It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Banning Hillary Clinton

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:09 AM
link   
Teachers will be able to teach about her if they wish, it's just that Hillary will not be on the list for the mandatory curriculum.

In other words, students won't be required to learn about her.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:14 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

The O man.....sucks to be him huh!!

It's sun up here in Texas....can I welcome you in to our world here?

We have, black coffee in the morning....dark whiskey in the evening...we getting red dirt rich and Red River paid....just a hunting...a fishing and loving everyday....if we can make a nickle Offa reelin in bass....why we'll never worry bout the price of gas....jus hunting , fishing....and loving everyday

Y'all ready? Close them eyes now...let's go there in our minds..........
edit on 15-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

edit on 15-9-2018 by GBP/JPY because: IN THE FINE TEXAS TRADITION

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:55 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Snip, they should have threee chapters of her in there. One about racketeering scheme of a political machine. Another about her brazen appeal to Nazi'esque identity politics. And another about her war crimes ala Arab Spring.

And most importantly, an entire appendix chapter at the end showcasing the best of the memes people have made about her.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Well, the school board double-downed on stupid.

Actually, it did not. They chose to keep the "heroic" stuff in the curriculum, didn't they?

Sort of throws a wrench in the narrative you have been pushing for some time, which is illustrated in this next comment:

But it is foolish to eliminate her from the curriculum. We really need to learn from history. Especially the really bad people. We can't just wipe away history with a cloth like it's a State Department hard drive.

Just because a school board chooses what they want to include in the curriculum, does not mean history is being wiped away.

You have been pushing that narrative and it makes no sense whatsoever.

Not only that, but entities like the local school boards are very important because it allows the local people to have the freedom to choose as a community what they want their children to learn.

Yet you purposefully delegitimize their right and freedoms by pushing narratives that rely on dramatics and ignorance.

"Oh, they are wiping away history!"...No they are not. They are using their freedoms to make choices for their own children and here you are on the internet #ting all over other people's freedoms, as you often do.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

Actually, it did not. They chose to keep the "heroic" stuff in the curriculum, didn't they?

Sort of throws a wrench in the narrative you have been pushing for some time, which is illustrated in this next comment:

But it is foolish to eliminate her from the curriculum. We really need to learn from history. Especially the really bad people. We can't just wipe away history with a cloth like it's a State Department hard drive.

Just because a school board chooses what they want to include in the curriculum, does not mean history is being wiped away.

Not only that, but entities like the local school boards are very important because it allows the local people to have the freedom to choose as a community what they want their children to learn.

Yet you purposefully delegitimize their right and freedoms by pushing narratives that rely on dramatics and ignorance.

"Oh, they are wiping away history!"...No they are not. They are using their freedoms to make choices for their own children and here you are on the internet #ting all over other people's freedoms, as you often do.

Lol, this is pure comedy folks.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

It was a weak attempt at putting me on defense and tossing in a few jabs.

*shrugs*

Some just want to change the narrative any way they can.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I found the ridiculing and mocking of Clinton’s health during the campaign to be especially evil. We’ve lost the will to refute people’s ideas and arguments that the only recourse is to ban them and wish them ill.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Muninn

originally posted by: introvert

Lol, this is pure comedy folks.
A person usually has to pay to read humor as great as this.

Fred..

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: NiNjABackflip

Good thing the MSM banned mentioning her health issues. We just totally needed a POTUS unfit to walk a flight of stairs or into parked vehciels, too sick to run the campaign trail, whose already sustained multiple head injuries from falling down, and coughs up mysterious green slimeballs into clear glasses of water on stage in front of cameras.

Pickles anyone??

edit on 15-9-2018 by IgnoranceIsntBlisss because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: IgnoranceIsntBlisss

Good thing the MSM banned mentioning her health issues. We just totally needed a POTUS unfit to walk a flight of stairs or into parked vehciels, too sick to run the campaign trail, whose already sustained multiple head injuries from falling down, and coughs up mysterious green slimeballs into clear glasses of water on stage in front of cameras.

Pickles anyone??

