed of object, distance from object...and if the 'object' is really an object at all. If they don't know all that, it seems a bit premature to invoke time travel tech.

Also WTF is with The Star?! Is that Font 48?! Biggest writing I've ever seen.

a reply to: rhynouk

He's a freelance journalist who's entirely associated with UFOs and his UK accent appeals to a certain audience. Faced with earning a living, it's no surprise he writes articles on aliens and accepts invites to do features in tabloid papers. He's also high on the list for talking heads on UFO TV shows.

No mystery, he's dropped on a way to make good money and be a big fish in a very small pool.

The guy's just making a living. A lot of people want him to go away and why would he? He's not going to change career to gain approval from the internet peanut gallery. He's making enough to live in the US and have a decent quality of life and that's gonna be his priority.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:01 AM
link   
Nvm
edit on 9/16/2018 by Alien Abduct because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:07 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv
Yes going to personal attacks isn't the way to go, it is known that Pope has Inflated his importance and role regarding UFO'S whilst employed by the mod.

There is a letter from the mod stating as such, he's a professional ufo personality, his dad on the other hand.....

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: djz3ro

originally posted by: charlyv

originally posted by: KansasGirl

originally posted by: scraedtosleep

GROUNDBREAKING public hearings debating UFOs and aliens could soon be staged by the White House, it’s claimed.

Most relevant word in the sentence is staged.

Totally.

And Nick Pope is a giant idiot tool.

That is rather disrespectful. Nick Pope is a vetted ufologist, and was a professional one for the British Govt. at that. He is a smart guy and certainly does not deserve to be called stupid.

I concur and respect the guy but at the same time he went a bit outlandish for a while. Seems to be veering more towards the credible, still the pinch of salt is needed for past digressions...

What past digressions?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:07 AM
link   

I've heard from quarters that some secret witness testimony had already taken place, including some of the RFI witnesses and fravor...not the white house but secret congressional hearings...

Could be wrong...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:11 AM
link   
I'm not sure if it's not too early. People opposing it are still there and probably many of them is infulential enough to discredit the whole project. What's the better way of doing it if not when in all the spotlight that those hearings will get?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:12 AM
link   
The 'Daily Star' is one of a number of trash tabloids in the UK. Not the most reliable of news sources.

It should also be pointed out that there was no "UFO Project" at the UK MoD and Nick Pope was never head of any such project. His job description at the MoD is a matter of record in MoD File DEFE 24-2000. He was a 'junior desk officer' involved dealing with queries from the public and media between 1991-1994. Which is somewhat different from the image he likes to now cultivate.

Nick is not a researcher and has been nearly 25 years since he was employed at the MoD in the above position. In fact there is evidence uncovered that he remained out of the loop as there was a 2nd desk investigating UFOs.

The first revelation contained in the new files shows that the MoD ran two desks dealing with UFO sightings between 1947 and 1997. Although one of these desks was known to the public, taking calls from citizens reporting possible UFO sightings, the second was classified and staffed by intelligence experts working to investigate possible extra-terrestrial threats.

Source

He is now what I would call a media entrepreneur and UFO commentator. There is a much smaller market for UFO mythology in the UK or Europe. So he left for America where people are more likely to believe he was Britain's 'Fox' Mulder. He makes his money now as a talking head and writing for tabloids.

That all said there 'could' be a congressional hearing on the threat posed by these anomalous sightings. The real motivation being money.

There are a whole group of people who have for years enjoyed grants and funding to study weird stuff and attempt to prove their beliefs in the supernatural are true(for over 40 years without success). All paid by the US taxpayer (and in some cases Robert Bigelow). It would appear that their government funding dried up at some point and Mr. Bigelow is now concentrating on his space enterprises. Maybe that's what AATIP was all about? Because once the funding is approved then the old boys geriatrics network will ensure tenders for contracts are written up to ensure the usual crowd get their funding. It's nice work if you can get it.

