It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Suicide and the consequences thereof

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver
a reply to: TinySickTears

And again you have demonstrated that you misunderstood the premise of this thread. Thanks. For nothing.

Suicide and its consequences?

So their opinion is invalid because you don't like it.

I wish I'd never started this thread. So misunderstood. Apologies.

No

you seem very upset because of 1 posters opinion.

If its misunderstood make it clear what is being misinterpreted.

Suicide is a very taboo subject, to many take it too personally.

If you do then you shouldn't be discussing it as it seems its just too controversial that other may have opinions that will upset you.

Thank you to all who participated in this thread, it's not an easy thing to talk about but that doesn't mean we shouldn't.

Calling one cold and assuming they have never "been there" simply because of their opinion on the subject gives the impression or it did that you do want to discuss but some opinions you don't want to hear even though they are very valid to the conversation.

But like I said its a subject that one tread lightly when discussing because of how personal it can be.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:18 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I am confused, perhaps you can clarify your post?

Did you post to drag up a difference in opinion that was settled by the Mods 2 pages ago or did you post just to let me know how wrong and sensitive I supposedly am?

Do you have anything of substance to add except your personal observation of my lack of good character? I would not have started this thread if I couldn't handle the discourse. It wasn't the opinion I didn't like, just to be clear although parts of it I did find personally objectionable. For that, my apologies but it's hard to discuss when a reply is little more than a 5 word sentence.
edit on 23/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: InhaleExhale
a reply to: LightSpeedDriver

You sound cold, selfish and heartless unless it concerns YOU. Just an observation.

Simply because they feel ones life and how one wishes to end it should be ones own choice?

I guess such freedom is scary to the majority.

I don't think it should be available at the local supermarket if that helps. Medically assisted euthanasia only. Because you are dying and/or your quality of life has become unbearable.
edit on 23/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Typo

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: LightSpeedDriver

originally posted by: InhaleExhale

You sound cold, selfish and heartless unless it concerns YOU. Just an observation.

Simply because they feel ones life and how one wishes to end it should be ones own choice?

I guess such freedom is scary to the majority.

I don't think it should be available at the local supermarket if that helps. Medically assisted euthanasia only. Because you are dying and/or your quality of life has become unbearable.

Neither do I.

However, I agree that one should have the choice but only so if they understand whats involved.

Quite a bit involved, many people involved with just 1 persons death and to finalize everything.

Euthanasia should be available to the terminally ill in this day and age but we are still stuck with dogma that can manipulate a majority into not seeing the humanity in allowing one to choose not to suffer.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: TNMockingbird

Thank you L S D for starting this thread.
I have a lot of thoughts but, they are jumbled at the moment as you know...this hits close to home.

I may digest it some and return. It DOES need to be discussed and the answers are not clear.

Thank you.
Words are sometimes not enough but I will say, I wish you well.

posted on Sep, 23 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
This song seems fitting. (I like a good song.)

I like a sad song too, it helps me realise I'm not the only person that has ever felt like this, at some time in my life.

Music is my constant. It keeps me going and enjoying life. Sad songs have their place.

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 08:15 AM
link   
a reply to: InhaleExhale

I think we can agree that euthanasia, assisted suicide or life termination would be understood by all applicants otherwise they wouldn't have applied for it. I watched the docu The Bridge that Kandinsky referenced and the people in the docu (or rather, their surviving family members) were mainly young but in a severe state of desperation. And possibly medication. There were no life-threatening diseases or afflictions.

The young guy who survived the jump and was rescued by a seal (not the military kind) was bi-polar. After he jumped he positioned his body to more safely absorb the blow. He didn't really want to go. He shattered 2 vertebrae. Or more. At least he survived. Kurt Cobain was bi-polar, Michael Jackson. Jimi Hendrix wrote a track called Manic Depression. Chris Cornell....the list goes on.

What I'm trying to say is that many if not all were just people feeling lost rather than truly wanting death. It's hard to know what to do too sometimes. It's hard to ask for help too. Nobody wants to be a burden.
edit on 26/9/18 by LightSpeedDriver because: Correction

posted on Sep, 26 2018 @ 09:13 AM
link   

The young guy who survived the jump and was rescued by a seal (not the military kind) was bi-polar. After he jumped he positioned his body to more safely absorb the blow. He didn't really want to go.

I was going to mention this earlier but would would seem very heartless as a poster mentioned a family member survived an attempted suicide.

This is a physiological point of view that if one survives and attempted suicide that deep in their psyche or unconscious mind they have a will to live and its an illness effecting their conscious mind that puts them in a state of depression that they think ending it is the only resolve.

If a human wants to end their life and is true to themselves about that both consciously and unconsciously then there are no attempts to be failed, it just gets done.

What I'm trying to say is that many if not all were just people feeling lost rather than truly wanting death.

This is issue with modern society and its ever increasing technological and pharmaceutical changes that leaves some of us behind and not in a good state.

Too many suffer from issues of identity, its society and the ones choices that put them where they are.

Yes, its hard to ask for help when one doesn't realize they require it until it they feel like they will be burdening and so keep on with the downhill path.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join