It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
I am an avid diver, have been for probably almost 15 years now I hold certs in Open water, Rescue Diving, and Cold Water diving, every time you go down, you give the "ok" signal to let people know all is good, and youre going down.

ARE YOU EFFING KIDDING ME?!!!!!

Is this what we have come to?

Really America, this man had to be removed from HELPING PEOPLE, because he gave a signal that was probably even muscle memory to him?

Even if it wasnt, what the hell difference does it make?

This country, is headed to a place where the left are PUSHING people to the point of breaking. This is an absolute travesty, and complete BS....

The U.S. Coast Guard says it “removed” a member from its Hurricane Florence response team Friday after he made an “OK” hand gesture on live TV that the service branch deemed “offensive.” The unidentified team member was caught looking into the camera and then swiftly making the hand gesture, prompting a backlash on social media. The hand signal was seen in the background of MSNBC’s live interview with Sector Charleston Commanding Officer Capt. John Reed, who was providing an update on actions taken by the Coast Guard in response to Hurricane Florence.

Link

from the Coast Guard:

We are aware of the offensive video on twitter - the Coast Guard has identified the member and removed him from the response. His actions do not reflect those of the United States Coast Guard.

I cant even......
edit on 15-9-2018 by Whatthedoctorordered because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Hate to say it and agree with your perspective, but someone beat you to it.

ATS Topic

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

Hate to say it and agree with your perspective, but someone beat you to it.

ATS Topic

No worries glad someone got it, MODS COME AT ME BRO!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Everything is not A OK with the Coast Guard head honchos. Seems they have been infiltrated by SJW's.

Whoever is responsible for this firing needs to be the one outed and let go for being a Leftist Loon.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:17 PM
link   
WTF! Who says this sign is supposed to be other than what it is? It's OK, but what's the other rubbish.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Please contribute additional comments to previously existing thread located here.

Thank you ;o)

Thread closed.

top topics

join