It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hunt for the Skinwalker Review

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:58 PM
link   
No spoiler alerts, because there is absolutely nothing to spoil. I just dropped 15 clams on this garbage. There is very little in this movie that you haven't heard a thousand times before if you are at all interested in this subject. The very few new things of any interest were covered in very little detail. There is much more time spent on showing the so-called filmmaker, Jeremy Corbell, acting inanely than on the evidence actually found by the scientific team. Why he felt the need to show himself scribbling on a chalk board multiple times is beyond me. Also, a hint Jeremy, buy some beard wax.

There's one piece of video that looks particularly interesting that they put on the screen for less than 10 seconds. Further, the filmmaking itself is horrendous. It wouldn't even be a good quality YT video. I almost had a seizure from the rapid fade outs of the b-roll montages that add nothing to the movie at all. For some reason he also decided to put each of his questions in print on screen as he asks them even though he was obviously mic'd up. Lastly, the main reason I decided to drop the money instead of waiting until it's cheaper was that in multiple interviews Corbell stated that the reason to buy it now is that there were two extra hours of interviews available to those who bought it. At least on Amazon Prime, this is not an option. I give two thumbs down and would suggest you wait until it's on a free streaming service.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:46 PM
link   
That's 2 for 2 bad reviews from respected folks here. ConfusedBrit had the same observations about the film.

It sounds pretty bad, and frustrating as hell. You gotta wonder, who is the intended audience?? Because if it's the UFO and paranormal crowd, it sounds like the film is just a big insult to its viewers.

Thanks for the review though- enjoyable read!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Dang it I was looking forward to the film.

Even George Knapp was talking the documentary up on mysterious universe.

Is is Bob Bigelow a charaloton then?
Any credence to anything?
a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

Same here. Luckily I was able to watch it for free so it didn't cost me anything but time.

I suppose for people who've never heard of or researched Skinwalker Ranch, it'll be good exposure for them with some good stories. However, for anyone in the know, it's a waste of time.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:58 AM
link   
I watched it last night and enjoyed it. Pretty much if you know much about SR then the movie is mostly a review for you. An enjoyable review though.

If you're a newbie like my wife, she was flummoxed and spellbound.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Athetos

George Knapp plays heavily in the film and much of the footage and interviews were his and were done years ago. I have nothing negative to say about him or Bigelow (who barely appears in the movie). It's just that its a rehash of all the stories you've probably already heard. I think some of the stuff is credible just unverifiable. My complaint is that the movie added nothing even though it could have.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Excellent I will be watching than I’ve always been a Knapp fan.
Thanks for the insight! Hopefully watch it tonight!

a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:13 AM
link   
I loved it!!

I was waiting for this to come out and wasn't disappointed.
I was left with more WTF but I expected that....thats why they call it the unexplained and thats what interests me.

Thumbs up from me!!

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Actually the reviews have been predominantly positive - as you can clearly see form the rating system on each PPV platform... which is notoriously slanted towards the negative, because people that love the film typically don't feel the need to gush over it as much as those who have a personal issue with each frame. So the film is ACTUALLY being very well received! And in contradiction to the fake news... you DO get about an hour and a half of bonus material when you purchase on iTunes or Vimeo (as I have stated clearly for a month in the press). And I think the bonus material has some of the great info... such as an extended interview with the new ranch owner and one with George Knapp putting into perspective something that people didn't know about the recent UFO study... so, it's badass. Anyway... be wise... decide for yourself rather than than worshiping a negative person and their unhelpful and uninsightful review. It's noise within the signal and those who appreciate the film seem to be getting a lot more out of it (and probably life). Enjoy!!! a reply to: KansasGirl

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Your support is appreciated! a reply to: DrumsRfun

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:34 PM
link   
You will love it a reply to: Athetos

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:35 PM
link   
You should watch the film and decide for yourself. It's available now on all PPV platforms and don't forget that if you get it on iTunes or Vimeo you get about an hour and a half of bonus material. Enjoy! a reply to: Athetos

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
You should not steal movies from independent film directors. Shame on you. You should now buy the movie and gift it so someone for admitting your theft on this platform. Appreciated. a reply to: scojak

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
That's the only time Bob Bigelow has every went on camera about Skinwalker Ranch... you are welcome for that. a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:45 PM
link   
a reply to: JeremyCorbell

You don't get it on Amazon.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 07:50 PM
link   
a reply to: JeremyCorbell

Why didn't you show the video of the two towers appearing for more than 10 seconds? When Colm mentioned they had materials from UFO landings sent for study why didn't you expand on that? The only non-interview piece that you put any time into was the mutilation of the calf. That was the best part of the film, IMHO.

