It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is going to be hitting us all up via text next week

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: DJW001
the president can appoint someone to handle that task if he chooses to. what you think the president reads any and all letters that are sent to him. I kind of don't think he does, if the answers I got from my letters (from a few presidents) is any indication, no one actually read much more than the first sentence or two. just enough to be able to take a halfway decent guess as to what form letter to send back.
but this is like twitter with a hostage audience, twitter on steriods.. for some reason, I think trump would want to keep this toy for himself..
imagine being woke up four o'clock in the morning by an emergency alert from our president and then tossing and turning the rest of the night wondering what Coffefe, or whatever it was means. or a rant about the NFL players.
unless he can show some self restraint on this one, the cellphone industries might have a problem. and, well, texting while driving might be a thing of the past... and you might find my cell floating down a creek or river! I got ticked off when the emergency alert woke me up about flooding in my area. I like my sleep, and once I'm awake, more than likely I am awake for quite awhile.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: Nyiah

originally posted by: vinifalou

originally posted by: Sillyolme
a reply to: TinySickTears

delete it without reading it.
Thats an opt out. He cant make you read it.

Really. This is a whole new level of triggered.

Maybe if a terrorist attack happens near you and you do not see the alert because you're a level 10 Trump hater, you'd change your mind.

If an attack happened anywhere near any Joe Q Public, they're going to hear about it before their phones buzz, FFS. Look at how fast ish travels via word-of-mouth thanks to Twatter and Fakebook already, word-of-mouth is always faster than official messages are.

Wanna get my attention in a jiffy? Sound the tornado sirens, that will get my attention immediately because it's localized and damn well could impact me real quickly. Anything else, especially via phone messages, is meh, I don't rely on my phone for jack s#. It's for calls, and when need be it, texting. That's IT.

That’s a lot of assumptions you made there, huh.

No one is saying the texts will replace the current emergency systems, man. It’s just another channel for people to get emergency messages. I’m trying to see what’s the problem on this but honestly all I can think is some people will get triggered on everything that has Trumps finger in it.

No matter if it’s good or bad for them.

This partisan sheesh will get you guys in trouble one day.

No man, you misunderstand completely.Drop the political bias crap and listen to logic.

No president needs to have the finger on the proverbial button to do this, not Obama, not Trump.

We have local emergency management to do that for a reason. If it works for localized weather, lock-downs, Amber Alerts, etc, then it'll work for localized everything else, too.

Anything more is government pork and a waste of money and resources.

Also, I just plain don't want nor need that s# going to my phone. TV, internet, radio and word-of-mouth are MORE than sufficient for passing on necessary info.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

Yea..

Maybe that's because the media was complaining about Trump not saving enough lives in natural disasters.

But some people will never be satisfied.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 12:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: Nyiah

Also, I just plain don't want nor need that s# going to my phone. TV, internet, radio and word-of-mouth are MORE than sufficient for passing on necessary info.

There's also an aspect to all of this that I think a lot of people are overlooking. A lack of centralization and set standards. ANSI became a thing out of necessity, digitally. SAE became a thing out of necessity in the Automotive industry.

The necessity was due to a variety of information strewn about without a central repository and best practices guidelines / usage guidelines. Without a central focus, people "lose their way" and invariably begin ignoring it all...the same applies here, if you've got notices coming from local, regional, federal, media....and the list goes on, instead of focusing on it, instinct becomes to ignore it...especially if some of the alerts are problematic or in error.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 02:20 PM
link   
FEMA has delayed the presidential emergency alert test until October 3rd.

mobile.twitter.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 03:45 PM
link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

Well, I personally hope to get a PM, and that way, at a very minimum, I have an address to message back to, whenever I have something to say from my direction about this world that we all live in hahahaha

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If it's only used for the purposes intended, not sure how it would be a big deal either way. If there were a national emergency or a terrorist attack or something of that scale, not sure how that's a bad thing for anyone to be aware. Of course, it needs to be managed and tested right. Or you end up with another Hawaii nuke missile launch scenario.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Hopefully they rarely if ever have to use it. Although it would be quite entertaining if Trump would flame the liberals a cpl times before it gets put away for in case of emergencies.

That's not how the globalists work. They are very smart. They plan ahead.

This has already been predicted by them. Even if Trump doesn't use it, the next guy in office will. They always set up these systems for FUTURE USE by FUTURE PUPPET PRESIDENTS.

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 05:56 AM
link   
a reply to: dawnstar

the president can appoint someone to handle that task if he chooses to.

The question is: who is authorized to stop a president from using it unnecessarily? Remember the panic in Hawaii? What if a president chooses to create a crisis for political reasons?
edit on 18-9-2018 by DJW001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 18 2018 @ 07:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: DJW001
a reply to: dawnstar

the president can appoint someone to handle that task if he chooses to.

The question is: who is authorized to stop a president from using it unnecessarily? Remember the panic in Hawaii? What if a president chooses to create a crisis for political reasons?

My true belief (and hope for the citizens of our nation) is that they would know the difference between BS and a real crisis. Given everything that's happened with this administration, I doubt highly anyone is going to be trusting anything that comes out of the White House for quite some time to come...even less so than in years gone by.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:12 AM
link   

FYI REMINDER

The Presidential Alert is this coming Wednesday, October 3rd.
Starts at 2:18pm Eastern, and will be 30 minutes in duration.
Source: twitter.com...

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:15 AM
link   
I just came by for the hysterics.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:38 AM
link   
Just the fact the Prez WANTS to address all of America instantly is a good thing, verses the previous ones who would just assume let us all go to hell.

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: FlyingFox
Just the fact the Prez WANTS to address all of America instantly is a good thing, verses the previous ones who would just assume let us all go to hell.

Since the broadcast will last for 30 minutes, President Trump will have time to test a variety of media transmissions. Maybe some pictures and a short video, in addition to the usual "This is a test of the....".

Wouldn't a collage of the funny CNN and Hillary videos be awesome?

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

no

posted on Oct, 1 2018 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I didn't get any texts from Trump. Still waiting.

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 05:35 PM
link   
Bumping this again, so folks who work nights and are usually asleep during this scheduled baloney tomorrow (Wednesday afternoon) have ample warning to shut their phones off in the morning (assuming they don't use the built-in alarm function to wake up) & not be rudely awoken unnecessarily. Remind your co-workers, too, graveyard/3rd shifters!

edit on 10/2/2018 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 2 2018 @ 06:11 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963

I don't get any amber alerts or alerts in general on my phone. So not everyone gets them.

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join