It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DMT and aliens

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:36 AM
link   
What is it about '___' and aliens, ive read about lots of shamans on '___' (drinking ahayuasca/yage) talking to extraterrestrials and seeing UFO's and all sorts of crazy sh**.

Ive never tried yage myself but the more i read about it the more i wanna do it, its pretty hard to find the ingredients but i dont think the plants are too hard to grow.

deoxy.org...

[edit on 23-2-2005 by fishbrain]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Its pretty funny that pictures of UFO's and aliens have been drawn by incas and mayans thousands of years ago.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Keep in mind that people can see what they believe are other beings on many other drugs like '___'. But, I have done some serious research on '___' and have read a book, '___': The Spirit Molecule, by Rick Strassman MD. that puts forth the proposition that these extraterrestrials are merely hallucinations induced by this incredibly powerful psychedelic, not to mention other fascinating theories about '___'. I think this idea that this is all hallucinations is supported by the shamans who use ahauyasca reporting other beings, for example a parade of all the good plants that help people led by the king of the good plants, garlic.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
try to look at it like this:
'___' and some other psychoactive substances open some doors in your head, that way you become become opened to other vibrations around you and you see, what is basically always there, just on a different vibe. When the substance wears off, the doors close. You can achieve the same thing with meditation, it just takes long time and lots of determination. What these substances do is just make connections in your brain, that you didnt learn to make in your everyday life. Becouse no one is teaching us the important things anyway.
I cant tell you if the beings you see are real or not, but i can tell you you can feel they are there somehow, you can see them, and you can feel a presence that is not yours, oh, and you can interact with them. And i must mention its as real as real can be.
Amazing really, after an experience like that you discover, that you should look inside for answers, not outside...expand your mind

You wanna meet aliens, easy, psylociba mexicana, want to talk to god, mushrooms from Bali.... the possibilities, i only know a few. Talk to your higher selves for instance(3 is the magic number!).While on Bali mushrooms, i got 10 commandements preached to me, and ive never been to church or even read them. Who read them to me? Good question

Either way, you have much to gain, and nothing to loose. Yust stay off the chemicals, theyll fry your brain. And dont do it alone, do it with people you
love/like/respect

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:15 PM
link   
I have read plenty about this and do believe that '___' may stimulate our pirreneal gland enough to let us tap into a higher plane of existence. I know...sounds very hippyish, but there is alot of information to support the existence of higher dimensions and lots of '___' users have reported experiencing what could be a trip to/vision of a higher dimension and having conversations with "being" that explain certain things to them.

Google it, there's plenty of information out there about it. I have been wanting to try it for some time though. Although I'm not condoning drug use.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Sorry everyone I was under the impression '___' was the miracle drug we could all hope for as well. After trying a thick vine from the Amazon myself, I was lured into a conversation with entities, that could shed no intelligence other then that which related to my life. Which leads me to believe its all a part of the brain. For example after countless attempts to extract useful information from my "guest" I was only able to find a correlation between what It spoke of and myself, it would not answer any questions regarding anything other then myself.

So I began asking my professor about '___' and he forwarded me to a fairly useful address which backed up what I pretty much knew in the first place.

3. The archetypal '___' "entities" are pretty well categorized, with most people seeing elves or aliens or fairies or angels or some kind of loopy little spirits that dance about and tell riddles. Sometimes it is a spirit-animal like a jaguar or a snake, sometimes it is none of the above and goes totally off the map. But getting back to the elf thing (which is what many people find to be the most curious aspect), I initially found it very surprising to be confronted by elves in my '___' experiences, and on psilocybe mushrooms as well, and did indeed perceive them as externalized, morphing, disincarnate beings. I even managed to carry on rudimentary conversations of sorts. However, the more I experimented with '___' the more I found that the "elves" were merely machinations of my own mind. While under the influence I found I could think them into existence, and then think them right out of existence simply by willing it so. Sometimes I could not produce elves, and my mind would wander through all sorts of magnificent and amazing creations, but the times that I did see elves I tried very hard to press them into giving up some non-transient feature that would confirm at least a rudimentary "autonomous existence" beyond my own imagination. Of course, I could not. Whenever I tried to pull any information out of the entities regarding themselves, the data that was given up was always relevant only to me. The elves could not give me any piece of data I did not already know, nor could their existence be sustained under any kind of prolonged scrutiny. Like a dream, once you realize you are dreaming you are actually slipping into wakefulness and the dream fades. So it is with the elves as well. When you try to shine a light of reason on them they dissolve like shadows.

