It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

the " cultural approriation " delusion - its fatal flaw

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:16 AM
link   
every time this " cultural appropriation " farce rears its ugly head - i can only laugh at the utter insanity of it

its an absolute " one way street "

one simply cannot cry " cultural appropriation " - and spit ones dummy out because " someone " has " stolen " a meme unique to your culture - UNLESS you are also prepared to divest yourself of all appropriated memes derived from other cultures

yet - the wingnuts screaming cultural appropriation - are blind to thier own " sins "

go figure

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: ignorant_ape
Exactly. The other reason why the grievance is absurd is that the effect of "cultural borrowing" is usually understood the other way round.That is, if A is borrowing bits of culture from B, then B is "influencing" and exerting some kind of power over A. "Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery". That's why old fogies originally got upset when white teenagers began listening to "black" music.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:00 AM
link   

the culture that looks dominant hardly is so through numbers.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The people who whine about 'cultural appropriation', and I mean the ONLY people who whine about it, are the same people who screech about all people being 'one' and 'coexistence' and 'multiculture' and 'open borders'. The list goes on.

All things that directly oppose the whole concept of appropriation being 'wrong'.

No person, NOT ONE PERSON, from the culture that's supposedly being 'appropriated' in ANY of the stories I've ever read about was involved in the complaint in any way whatsoever. It's ALWAYS just some easily manipulated autistic screecher making a noise because that's what their iq is telling them to do.

Also, it's ALWAYS a 'white person' (you know, the evil people of the Earth) getting accused of such an imaginary act. NEVER do I see a black person being attacked by low iq media outlets for wearing a Japanese kimono. And NEVER is a Japanese woman accused of racism and bigotry for wearing a Scottish kilt.

Which is good because it's pathetic to believe for one second that this issue should be taken seriously even by the most mentally challenged of individuals.

But this 'memes' issue. This is something different. It's not about appropriation at all. It's about silencing opponents and their support base. At all costs. Taking away any and all means of spreading their message by an undeniable, concerted effort across ALL platforms of media and entertainment. Which is fascism. Especially when their tactics also include direct financial and very vocal support of fascist movements like antifa.

What is wrong with this backward, hypocritical, fascist left-wing hysteria that they ALL seem to be willingly taking part in? It's just insane. Insane. The things they accuse people of, ludicrous, trivial and even non existant.

Open fascism being openly supported by the vey morons who preach about being anti fascism. Everywhere. In every country. They applaud the sensoring of evil 'right wing' speakers because their mindless heads are filled up with untrue notions like "right wing means white supremist" or dumb ideas like that. So they all approve, as a mass, of silencing the opposition.

"Silence them from speaking at universities. Silence them on social media, ha ha ha. Silence them on the internet and on the television networks. Fire them from their careers, ha ha haa. They're all racists anyway. Harass them in the street. Harass them with their families. Break up their rallies, violently, ha ha haa. Shouldn't have supported drumpf. Accuse them of non-crimes and be relentless. Don't stop."

You know, the very definition of fascism. And they ALL definitley support ALL of what is being done to silence opposition support. Including the blocking of sites, apps, pages and memes, the bias of the entertainment industry and the media, the harassment and the violence. Hitler tactics.

I'm pretty sure the German populace, who were widely supportive of Chancellor Hitler, did not condifer themselves fascists. Until the eyes of history looked back on them.

This entire movement is fascism to the core. Banning memes under the guise of 'cultural appropriation'. WTF.
Anyone who supports this silencing of 'evil right wing' viewpoints across ALL platforms of media and entertainment is definitely NOT a leftist, a liberal, do gooder or even a good human being. They're just fascists, openly supporting the marginalization of those with a different viewpoint. The very definition.

But drumpf wants to do something so evil like, make people fill out paperwork if they want to immigrate, what a racist. Raise taxes and free up commerce so as to improve the economy, what a fascist. He wants to negotiate better deals with leeching countries and organizations, what an evil man.

