It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Both the left and right have gone retard on may issues but this is one issue where the left has gone full retard. Never go full retard.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
a reply to: Gothmog

It isn't about worship. It is about man becoming a god. This is the essence of Luciferianism. And if you remember the biblical scriptures, he/she/it lucifer wanted to be like the most high. So Buddhism is a practice they use to reach "the god within" or rather "the light within" which is enlightenment of Lucifer the light bearer. It makes you think you are one with this "light within you" (Which was implanted in the garden of eden btw, but that is a whole other story.) and make you believe you are a god yourself.

The symbol of the "ok" is not just a symbol, it is actually many things, but one thing it is not is a sign of "racism". The mudra helps connect with the serpent energy, aka Kundalini the Serpent Awakening Within . This is well known amongst the yogis.

There are different types of mudras.

But the most well known is the 666 "ok" mudra.

What do you think "Enlightenment" is about? But again,it has nothing to do with racism, and certain people are downplaying what this symbol truly means.

Mainstream media is lying about this.

edit on th2018000000Saturdayth000000Sat, 15 Sep 2018 17:57:31 -0500fAmerica/ChicagoSat, 15 Sep 2018 17:57:31 -0500 by SoulSurfer because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is one of them times, as have many government organizations... In this case? The US. Coast Guard, they that swore to "up hold and defend". Gave ground to unAmerican, childish brains.

The real fight hasn't even started yet and the CG retreats because of an OK gesture. Awesome.

This is sickening! Next thing you know? None of us will be "native American". We'll all be White, Black, Hispanic or other. Oh wait!!??!

The Coast Guard just lost some Hoorah points. I feel sad for the Coasty that fell victim to this national self cutting, insanity.

The same people that don't understand the OK sign, are the same ones that want our guns.

We're heading for some hard times.

edit on 15-9-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-9-2018 by murphy22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:05 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

I'm a fairly liberal guy and even I know the backlash over the "OK" hand sign is idiocy.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:23 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Technically, it means what you make it mean.

To me? It means things are, well, OK. Any other meaning is just interpretation. Not fact.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:13 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

Which is why I stated the following:

The symbol of the "ok" is not just a symbol, it is actually many things, but one thing it is not is a sign of "racism".

However, the meanings of those within the occult is as mentioned within my posts. Obviously for normal Americans, all it means is simply ""I am fine" or "I am well". But how long has it been used in american cultures compared to ancient cultures of the past? Should we look at the "new interpretation" or the historical one?

It would be unwise to ignore where the word, symbol originates from. Because it has dark origins which goes back as far as a thousand years. But historically through out history and through different cultures it has a whole other meaning. But I am more interested in how the occult uses it, it's ancient historical origin and why it was introduced into the American culture.

The last 100 years of mainstream culture is meaningless.

But the main point out in my posts, is that it has nothing to do with racism. Just because a few people adopted the symbol, does not mean it is "racist". But the same can be said to it also meaning only "I am fine or well". How do we find out the facts? By going back in time to it's original meaning and origins.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:46 PM
link   
a reply to: SoulSurfer

Yes , I knew.
I have researched many religions in my life.
But , you went into much greater detail than I did
Thanks

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Getting stupid beyond imagination.

At 5:14

edit on 15-9-2018 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Realtruth
Getting stupid beyond imagination.

At 5:14

apparently now that guy is a racist

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:22 PM
link   
a reply to: Grambler

I understand your point of view on this, however perhaps we should consider that any symbol which has any ties to something as vile as racism will begin to be viewed as unacceptable. Whether or not this hand gesture was created as a hoax or not is irrelevant. It has now been accepted as a racist symbol, and therefore people choosing to use it will be held in contempt for the implied interpretation.

It is a symptom of the divisive politics of the time. And in this day and age something as redundant as race should play no role in equality of all people of the earth. It is antiquated and ridiculous.

We need to move forward.

-ThoughtIsMadness

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThoughtIsMadness
a reply to: Grambler

I understand your point of view on this, however perhaps we should consider that any symbol which has any ties to something as vile as racism will begin to be viewed as unacceptable. Whether or not this hand gesture was created as a hoax or not is irrelevant. It has now been accepted as a racist symbol, and therefore people choosing to use it will be held in contempt for the implied interpretation.

It is a symptom of the divisive politics of the time. And in this day and age something as redundant as race should play no role in equality of all people of the earth. It is antiquated and ridiculous.

We need to move forward.

-ThoughtIsMadness

No, it has not been accepted as racist.

The only people who accept it as racist are imbeciles, while the rest of the majority of the world see it for exactly what it is.

Lets not forget its also a hand gesture in sign language across the world, for "ok" literally apart of the ASL curriculum.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Whatthedoctorordered

Ahh yes , great , so youre saying that because 'some " idiots made it "racial" or .....well something because even that is very very flimsy.

Some idiots "made it racial" ? No, the people who kicked the # off were alt-right. It got picked up by other people because they're gullible sheep.

That the left is so stupid, they now think the "ok" sign is racist, despite, at least a 100 years of it not being racist?

Big yawn. How about swastikas? Been around for thousands of years. One of the oldest symbols known to man and appearing all of the world. You gonna give this same weak argument in that case?

Or wait, how about rainbows? You gonna pretend that the rainbow flag has no association to the LGBT community?

For the rest of us with any common sense, were going to continue to use it, and not see it as racism. Why?

It's about the context in which it's used. CLEARLY. Are you incapable of appreciating nuance?

Because were not brain dead.

Could have fooled me.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: KansasGirl

Well that kind of explains why he was doing it covertly, like he was trying to hide it. He knew it wasn’t allowed.

Exactly!

His improper military bearing- ON TV!- is what this guy got in trouble for (and should have gotten in trouble). It's hilarious to see people going at each other for ten pages, arguing about the sign and if it's offensive and now the military is infiltrated by SJWs, and it's NONE of that.

The guy broke his military bearing on TV, that's a big deal, and it's bad. His superiors done care what sign he made- it's that he made one at all.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

The real problem seems to be that you don't have the stones to acknowledge that a common hand gesture was co-opted by the alt-right and that currently, in a political context, people are flashing it to show an affiliation.

Oh look! Here's Trump signalling his support of rainbows. Or is it colors? Stripes? Maybe Lucky Charms? Leprechauns? Pots of gold? I just can't figure it out! What could this rainbow flag be!?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:34 AM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Some snowflakes are offended by the KNOTS tied by the United States Coast Guard and Navy. Some look like anti-LGBTQ racist gang symbols, when viewed at certain angles and lighting conditions.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 12:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: theantediluvian

The real problem seems to be that you don't have the stones to acknowledge that a common hand gesture was co-opted by the alt-right and that currently, in a political context, people are flashing it to show an affiliation.

That is so sad that we as a society willingly hand over so much punch power over our lives to hate groups.

They start giving the "ok" sign to each other and now the rest of the world cant use it any more? How week does that make us that we bend to their musings?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: trollz
trick liberals into making fools of themselves.

It's not a very long trip.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:20 AM
link   
It looks like the liberals thought this because of some trolls on 4chan who pretended like it was being used as a hand-signal by white supremacists. This just shows how important it is to flag false information on platforms like Facebook.

Everyone can get tricked, Republicans are tricked by Trump every day. Even so, people have to be careful what they post on the internet these days... less freedom of speech.
edit on 16amSun, 16 Sep 2018 03:22:43 -0500kbamkAmerica/Chicago by darkbake because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:49 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 03:57 AM
link   
a reply to: theantediluvian

There is no Nuance, its a hand Gesture for "ok" full stop.

The rest of your post is just wordy drivel.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join