It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does God want

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 09:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

all I have to do is ask the opposite question to you
Esoteric dribble

Way to much sci fi in your DVD collection
Doesn't " your" god expect nothing

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
a reply to: Raggedyman
Why do you keep banging on about star wars and science fiction?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:10 AM
link   
Double post.
edit on 16-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Why are you banging on about presents and presence
We disagree, get over it

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

Because God is Presence....and the thread is about God.

So why are you mentioning star wars and science fiction?

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
There are different layers of being for god.god that doesnt want or forgets itself is the creator of all the others layers. in each layer god wants to remember itself and its beauty and goodness. and whenever it fails, it commints suicide in that layer moves to another layer or returns to forgetfulness each time. the logos is a thin line between the vacuum and all the layers.it can see from one end to other at times.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: Raggedyman

We disagree, get over it

Well you might say that you disagree..............but considering that I have never said anything about 'presents' - it seems that you did not even read what I said..............so you must be disagreeing with your own interpretation/misreadings.

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 01:19 PM
link   
basically you are the dumbest thing in the universe until you meet God. You're like a person walking around with their eyes shut & do not know you have eyes yet. You are angry that everything is not perfect in your dream world & you blame God for that. But God is in the awake world right beside you & is watching you stumble around. God has always been right beside you waiting for you to wake up. God said to one woman, "Stop thinking so much. So that there will be room in your mind for me to talk to you."

That is all it takes to start waking up to God. Become observant of your own inner self because God is with you & will communicate with you. God will pick you up like a bug sometimes as well. I find myself to be the size of a caterpillar on God's Hand sometimes. God is bigger than the universe & yet becomes tiny in order to be with you & walk through this world with you. It's all science. God demonstrated His science to me. It's all real. It's not some religious jargon etc. God is waiting for you to wake up to His Presence.

He is not anything you have been taught to expect. The peanut size brains of mankind cannot handle the truth yet. Can you ??? Seek God or remain forever in the tiny dark box that mankind lives in

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

A special place created?
Interesting
but
"Most books fall into one particular category of literature or another. An instruction booklet for making something uses technical language. A novel will use some kind of fictional narrative language. A book of poetry may use rhymed or non-rhymed verse; and a book of history uses factual narrative writing. The type of book almost always determines the kind of literature used. The Bible is bound as one large book, but it is really made up of many different books written using many different kinds of literature. This makes the Bible both challenging and exciting to read."
bibleresources.americanbible.org...

See the bible is made up of many styles including but not limited to history, poetry, biography, myth, parables, metaphors and hyperbole etcetera etcetera etcetera

So while yes you may want to assume that hell is a created place, I will assume hell is being away from the presence of God, a non literal place of torture where there is no love, compassion, relationship or forgiveness. A time of non eternal punishment away from the creator. A metaphor describing an emotional torment in a physical way as such, unpleasant unquestionable and very sad

Nice to see you back, look forward to some interesting and friendly conversation, dear Klass

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   

I was discussing a Judeo Christian opinion, yours isnt, what can I say

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: dfnj2015

God isn't something that wants anything.

Matthew 9:10-13

Later as he was dining* [Or “reclining at the table.”] in the house, look! many tax collectors and sinners came and began dining* with Jesus and his disciples. 11 But on seeing this, the Pharisees said to his disciples: “Why does your teacher eat with tax collectors and sinners?” 12 Hearing them, he said: “Healthy people do not need a physician, but those who are ill do. 13 Go, then, and learn what this means: ‘I want mercy, and not sacrifice.’ For I came to call, not righteous people, but sinners.”

Jesus was referring to Hosea 6:6 where his God and Father, Jehovah, says:

"For in loyal love* [Or “in mercy.”] I delight, not in sacrifice,

And in the knowledge of God, rather than in whole burnt offerings."

Jehovah Wants People to Gain Life—Do You?

IN THE Bible, Jehovah has given us laws that clearly tell us what he wants us to do.
And Jehovah’s Son, Jesus, gave this specific command to his followers: “Make disciples of people of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the holy spirit, teaching them to observe all the things I have commanded you. And look! I am with you all the days until the conclusion of the system of things.” (Matthew 28:19, 20) Everything that Jehovah and Jesus tell us to do is for our own good.

Source: How Do You Make Personal Decisions?

