It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does God want

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Most people think God wants people to achieve salvation according to the Bible is our most important purpose with respect to God. I do not think this is the case. If God were interested in salvation, or having a factory for producing saved souls then things would be different.

It seems there is no amount of evil God will not tolerate in order to preserve our free-will. Based on my experiences, it seems to me God is completely indifferent about the sins of man.

And what difference does it make to an omnipotent God. God needs absolutely nothing from us. It's not like God is going to die if not enough souls make it into Heaven. After a few billion souls get into Heaven or Hell, what difference does it make if a billion more go either way? I don't think it matters.

So what DOES matter to God? I think the way the Universe exists is for God's entertainment. The Universe is a reality TV show for God. What God wants, in my opinion, is unimaginable possibilities. God wants culture and great works of art and theater.

If you look at the way quantum mechanics works, and how laws of nature always turn out to be much stranger than anything we could have ever imagined, it seems the Universe is organized and designed to create possibilities. Everything is energy cascading into rogue waves converging to points of creativity never thought of before or realized before in reality.

I think what God wants is possibility in reality. Anything that creates culture and interest is good. Anything that destroys culture and creativity is evil. At least that's the moral compass I am going to go with.

edit on 15-9-2018 by dfnj2015 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015
"And what does God desire? Godly offspring." Malachi ch2 v15

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Cash, lots of it

And blind obedience, devoid of any scientific rationale

edit on -180002018-09-15T09:26:15-05:000000001530201815092018Sat, 15 Sep 2018 09:26:15 -0500 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:33 AM
link   
putting satan to shame.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: DISRAELI

(Deuteronomy 10:12-14) “And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, [13] “and to keep the commandments of the LORD and His statutes which I command you today for your good? [14] “Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the LORD your God, also the earth with all that is in it.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:52 AM
link   

God isn't something that wants anything.
God realisation is the realisation that there is simply the seeing/hearing/knowing of what is presently appearing.

God is what is present always/eternally................there isn't anything separate to what is presenting itself.
Nothing exists outside of what is happening.

if there is a belief in 'you' and 'time' there maybe a belief that you can do something and you will feel shame and guilt and you will blame others for what they do.
But no one separately does anything.....all is done.

Is there anything to worry about when it is found that everything is simply happening as it is?
edit on 15-9-2018 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:59 AM
link   

I always look at it like this. What if God was one of us, a human. He or she would prolly be a niceish person who just doesn't want to go to hell because of all the religion messing with his head.

He prolly likes reality tv so much that he decided to become human and join the show him or her self erasing his own memory for realism.

So be good to each other because God could be anyone of us humans.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Whatever it is, he gets it. God help us all.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: dfnj2015
So what DOES matter to God?

You already answered your own question.

it seems the Universe is organized and designed to create possibilities.

Earth is the only known planet to harbor diversities and intelligent life in our Solar System. Surely you won't expect God to allow us to nuke this beautiful blue marble into another red desert lifeless Mars, would you?

Peace and Order need to maintain. Either by religion or by secular laws. Preferable through human own willingness and love.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: Zcustosmorum
Cash, lots of it

And blind obedience, devoid of any scientific rationale

God already owns every material thing. He made it all. You are confusing what God's followers want, with what God wants.

If God wanted blind obedience, why did God give us choices and the free will to choose them in the first place? Why would God give us forgiveness of our disobedience? It seems to me that God is more parentally stern than requiring blind obedience. God obviously wants us to make good, healthy and wise choices for ourselves.

.... and why would the few things that we assume we know about the nature of reality, a scientific rationale, matter to God? God knows the actual truth about all things. He doesn't need to test it to find out.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:06 AM
link   

God as in the absolute wouldn’t have wants, needs or desires.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Do what Jesus said.
The Ten Commandment's are merely point by point but they will all come naturally if we just do what Jesus told us to do.

To Quote Wicki (before the banking controlled interests if the EU block our ability to do so from Europe).
en.wikipedia.org...

"which is the great commandment in the law?", the Greek New Testament reports that Jesus answered, "Hear, O Israel! The Lord our God, The Lord is One; Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind",[2] before also referring to a second commandment, "Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself."

If you do these two diligently the rest of the commandment's are simply part of these and are fulfilled in there entirety by fulfilling these in there entirety,
www.the-ten-commandments.org...

IF people obeyed these there would be no slavery, no rape, no usury, no hunger or want and no poverty in the world.

He want's our salvation, for us to be more like him and less like his enemy that corrupted us.

edit on 15-9-2018 by LABTECH767 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Look at your children from birth. What do you want for them. I imagine its quite a lot the same.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   
a reply to: Plotus

To survive, be safe, happy, well and to prosper into an endless future.
I agree and that is what he want's.
Raising kid's is never easy though and locking them in there room for eternity would be no help at all.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: EasternShadow

So what DOES matter to God?

You already answered your own question.

it seems the Universe is organized and designed to create possibilities.

Earth is the only known planet to harbor diversities and intelligent life in our Solar System. Surely you won't expect God to allow us to nuke this beautiful blue marble into another red desert lifeless Mars, would you?

Peace and Order need to maintain. Either by religion or by secular laws. Preferable through human own willingness and love.

Umm, diversity and variety exist everywhere, not just on Earth.

Just look at he vast possibilities in galaxy types and the range of star sizes, colors and states. Look at the periodic table of elements and the processes of nucleosynthesis that make them, the multiple phases/states of matter and the billions of possible molecular configurations.

Every cause in science leads to a single effect. The universe should not have been birthed in singularity and expanded into variety. That is contrary to physics. The law of entropy should be reducing the universe to a single state of sameness and operates at all times, from the creation of the universe, to its heat death. Yet here we are in incredible variety, everywhere we can observe. The harder we look, the more variety we see.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:52 AM
link   

What does God want

God wants the same thing all of us want, Love. So much so, that he commands it over and over. And just in case you still don't love him. He's created a special place for you...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   

God was clear, He created humanity for relationship.
HGod doesn't want art or theatre

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:58 AM
link   
What would we know about God, nothing.
Don't use the Bible to say this is what he wants because man wrote the Bible, they could be wrong. Figure it out on your own.
You can't figure God out unless he wants you to.
We hope it is love but who knows, infinite is a beech.
All we can do is hope God enjoys our primitive wars and dIckheadedness.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: TonyS
a reply to: DISRAELI

(Deuteronomy 10:12-14) “And now, Israel, what does the LORD your God require of you, but to fear the LORD your God, to walk in all His ways and to love Him, to serve the LORD your God with all your heart and with all your soul, [13] “and to keep the commandments of the LORD and His statutes which I command you today for your good? [14] “Indeed heaven and the highest heavens belong to the LORD your God, also the earth with all that is in it.

Hosea 6/6-8 indicates God was never after sacrifice, God wanted people's love and hearts to be attuned to Him
The laws were brought in because mankind was corrupt

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

No He didn't create a special place for you, that's ignorance and a typical atheist rant
God gives you what you want, God removes you from His presence as you wished

You choose, accept God or reject God, it's your choice
Poor Klass, looking for someone else to blame, now rant away Gods not even real

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join