It's still very interesting nonetheless...

www.tripzine.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Thirteenth Floor Elevators - Fire Engine

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I still find it hard to believe that people could hallucinate beings, the closest thing ive done to '___' is mushrooms, i hallucinated like madman sometimes but i never once saw any beings that werent there, aswell i read about shamans that had never seen a snake or jaguar before hallucinate them.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 06:49 AM
link   
i did the mushrooms a couple of times but i only had contact with something that most surely wasnt me only once. Most of the times it was a nice relaxing trip to astral and simply seeing world around me differently.

As for it all being just halucinations like Linux said, well, isnt everything a halucination, people are too stuck on the world "reality". Reality is what you want it to be, '___' or no '___'. The problem starts, when you try to explain to yourself (well your ego needs explanations for everything doesnt it) what happened, you hit a wall and have to dismiss it as hallucinations.

What we need to see here is the bigger picture. This is not something that you can scientifically disect and put into little boxes, these are personal experiences, but the main line is always the same, this world is an illusion you create for yourself.

But you will not understand untill you look at it from the outside, and these substances enable you to do just that. Sorry but your brain will not willingly accept this as facts no matter how hard you try, its far to busy and happy being a master of your little personal universe.

Aliens themselves are very real btw, ive seen UFOs long before i had my first beer even, theyre just on a different vibe to us, so if you use any halicunogenics, you might bumb into one of them sooner or later. Not a pleasant experience btw, at least for me.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 07:12 AM
link   
i too have read about the shamans and '___', but i know i would not be able to handle it : because i believe its that REAL.

if you've never eaten mushrooms, you have some homework to do before you discover '___'. it is fairly easy to purchase online in seed form (you have to do the growing and harvesting).. erowid.org is an excellent asset.

i would suggest using some salvia divinorum before '___'. im hardly an expert, but i give a word of caution to any would-be drug user:

they are NOT toys - you are probably NOT ready - if you're NOT ready, you WILL regret it.

natural or not.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
As for it all being just halucinations like Linux said, well, isnt everything a halucination, people are too stuck on the world "reality". Reality is what you want it to be, '___' or no '___'. The problem starts, when you try to explain to yourself (well your ego needs explanations for everything doesnt it) what happened, you hit a wall and have to dismiss it as hallucinations.

Yes everything can be termed a "hallucination" but according to Ethnopharmacology a hallucination is an imbalance of certain chemicals in the brain for example '___', we have now realized the 5-HT2A receptor is primarily responible for the vibrant effects. Even people with mental disorders are effected in this way, imbalance of vital neurotransmitters can cause a wide array of mental effects.

What we need to see here is the bigger picture. This is not something that you can scientifically disect and put into little boxes, these are personal experiences, but the main line is always the same, this world is an illusion you create for yourself.

Actually it is something we can disect, there is a branch of science directly involved with this (pharmacogenetics). I agree with your last points as they're completely valid. Regarding the bigger picture I believe these are "tools" for lack of a better term, put on earth for our enjoyment and prosperity. But there is nothing magical about the properties of plants, we understand portions of what happends, the real magical part is why they're here in the first place. In some cases its justified, for example the cocoa plant contains a natural insecticide (coc aine).

But you will not understand untill you look at it from the outside, and these substances enable you to do just that. Sorry but your brain will not willingly accept this as facts no matter how hard you try, its far to busy and happy being a master of your little personal universe.

This is a hotly debated topic in class, at one point in time it may well have been a part of everyday life to expierance a different mindset from what we would consider normal today - without the aid of plants. The brain, in order to protect you censors giant portions of reality and allows only a trickle of information to come in as our senses. Would it have been possible at one point in time that the brain (while still developing and adjusting) was able to pickup more then we are capable of picking up today? We're yet to find out! If this is something that interests you, I highly suggest pursuing it as a career.

[edit on 24-2-2005 by Linux]

posted on Feb, 25 2005 @ 04:55 PM
link   
You show great knowledge in the subject Linux, i appreciate the info

posted on Jan, 1 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
The archetypal '___' "entities" are pretty well categorized, with most people seeing elves or aliens or fairies or angels or some kind of loopy little spirits that dance about and tell riddles.

The problem with the above is that why do all humans see the same entities, why elves, aliens ir fariries. If these beings have no objective reality, they each of us should see totally different beings. This is not the case. Ancient cave drawing depict vey similar seens as those described by 21th centuray Sharmans.

top topics

join