Regarding the earlier mentioned "knowledge of God":

How does it make you feel when others remember your name?— You are happy, aren’t you?— Jehovah wants people to know his name too. So we should use the name Jehovah when we talk about God. The Great Teacher used God’s name, Jehovah, when he spoke to people. One time Jesus said: “You must love Jehovah your God with your whole heart.”​—Mark 12:30.

Jesus knew that “Jehovah” is a very important name. So he taught his followers to use God’s name. He even taught them to speak about God’s name in their prayers. Jesus knew that God wants all people to know His name, Jehovah.

Source: God Has a Name; Learn From the Great Teacher

edit on 17-9-2018 by whereislogic because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:30 AM
link   
a reply to: whereislogic

I added you to my friend list, I want you to know because it doesnt show yet. maybe it fixes itself with the ignore button thing whatever it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:32 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 09:40 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 22 2018 @ 01:12 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

You don't know what God wants.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:41 AM
link   
This verse might sum it all up very accurate.

Romans 12:2 New International Version

2 Do not conform to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. Then you will be able to test and approve what God’s will is—his good, pleasing and perfect will.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 09:51 AM
link   
Dearest Wrongilings...

Do Not Tempt The Lord Your God. Ever!

Now... God wants you to sing. So sing a song.

posted on Sep, 24 2018 @ 07:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Umm, diversity and variety exist everywhere, not just on Earth.

Just look at he vast possibilities in galaxy types and the range of star sizes, colors and states. Look at the periodic table of elements and the processes of nucleosynthesis that make them, the multiple phases/states of matter and the billions of possible molecular configurations.

Every cause in science leads to a single effect. The universe should not have been birthed in singularity and expanded into variety. That is contrary to physics. The law of entropy should be reducing the universe to a single state of sameness and operates at all times, from the creation of the universe, to its heat death. Yet here we are in incredible variety, everywhere we can observe. The harder we look, the more variety we see.

Entropy is doing that, it takes time. Everything happening is increasing entropy.
It is a mystery why the universe started with low entropy but it doesn't mean any physics was violated. We don't know the physics of big bang high energy states and we don't know the physics that may exist beyond our universe.

posted on Sep, 28 2018 @ 05:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: joelr

Umm, diversity and variety exist everywhere, not just on Earth.

Just look at he vast possibilities in galaxy types and the range of star sizes, colors and states. Look at the periodic table of elements and the processes of nucleosynthesis that make them, the multiple phases/states of matter and the billions of possible molecular configurations.

Every cause in science leads to a single effect. The universe should not have been birthed in singularity and expanded into variety. That is contrary to physics. The law of entropy should be reducing the universe to a single state of sameness and operates at all times, from the creation of the universe, to its heat death. Yet here we are in incredible variety, everywhere we can observe. The harder we look, the more variety we see.

Entropy is doing that, it takes time. Everything happening is increasing entropy.
It is a mystery why the universe started with low entropy but it doesn't mean any physics was violated. We don't know the physics of big bang high energy states and we don't know the physics that may exist beyond our universe.

Entropy does not create variety.

It doesn't print new cards, it only shuffles the pack.

posted on Sep, 29 2018 @ 04:39 AM
link   

Entropy does not create variety.

It doesn't print new cards, it only shuffles the pack.

It does create diversity (I've seen it called multiplicity also) as long as there is an entropy increase overall:

This empirical study of the statistical entropy of physiological time series, and of numerical series generated with simple mathematical equations, shows that entropy increases with diversity and with order, rather than with uniformity and disorder. The statistical entropy of data points is a function of their diversity, and the entropy of patterns of data is a function of their order. Physiological data, more complex that mathematical models, had high diversity and intermediate levels of order; thus complexity was not related with either entropy or order. As entropy was measured with the equation that defines it in statistical mechanics and in communication theory, these observations indicate that the current interpretation of entropy as disorder and uniformity is a philosophical overlay that does not stem from the mathematical formulation. We offer an alternative formulation of entropy as a symmetry or equilibrium of opposites. In natural processes, complexity of organization is associated with greater internal production of thermodynamic entropy, suggesting that entropy production may serve as a driving force for evolution, biological function and health, not only for decay, illness and death. This is in contrast to Schrödinger-Prigogine's view of evolution as resulting from a reduction in the internal entropy of living systems.

(PDF) Entropy as diversity and order in living systems. Available from: www.researchgate.net... [accessed Sep 29 2018].

<< 1  2    4 >>

join