It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CurtainGate takes a new turn. . . .

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:34 PM
link   

So, Lieu wants Congress to investigate Nikki Haley and her deputy because the Obama Administration spent so much money on curtains.
Now, I expect this kind of stupid from the likes of David Hogg.
But Lieu is supposedly an attorney as well as a sitting member of the House of Representatives.
You just can’t fix this kind of stupid.
And when the Daily Caller kindly pointed out his error…

patriotretort.com...

Ted Lieu, Representative Ted Lieu wants an investigation of Nikki Haley because of spending issues done by the Obama administration.

Sound familiar?

Like Congress wanting to investigate Trump for collusion that Hillary conducted?

When it's pointed out that something was wrong and stupid, count on leftists to double-down on retard.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:37 PM
link   
I was just informed that the person making the purchases was allowed to do so, and no wrongdoing occured from a legislative perspective.

I am not upset, regulate and learn from mistakes.
edit on 15-9-2018 by Archivalist because: Meh duncare

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Archivalist
Well, in your opinion, how much should fireproof, bulletproof curtains cost?

I'd use stainless steel venetian blinds personally.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Archivalist

Shouldn't the glass be bulletproof??

Save a lot of money on curtains that way.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:51 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I was informed that they were not bulletproof. However, threats can be inside as easily as outside, so even with bulletproof windows, additional bulletproof curtains could find appropriate usage.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Its a fun circus to watch.....

.....i could care less if our top diplomat is able to recieve diplomatic guests in style. The opulance is a negotiating tactic, projecting power and financial success.

You want her windows covered with foil? Lol

That said....Lieu sounds like a booger eating level of moron.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would hire Joe Biden to stand by and pull the string when I told him too and make motor noises while he did it

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Well in "Lieu" of the fact that it was an Obama contract....

Looks like Lieu is attempting to plant red herrings.

Bet he has ties to the kickbacks.

Or his Wife was "involved" !!!!!

💥😃💥

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:37 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

Now we know, if that particular "booger-level" intellect (nicely phrased, by the bye...) ever claims to write a piece of legislation, we'll know it was probably his legislative assistant who did the actual thinking involved...or his five year old kid, assuming he's intelligent enough to know how to procreate...

...Actually, for someone with his obvious lack of intellectual prowess to procreate is, upon closer reexamination, a crime against humanity...and he should be brought before the world court in the Hague.

edit on 9/15/2018 by seagull because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:02 PM
link   
The government is going looney.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Well , it is California

Sounds like the folks there need someone in lieu of Lieu

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:38 PM
link   
This is that part of the problem when you lawfully, "take over". The "last guy, in this case (B. Obama)... Seeming, that he was into, "window covering". (I can totally buy that).
Now you,... Being the "new management".

YOU... Being a practical manager, and knowing it's "the companies" money?

You go down to 7/11and buy the "Employees" a $5.00 pair of sunglasses...

I don't see why, but I know why, B.O. "signed off", on window covering, that cost as much as an "annual income", for one of his "supporters/voters".

What the left seems to hate? Is we now have a "businessman" in "office".
He's lost money, he's borrowed money, he made money. He's had, "profit", "earnings" and "income".
I'm surprised the IRS isn't trying to bring down President, Donald Trump,..(their boss). But the FBI and Commies are?... If that doesn't make you want to load magazines?
You're either a Democrat, an idiot, a certified "educated" individual, or just helpless fool/serf.
And asking yourself, aren't magazines already loaded? America has a lot of unAmericans. That's kind of the reason for a "Constitution". To have something "to uphold and defend".
Without that? We'd have every idiot, with an old, "new Idea". Trying to make "laws".

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:19 PM
link   
How about we put it up to vote?

How many of my tax dollars are allowed to be spent on curtains for elected officials?

I'm going with zero. I pay rent, they pay rent. If I have to take money out of my salary to buy expensive curtains, that's money out of my pocket. Why should it be any different for them? We pay them salary. Why are we paying their bills too?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: an325nt

Yea. We should recieve foreign diplomats in whatever our diplomats can afford.

Lol

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Let's give him the investigation into this wrongdoing and find the evil culprit for him.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 06:00 PM
link   
If the point of discussion is to point out hypocrisy...the discussion is ridiculous.

Its making politics about political parties, and not right/wrong.

Southern Guardian...what would you recommend in this case? Put your manufactured, tongue in cheek outrage away for a minute.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:19 PM
link   

You and notsure1 have single-handedly dragged this website into the mud and destroyed with your incessant, obnoxious, insulting, political BS. You are an awful person. Just stop. Nobody cares about your absurdly uninformed and delusional political opinions, you obnoxious clown. What is the point of going on a conspiracy website just to prattle on about your uninformed and delusional politics, day after day after day? How about going to a political website to worship your incompetent orange overlord?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

So, Lieu wants Congress to investigate Nikki Haley and her deputy because the Obama Administration spent so much money on curtains.
Now, I expect this kind of stupid from the likes of David Hogg.
But Lieu is supposedly an attorney as well as a sitting member of the House of Representatives.
You just can’t fix this kind of stupid.
And when the Daily Caller kindly pointed out his error…

patriotretort.com...

Ted Lieu, Representative Ted Lieu wants an investigation of Nikki Haley because of spending issues done by the Obama administration.

Sound familiar?

Like Congress wanting to investigate Trump for collusion that Hillary conducted?

When it's pointed out that something was wrong and stupid, count on leftists to double-down on retard.

Yes.....Let's spend $250,000 investigating this. Sounds exactly like something Washington would do. If Samantha Powers wasn't so busy asking for American Citizens to be unmasked, maybe she could have fixed this problem.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maroboduus

You and notsure1 have single-handedly dragged this website into the mud and destroyed with your incessant, obnoxious, insulting, political BS. You are an awful person. Just stop. Nobody cares about your absurdly uninformed and delusional political opinions, you obnoxious clown. What is the point of going on a conspiracy website just to prattle on about your uninformed and delusional politics, day after day after day? How about going to a political website to worship your incompetent orange overlord?

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Shame DB, Shame. DBCowboy MADE that Congressman say that.

BAD DB...... BAD BOY!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join