All I can do is hope that one day everyone who enjoys that stuff will receive the same treatment.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Everyone does, but only 'sick individuals' are so hell bent on power war murder global domination stuff that they'll thrust themself (rig their way into it no less) into the most spotlighted 'spot' in all the friggin world. And then destroy their hotel room the night they lose. People like that deserve all the ridicule they get. All of it.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: dfnj2015

Agreed, it's why I would not be in favor of leaving history out of history. Hillary was not universally accepted but as others pointed out, she was FLOTUS and I believe the first female appointed Secretary of State.

The schools and our curriculum are in trouble. We have Districts that are shortening the school week in order to make money by charging parents for day care service instead of holding school. Sad, as we are way behind most of the world

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: DJMSN

No, she wasn't first secy. of State. There was Madaleine Albright and Condoleezza Rice before her.

And there were lots and lots of FLOTUSes before her, so that is nothing out of the ordinary. There were lots of female U.S. Senators as well. She was nothing special in any of those areas.

edit on 15-9-2018 by queenofswords because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN

Hillary was not universally accepted but as others pointed out, she was FLOTUS and I believe the first female appointed Secretary of State.

Hell, why not push for a cool first First Lady while you're at it?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: DJMSN
a reply to: dfnj2015

Agreed, it's why I would not be in favor of leaving history out of history. Hillary was not universally accepted but as others pointed out, she was FLOTUS and I believe the first female appointed Secretary of State.

The schools and our curriculum are in trouble. We have Districts that are shortening the school week in order to make money by charging parents for day care service instead of holding school. Sad, as we are way behind most of the world

And you are right about the education problem.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 01:50 PM
link   
a reply to: howtonhawky

...and she shouldn't be in mandatory curriculum?

Regardless of how we feel about her, she was/is a monumental figure in late 20th century politics. First Lady. Senator (arguably from NY, though it was "at large"). Secretary of State. Presidential Candidate. How many can claim that for their resume? One, I think.

No matter how much I may wish for her to be forgotten/removed. Nope. When the time comes in school to study this time in history of not just the United States, but the world--she did, and should, loom large.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:00 PM
link   
a reply to: seagull

I dunno know. That is why i was searchin for some type of list so that we could all get a better view at who and what is mandated vs optional historical characters.

Just because she may not be mandated curriculum does not mean she can not be covered in class.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 02:40 PM
link   

History should be shown with all it's warts.

Be it civil war statues, or corrupt hags with the morals of a bloody stool.

Agree DBCowboy, that "book burning" BS doesn't fly and I also believe it is a dumb idea. Pointless too, since like you said doing anything with history other than learning from it is a waste

Corrupt/criminal/unlikable among a litany of other words I could write to describe H.C. But I still agree this is not a smart move

and I am not too sure why they would remove "heroic" from the Alamo defenders. Even though reinforcements never came, Col. Travis and his men held their ground for days, significantly outnumbered, responding only with "Victory or Death"

"Their determination was fierce, though, and when Santa Ana asked for their surrender the following day, Travis answered with a cannon shot."

Great post

edit on 9/15/2018 by JBurns because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: queenofswords

Boy, I forgot about those. (Maybe there is hope, that with enough time I will forget about Hillary) Both of those figures are still a part of our history and Hillary should be as well. I am not a fan of either Clinton but I don't believe she should be erased from history either.

Bad things happen when we remember only what we want to remember. Just like the monuments disappearing is bad for our future, making history read as we wish it was is a mistake, and not truthful.
edit on 9/15/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

edit on 9/15/2018 by DJMSN because: Addition

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Texas has a history of these sort of revisionist history stances and their influence can be felt nationwide in the form of text books. Texas being one of the larger, more populated states unfortunately gets a 'bigger' voice when it comes to what goes into nationally distributed school text books.

How Texas Inflicts Bad Textbooks on Us

I know this story is about their curriculum but it's just the start of the process they've used over the years to influence what goes into nationally distributed text books.

Helen Keller is another name they plan on eliminating from their curriculum..

new topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join