The message that the left STRONGLY portray across all social media, all TV and movies and internet and mainstream and in public and in schools and everywhere they poke their nose is: "Think how we think, or we'll attack you" The very definition of fascism.

The memes are just the beginning.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:29 AM
link   
These people rely on division in order to hate. If you actually start removing that division and allow people to actually start blending together as one people then they can't tell who they're supposed to hate. They say they want togetherness, they want to remove hate, and be one people but they don't, they want the ability to hate under the guise of social justice so they can pretend to be the good guys.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:55 AM
link   
Every time someone complains about cultural appropriation, just tell them they need to respect and embrace diversity.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:00 AM
link   
I spit on the entire concept of cultural appropriation.

It's a vile and racist ideology.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

When a white girl wore a Chinese dress to prom sjw went crazy. The Chinese praised it.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: OccamsRazor04

When a white girl wore a Chinese dress to prom sjw went crazy. The Chinese praised it.

Have you noticed it's rarely the culture involved that gets "offended" but rather a bunch of crying white liberal college students on their behalf?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:17 AM
link   
a reply to: DIEGLOKE2

Who raises kids to constantly be offended for other people who aren't offended.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Yea yea we know China and India have billions of people go figure.
Lots of East Indians have recently moved to where I live and man did they “Canadianize” and fast.
They are soaking up all the glory Canada has to offer them in their new home and I love it. I work with a couple who is writing their citizen exam soon in November I think.

TJ asked me if I thought he would pass the exam and I said “well TJ you seem like a Canadian to me” he replied that meant a lot to him so go figure.

a reply to: Damla

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Ummm...it's progs being progs...not hard to understand...

They push diversity and tolerance with one hand and cultural appropriation with the other...

It really is a strange delusion they labor under...then they call it progress...

YouSir

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I need to appropriate some curry.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:27 AM
link   

We are told to be open and diverse and accept and embrace all cultures, yet when you do you are accused of appropriation. Insanity

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:35 AM
link   
Simultaneously they promote gender identity and bash cultural appropriation. What if I am offended by someone appropriating my gender? Can I identify as a different culture and have it be OK?

Intolerance of intolerance is intolerant.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: YouSir

Ummm...it's progs being progs...not hard to understand...

They push diversity and tolerance with one hand and cultural appropriation with the other...

It really is a strange delusion they labor under...then they call it progress...

YouSir

It's not hard to understand at all. They hate who they are and they hate the culture they came from and it must be punished and die, not grow and adapt.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: norhoc

We are told to be open and diverse and accept and embrace all cultures, yet when you do you are accused of appropriation. Insanity

No you have to accept them like they're in a museum or zoo and you can't touch them.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 11:41 AM
link   
a reply to: ketsuko

putting mexicans in a zoo - now that is racist

remember children - you are not allowed to feed the mexicans

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ignorant_ape
a reply to: ketsuko

putting mexicans in a zoo - now that is racist

remember children - you are not allowed to feed the mexicans

But that's how it sort of feels to me. It's like we're being told to be like one of those toy collectors who buys the toys and them keeps them in original packaging locked away from all light so no one can do more than look at it occasionally.

"See this? It's my original, limited edition Ethiopian cultural group. It's in mint condition, and I keep it here undisturbed in it's original garb. NO! Don't touch!"
edit on 15-9-2018 by ketsuko because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 04:53 PM
link   

It strikes me that these types of 'justice warriors' were bratty little kids who were constantly envious of what all the other kids had,

they grew up,

and found a way to justify their brattiness and pettiness, and called it a social cause.

e.g. "everyone else has this toy or is wearing this fad except me....therefore it must suck and I must decry this thing and make everyone feel stupid for having it."

Everyone remembers this kid, right? Well now they are some proud warriors!

edit on 15-9-2018 by NarcolepticBuddha because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join