Also, like anything else, of course I believe that everyone should make up their own minds. But honestly, after your podcast blitz (which I enjoyed more than the movie), there really wasn't anything left worth $15 bucks. Also, if you do additional interviews, please mention you don't get the extended interviews on Amazon.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Correct. That's why I have been telling people that if they want the bonus material, which is awesome, and includes an extended interview with the new owner, an extended interview with George Knapp about the structure of the pentagon programs and a whole bunch of details... that they can get the bonus features on iTunes or Vimeo. Hope you get to see them. Again, enjoy! a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Seriously... if you could jump in and interview these guys and satisfy all your questions, you should do it. I would support that. To answer your questions a bit...

1) TOWERS - I was never supposed to give you what I did of the twin tower apparition. You are welcome.

2) COLM - Everything NIDS wants to be public, was made public through their website. Just because EVERYTHING is not in my film does not mean the learning stops there. Happy hunting.

3) MUTE CLIP - Thanks for the compliment - however that's a strangely distinguished comment.

4) PODCASTS - Thank you for your opinion, we are all entitled to them... as yours is not anything special or unique... same as mine.

5) BONUS MATERIAL - I am always accurate with what I tell people about the extended interviews.

On a personal note, truly, thanks for watching. Maybe look at the big picture. Your purchase of the film has allowed for ALL of this to come out... from the film to the podcasts to the imitation of the larger conversation. So thanks for that. Much more coming in 2018 still! a reply to: TobyFlenderson

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Like I said in the other thread, buy a used copy of Kelleher's book.

You're welcome.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: JeremyCorbell
Seriously... if you could jump in and interview these guys and satisfy all your questions, you should do it. I would support that.

Really? So I can't critique your movie because I'm not a filmmaker, is that it?

1) TOWERS - I was never supposed to give you what I did of the twin tower apparition. You are welcome.

So you weren't supposed to show that video but you put it in the trailer and in the film? In fact it's in the film about as long as it was in the trailer. Somehow you broke your word to do this? I call BS.

2) COLM - Everything NIDS wants to be public, was made public through their website. Just because EVERYTHING is not in my film does not mean the learning stops there. Happy hunting.

My point here is that it is one of the most important things said in the movie and it just dies there, waiting to be expounded upon. You seem to completely eschew physical evidence in a way I find perplexing.

3) MUTE CLIP - Thanks for the compliment - however that's a strangely distinguished comment.

I'm not sure what you are implying by this. I found it interesting because it is actual physical evidence verified by the ranchers' statements. It's the only new thing in the movie that is explored in-depth at all. That is why I found it interesting.

5) BONUS MATERIAL - I am always accurate with what I tell people about the extended interviews.

I'm not of a mind to go back and listen to see if you were accurate. I will state that I listened to two of your interviews and I did not take from it that the extended footage was only available on the two named services. Obviously if I had I would've used one of those sites. Equally as obvious, it may have been my lack of comprehension.

In the big picture I was highly disappointed that there was nothing new. It's a topic that many on this site are deeply interested in and already have a knowledge base about. I know you'll point to the fact that the gov't was involved but really that information could be divulged in 30 second video. All of the stylistic choices I had issues with are only personal taste and certainly would've been far outweighed if the subject matter delivered anything new. If I waited to rent it for 6 bucks or waited till it was free to stream then perhaps I wouldn't have been so negative. My expectations were high and perhaps I set the bar too high. Lastly, I feel like I blew the money but at the same time at least some of it is going in the pocket of someone who is interested in investigating the subject matter in a way that I neither have the time, money, energy, nor inclination of doing. Best of luck with this project and in your future endeavors.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join