It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NY Times correction after spreading BS story about Nikki Haley

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:51 PM
link   
So the MSM takes off like a rocket about some $52000 motorized curtains for U.N. Ambassador Nikki Haley.

Apparently the MSM claimed she was extravagant and over spending for a suite used by her and where she often hosts international guests.

These curtains were installed last year.

Of course those things were ordered under the Obama Administration (yes for real) (wonder who got the kickbak?) 😃

Now the NYTimes has issued a "correction" reflecting the entire BS story.

Of course, millions will automatically continue to believe this BS because they won't ever "see" the retraction 😃

Back to that old trick again 💥😎💥

NY Times correction after spreading BS story about Nikki Haley in record time puts final nail in coffin of MSM credibility

Thursday night, the New York Times reported that $50,000 was spent on curtains for Nikki Haley’s office at the U.N. and they were put in last year. The Left, naturally, went nuts, which fortunately isn’t much of a stretch for them. But what the Times didn’t point out until well into their story obviously designed to slam Haley, was that the remodeling decision was made and approved in 2016, during the Obama administration. After many hours of hearing about it, the paper made a correction:

Editors’ Note: September 14, 2018

An earlier version of this article and headline created an unfair impression about who was responsible for the purchase in question. While Nikki R. Haley is the current ambassador to the United Nations, the decision on leasing the ambassador’s residence and purchasing the curtains was made during the Obama administration, according to current and former officials. The article should not have focused on Ms. Haley, nor should a picture of her have been used. The article and headline have now been edited to reflect those concerns, and the picture has been removed.

"Don't forget to Vote your Brains out Nov 6th"

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:53 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Same New York Times that swooned over Hitler and Stalin.

+5 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Come on, X.. only an imbecilc partisan hack amateur would have bought that original story and used it against Haley. Even the most pathetic leftist, reeling brutally from 2 straight years of bitter defeat after bitter defeat is bright enough to recognize what the Times was doing and not making the shortsighted hail Mary of desperation it would take to try and use the foolish article against her or Trump. I mean, show a little bit of respect for the left... how many rubes to believe they actually have dumb enough to have fallen into the initial trap?

LOL!!!
edit on 14-9-2018 by burdman30ott6 because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:09 PM
link   

No one will remember the corrections, and death threats and threats of rape and violence will be issued to yet another member of the Trump administration because of lies told by the media and spread by willing accomplices.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:16 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

While many on this site recognize it for what it is. . . I deal with the "rubes" every day on a college campus. You laugh. I bite my tongue, as staff challenging a political belief is not inclusive, etc.
It's not just 'imbecilic partisan hack amateurs' it's also today's recent adults, as they are very tech savvy, but not challenged to look outside of their personal beliefs.
You are dismissing out of hand, a serious problem in the USA for those under 30.

I will add not everyone. But the majority of what I have seen worries me over the next 15-20 years. . .

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Damn...It's like the liberal media can't help but lie all the time about everything.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:25 PM
link   
You have to ignore the NYT to make them go away.

You think that by exposing them you'll bring them down, but all you're really doing is distributing their articles for them.

And that makes their clients (advertisers) very happy.

Stop bitching about the NYT. Don't give them any exposure at all, not even negative (ever hear there's no such thing as bad publicity?).

Ignore them like they don't exist.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:29 PM
link   
So... What you're saying is that it's okay that this "apartment" ten times bigger than mine, right in the center of down town, has curtains that cost more than I take home in a year... Funded by tax dollars... Because obama?

This left vs right nonsense is fun and all, but can we please have some serious budget cuts?
Public office should only pay what you were able to earn on your own, with fairly short term limits. Those curtains could have been someone's livelihood for a full year. Did it take a year to make them?

Whoever approved the funding was wrong, punish them. Let's not celebrate this waste! It's still out of your pocket!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 11:52 PM
link   
a reply to: an325nt

So you are crying because someone with more money than you spent more than what you make?

I agree budget cuts are the answer. I think we might disagree where the cuts should come from. But maybe not.
The more we can get others to agree on the solution, the more we can work together!

Who is opposed to budget cuts?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

So you are crying because someone with more money than you spent more than what you make?

Crying? Not so much.
Upset? Yes- because they did not earn that money. It was taken from tax dollars.

I'd gladly wager that at least 90% of the people who paid those tax dollars wouldn't have spent that same money on something so frivolous for their own family.

Give that money back to the people it was taken from- they'd probably be more likely to spend it on guns thinking they could defend themselves from this sort of robbery.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Tax cuts have, in effect, caused the government to take less.

Unfortunately, government has yet to spend less.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Every political position is paid from tax dollars. As are many services to the state or nation.

I agree $52 thousand seems gratuitous for curtains.

These are automated (luxury I agree). I do not know the square footage of the curtains, but the cost to automate is substantial. Taken from my own research.

Sounds like you, as well as I are not fond of taxation.
Let's give it back to the people. . . Is that one dollar per person? A Penney per person?

I get just over 1.5 Penney per taxpayer in one year (doing the math). I may have done the math wrong.

Do you leave a Penney in the 'give a/take' tray at the convenience store?

This is such a non issue.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 12:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Tax cuts have, in effect, caused the government to take less.

Unfortunately, government has yet to spend less.

Just as it is difficult to turn a large ship in open waters, it is difficult to steer a country to fiscal responsibility. We will see in the next 3 years how committed the population is to making it happen.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

The left had a post here saying how terrible this is and initially refused to admit Nikki didn't do this then once it was proven they all disappeared and never made a negative comment against the people who actually did this.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 06:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: randomtangentsrme

Every political position is paid from tax dollars. As are many services to the state or nation.

I agree $52 thousand seems gratuitous for curtains.

These are automated (luxury I agree). I do not know the square footage of the curtains, but the cost to automate is substantial. Taken from my own research.

Sounds like you, as well as I are not fond of taxation.
Let's give it back to the people. . . Is that one dollar per person? A Penney per person?

I get just over 1.5 Penney per taxpayer in one year (doing the math). I may have done the math wrong.

Do you leave a Penney in the 'give a/take' tray at the convenience store?

This is such a non issue.

A non issue?
It's obvious waste. Who approved it? Where's the Common sense?

Nobody with an income problem would have considered this, let alone approved it. This one issue is a symptom of a big problem, and if this elected official doesn't get that, fire them. Fire their boss, and fire their accountant. Obviously, we don't need their lack of sense making decisions for the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 07:31 AM
link   
NYT is done. Dun - done
They cut just about all their editors ( you know the ones that are responsible to review the story) and half of their writers
What are left are free to write just about anything they want with no supervision...

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gothmog
NYT is done. Dun - done
They cut just about all their editors ( you know the ones that are responsible to review the story) and half of their writers
What are left are free to write just about anything they want with no supervision...

Is anyone shocked that the NYT largest shareholder is a Trump-hating, billionaire, Mexican Cartel Drug Lord?

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
"Don't forget to Vote your Brains out Nov 6th"

And the propaganda on ATS continues.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:46 AM
link   
a reply to: randomtangentsrme

Now hold on a second, I pay well in excess of 48k a year in ss and income tax, that doesnt count a whole host of taxes on purchases.

These idiots in Washington piss the money I make all over the place like rich kids spend trust funds...I think thats all anyones trying to say.

I certainly dont blame Nikki Haley for these curtains, but dont diminish the fact they abuse our incomes with frivilous purchases like these.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

Entertainment would be myself as president and Pelosi as Speaker of the House. Over/Under is six months before she quits or develops a serious drug habit. “Taxes? You want money, go have a bake sale.”

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join