It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Coast Guard member 'removed' after making 'offensive' OK sign on live TV

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
a reply to: introvert

Yep, the end times are a comin’. Mwahahahahaha!

You hush up and write your sternly-worded email to their superior officer.

Be sure to use SJW terms and trigger words, as to ensure full effect is implemented.

link   
People don't seem to understand that the 'White Power" sign is one hand making a W and the other doing that symbol, or the K, it was predominant, especially in California neo-nazi and white-identitarian/supremacist groups...

this is the same as calling everyone a "Nazi" "fascist" or calling everyone a "commie" "leftists" "Soros shill" or anything else used as a pejorative, theses are specific ideologies that people follow, if everyone is, everyone would be, and not everyone is... if that makes any sense, the more overused it is the more people can point out how they are not "x" and the overreaction causes a general support from others.

but to be honest, this is exactly what their intentions are, nothing new, create hype around something and then use it as a sympathetic moment, and these people fall into the trap everytime

link   
Besides being completely ridiculous, it certainly looks like the guy is just incidentally running his hand over his ear/through his hair. It doesn't even look like a conscious gesture.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   

a reply to: Lumenari

You’ll just have to shoot us, I guess.

But why?

Anonymous 4Chan posters who ridicule you now seem to be making your social agenda.

I want this to go on for awhile!

Besides, it is normally the left that shoots someone over an ideological difference.

+3 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:42 PM
link   
a reply to: OccamsRazor04

Yep definitely offensive and racist.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lumenari

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04
Liberals, is this the America you envision? One where a hoax turns people who want to be victims and sjw into vigilantes ruining the lives of normal people and disparaging their character?

PC culture is out of control, where does it end?

www.foxnews.com...

Yes, it is the America we envision.

It is not only a part of our extreme PC culture, it is our entire plot to take over the world and make no mistake about it, we are out of control. We will bombard hand gesture-making people with very critical and rude comments on social media. We will say not nice things about you and we may even write a stern email to their superiors about the need for those hand-moving miscreants to learn what it means to act professional, especially when they are representing the US government/military on live television.

It is our nefarious plot, make no mistake about it.

Be scared...

Quoted for a refreshing display of honesty.

I suppose I am not surprised.

It takes someone quite "special" to believe I was being serious.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:44 PM
link   

a reply to: introvert

Yep, the end times are a comin’. Mwahahahahaha!

You hush up and write your sternly-worded email to their superior officer.

Be sure to use SJW terms and trigger words, as to ensure full effect is implemented.

Gettin’ right on it!

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: The GUT
I hold the Coast Guard command more idiotically responsible than the crazed virtue-signalling SJWs. Shame on them for playing along with this to the detriment of one of their own cadre.

I agree with that, this is an embarrassment to see the Coast Guard command giving and contributing to this nonsense.

+8 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:47 PM
link   
WTF is offensive about the OK sign? I really dont even know why they are claiming its offensive.

God this is retarded. JUST #WALKAWAY.

(post by Muninn removed for a manners violation)
+1 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Holy s*** you guys, Hillary is a white supremacist!

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1
WTF is offensive about the OK sign? I really dont even know why they are claiming its offensive.

God this is retarded. JUST #WALKAWAY.

Trump does it.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:51 PM
link   
What you claim was an ''ok'' sign may have been the same ''hand signal'' reportedly presented by Zina Bash while sitting behind Brent Kavanaugh and caught on video last week. This gesture apparently has become known as being a symbol of recognition and ''white power'' among some.
From your link

Many social media users called for the firing of the individual, accusing him of making a so-called “white power” hate symbol.

The incident is under investigation by the Coast Guard at this time (also by your link). The service member has not been charged with anything, just removed from that duty.

The Coast Guard is not a bunch of SJWs nor do I think a proponent of PC culture, but rather a proponent of proper Coast Guard eticate in the public eye. I think the CG acted properly.

And remember that kid behind Trump a couple of days ago? The one who was making questioning faces while Trump was talking. He was removed from that place in front of the camera by guess who. A woman who appeared to have the very same face as Gina Bash.

So if it is ok for Trump's handlers to remove someone from in front of the public cameras can we condemn the Coast Guard for similar actions?

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: notsure1

4chan spread a meme that it meant "white power" and a bunch of idiots believed it. What you're seeing is stupid sjws being trolled. Anyone angry about people using the OK sign is literally being trolled by a 4chan meme.

Even the ADL themselves wrote a thing about how it's just a big hoax by 4chan to trick liberals into making fools of themselves.
ADL source
edit on 9/15/2018 by trollz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   
What absolute idiocy this has turned into when a random gesture is deemed offensive. Good lord, the pc culture left has become such a bunch whiners and babies that it hurts their own cause. The ok hand gesture has been around forever. As a scuba diver, I have to say God forbid anyone hangs around any scuba divers where is the sign ok is used to demand an answer from another diver that s/he is ok. This level of sensitivity for any possible offensive remark or hand signal has gotten way out of control.
edit on 15/9/2018 by xtradimensions because: Typo

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:57 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

Liberals, is this the America you envision? One where a hoax turns people who want to be victims and sjw into vigilantes ruining the lives of normal people and disparaging their character?

www.foxnews.com...

It is not only a part of our extreme PC culture, it is our entire plot to take over the world and make no mistake about it, we are out of control. We will bombard hand gesture-making people with very critical and rude comments on social media. We will say not nice things about you and we may even write a stern email to their superiors about the need for those hand-moving miscreants to learn what it means to act professional, especially when they are representing the US government/military on live television.

Be scared...

NOBODY takes you seriously, NOBODY.

Excellent!

That means that I do not have to live up to any of your standards. I can keep pushing my evil Leftist agenda towards it's nefarious, yet delicious, final conclusion.

Whatever you do, do not use the ok signal.

We will be watching, waiting to post a pic of it on social media. Our Facebook friends will share it, and your life will be ruined by the power of Zuckerburg...and Greyskull.

edit on 15-9-2018 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Wow!

This is a stumper cause wtf was he doing this for? At first glance he was adjusting himself but are we supposed to believe he knew he was on camera and took the opportunity to throw signs. Honestly it looks similar to when a person casually uses the face to throw up the middle finger. I just do not see how anyone could come to a conclusion as to his intentions except by interrogation and admittance. Is this really where we want to be when jesus comes back?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

Thank you for that information. If this is true, which I think may be the case, it is sad that right wing trollers prey upon others by inciting their sense of concern about white racism. Again, I value that info you offered.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

www.foxnews.com...

Be scared...

NOBODY takes you seriously, NOBODY.

Excellent!

That means that I do not have to live up to any of your standards. I can keep pushing my evil Leftist agenda towards it's nefarious, yet delicious, final conclusion.

Whatever you do, do not use the ok signal.

We will be watching, waiting to post a pic of it on social media. Our Facebook fiends will share it, and your life wil; be ruined by the power of Zuckerburg...and Greyskull.

Using the ok symbol excuse does not add up in the situation. Since when does one have to covertly use the ok signal. They do not. If it were the case he was wanting to put forth a sign of things being ok then he would have just looked at the camera and do the gesture like a normal person.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:01 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Excellent point. To add to that, the same hand signal is used to call someone an asshole.

He could have used the opportunity to make a gesture indicating the man on camera was an asshole.

Or it could be proof that he is a member of the illuminati pedo club that "Q" folks talk about.

Apparently those folks also have special handshakes and signals.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join