For example back in 2002 one of this gang was paid $25k for writing up a paper for the US DoD on teleportation

...in 2002, Las Vegas physicist Eric Davis was paid $25,000 by the U.S. Air Force Research Lab to discuss the scientific possibilities of teleportation...

"You really can't do it," he said by phone earlier this week. "Teleportation as we understand it does not involve dissembling or disintegrating chunks of matter and reassembling [them] in other locations."...

As for his own report, which runs 88 pages and is heavy on impressive-looking mathematical equations, he says... he had hoped his report would stir up some controversy in the government's secret research programs, but so far, no such luck...

What did the folks at Wright-Patterson think? "The study successfully compiled an extensive review of worldwide literature and discussed the current state of research," said Col. Michael Heil, director of the AFRL Propulsion Directorate, "but we were disappointed at the level of scientific rigor in the report's analysis."

In the end, the Air Force decided that "it is not appropriate to pursue further study or to mature the technology." But they'll keep their eyes open to be prepared to take advantage of "any advances with potential application to the Air Force."

Source

So I would surmise that this is less about UFOs and more about making a nice little earner to fund old men's obsessions. Now I just got to write up that report for the US Army as to why the Lightsaber is impractical on the modern battlefield

edit on 16/9/2018 by mirageman because: ...

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

For instance it says that some experts that have analyzed some footage filmed by the U.S. military are of the opinion that these crafts are extraterrestrial in origin and that they are using some sort of time travel jump in order to achieve the extreme maneuvers that the UFOs displayed.

experts in what?

as there are no experts in ET and their technology, none in time travel either.

stage stāj/Submit noun 1. a point, period, or step in a process or development. "there is no need at this stage to give explicit details" synonyms: phase, period, juncture, step, point, time, moment, instant, level "this stage of the development" What was your point?

their point was the word "staged" not stage.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Oh how I wish that will happen! It's not that much to ask really, is it? All we want is knowing what they know. I doubt they have a better answer/conclusion than the COMETA report did, but to say "it's real, it seems intelligent" would be quite huge already. Not?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

colinandrews.net...

Here is additional info about Pope. This involves his plugging of a PlayStation game just before the 2012 Olympics in England. He used his MOD background to state that Viewers of the Olympics should be on the look out for UFO

www.imdb.com...

-He also has a IMDB biography page.
-Was a paid actor ( as himself) in over 53 separate UFO themed TV show / documentaries ( curiously was still employed by MOD for some of them.)
- 5 books
- actor credit in the movie “the Stone”
- 2 writer credits for documentaries

Pope seems like a fairly reasonable personality compared to some other UFO characters. But don’t get it twisted. Nick Pope’s main source of income seems to be all things UFO. Unless he is independently wealthy, what Pope says about UFO should be taken with a skeptical eye.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Paddyofurniture because: Yup

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

LOL. I like your style MM, you're a diamond in the rough

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

There is no way in hell those are from planet earth bud.

You can't say that for sure. We have no idea what is locked away in Black Projects. And we are only seeing an object/craft, we've never seen WHO is inside or controlling it. And, we've never even had good clear footage of WHAT we are looking at...ever, either. There are a few steps we need to take before ET is the only solution.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: mirageman
The 'Daily Star' is one of a number of trash tabloids in the UK. Not the most reliable of news sources.

It should also be pointed out that there was no "UFO Project" at the UK MoD and Nick Pope was never head of any such project. His job description at the MoD is a matter of record in MoD File DEFE 24-2000. He was a 'junior desk officer' involved dealing with queries from the public and media between 1991-1994. Which is somewhat different from the image he likes to now cultivate.

And in the same tone, Bob Lazar's W2 and his phone number in the Los Alamo's phone book proves that he he never did UFO work.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Nick pope is the British Jaime Maussan.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:20 AM
link   
a reply to: Chronic_Blaze

Agreed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join