It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump is going to be hitting us all up via text next week

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   
www.huffingtonpost.com...

The Federal Emergency Management Agency is testing a new “presidential alert” system nationwide for the first time next week that will make it possible for Donald Trump to directly message nearly everyone in the nation who has a cell phone.

Officials insisted that the system cannot be used for political purposes.

No one with a cell phone can opt out of presidential alerts

n the test next week, everyone will receive a message that will look like a text and will be headed “Presidential Alert,” FEMA said.

bummer we cant opt out.

The 2015 law authorizing the WEA system allows warnings to be sent only in times of a “natural disaster, act of terrorism, or other man-made disaster or threat to public safety,” NBC News noted.

so calm down people. im not bashing trump. not saying anything negative about it. not clowning so no need to defend.

just posting it cause it is current new and it is going down next week.

still think it is a bummer we cant opt out. dont care who is president. i dont like any alerts on my phone except from my people.

i dont like getting amber alerts at 1am

of course this FEMA alert is not a bad thing. it is good for people to be informed.

i just would rather not have the alert.

why do you think it was 3 years before they tested this though?

said it was passed in 2015

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:03 PM
link   
Hopefully they rarely if ever have to use it. Although it would be quite entertaining if Trump would flame the liberals a cpl times before it gets put away for in case of emergencies.

link   
a reply to: TinySickTears

delete it without reading it.
Thats an opt out. He cant make you read it.

link   
Oh noes. The coast to coast triggering events are going to be the stuff of science fiction! Even worse than the theories about what would happen if EVERYone flushed all of their toilets at the exact same moment.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: Saiker
Hopefully they rarely if ever have to use it. Although it would be quite entertaining if Trump would flame the liberals a cpl times before it gets put away for in case of emergencies.

of course it would.
a president who trolls like a 16 year old 4chan user is like the best thing ever

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:07 PM
link   

why do you think it was 3 years before they tested this though?

compatability , integration , reliability , testing

if you are going to hae a national system that sends a disaster alert " from the office of the president "

to everyone with a cellular device - it has to send the message legiably to ANY devvice - and ALL carriers

3 years from authorisation to implimentation - is reasonable

ETA - to simplyfy the abovve

it is useless if the system wont display the message on a samsung handset , or ignores all bell customers in texas

edit on 15-9-2018 by ignorant_ape because: (no reason given)

link   

Ummmmm this has been going on since 2012. If you would have read the link that the Huffingpaint post got you so worked up over because of TRUMP, you would have seen how this is a non story and nothing new.

Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)

The Wireless Emergency Alerts system is an essential part of America's emergency preparedness. Since its launch in 2012, the WEA system been used more than 33,000 times to warn the public about dangerous weather, missing children, and other critical situations – all through alerts on cell phones.

link   

OMG I swear if this happens I will be super pissed. My phone is reserved for making money and Netflix/OU updates. Nothing else damnit!

link   
Thanks for letting me know, I recently disabled alerts on my phone due to TWO silver alerts at 2 - 3 a.m. in one week. I'm sorry I don't know where the missing elderly man is when I'm asleep in bed 100 miles away...

I noticed then that the Presidential alerts couldn't be disabled, not a big deal so long as they are reserved for nuclear attacks or some such thing.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   

With the way that liberal democrats are acting now, we just might need Trump to make special "alerts" on everyone's phones, to warn the good folks the subversive and violence they are planning. The MSM would be against that, which is why Trump could end up doing this for us good folks who aren't SJW's.

Thanks for this brilliant idea that will help conservative decent citizens stay out of harms way! We will forward this to the White House for implementation.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Whats like the best thing ever is grown people wailing on national tv because Trump gonna put them to work. No more couch time its time to work like everyone else buying groceries for them.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: TinySickTears

of course it would.
a president who trolls like a 16 year old 4chan user is like the best thing ever

Hey hey hey. Don't say something so insulting. There are some very intellectual 16 year olds trolling on 4chan. They don't deserve to be compared to covfefe levels of communication.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape

makes sense

thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

You can opt out of presidential alerts. They are already a thing and not new to trump and I have my presidential alerts turned off.. Fake news

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Perfect time for a false flag event !!!

😃

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Ummmmm this has been going on since 2012. If you would have read the link that the Huffingpaint post got you so worked up over because of TRUMP, you would have seen how this is a non story and nothing new.

Wireless Emergency Alerts (WEA)

The Wireless Emergency Alerts system is an essential part of America's emergency preparedness. Since its launch in 2012, the WEA system been used more than 33,000 times to warn the public about dangerous weather, missing children, and other critical situations – all through alerts on cell phones.

calm down calm down

i am not worked up. i didnt bash trump so you dont need to defend.
i was just letting people know.

and it is not the same thing. it has been used 33k times but i have never received an alert from the president.
not i will and i cant opt out.

thats it.

just posting a thread about a current event in the current events forum.

you dont need to rush to defend everything cause there is nothing to defend.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   
If only it would be this...

“If you can’t accept it by now, do the country a favor: grow up and deal with it. MAGA. - DT”

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:21 PM
link   

My hairs are standing up.

Why now? Why now after 3 years in the works?

Looks like we'll know about the next false flag attack straight from the snake's mouth. And what if it's sooner than later?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron

My hairs are standing up.

Why now? Why now after 3 years in the works?

Looks like we'll know about the next false flag attack straight from the snake's mouth. And what if it's sooner than later?

well what ape said makes all kinds of sense so i am going to go with that

i am quite amused at the defense of nothing.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: Kharron

You guys are insane, it is not a direct message from trump, it is just called presidential alerts due to it being national emergency level events. They are already a thing and can be turned off.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join