It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gingrich urges action against illegals

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:24 AM
link   
"It's a complete misreading of the 14th Amendment" to the Constitution to think that illegal aliens are entitled to the same rights as U.S. citizens, he said on the closing day of the 32nd annual Conservative Political Action Conference."

[snip]

Newt Gingrich is demanding that the Bush administration get serious about stopping illegal immigration.
The former House speaker wants the United States to completely seal off its border along Mexico and Canada, deport illegal aliens within 72 hours of their arrest and exclude U.S. courts from reviewing such deportations.
"Let's be serious about sealing off our borders or [else] have open borders," Mr. Gingrich told more than 1,000 cheering conservatives on Saturday.
"
www.washtimes.com...

With Newt screaming for GW to reform border security they why is GW so slow to react. Is GW simply involved in a cheap labor issue or is there something deeper here.

Is GW setting the US up for a power grab after the next attack?

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Hello

I ask myself the same questions......I don't understand why so many of our gov. leaders are ignoring this problem.

Sad to say...I am thinking it will take another catastrophic event to secure the borders.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:39 PM
link   
you guys are thinking too hard on this one. the answer is far more simple. no politician is willing to risk losing the hispanic vote and is afraid of the fallout of being called a racist or something silly like that for taking on illegal immigrants. it's all about votes and fallout. bush wouldn't take on illegals during his first term because hispanics helped carry him into office and he probably was counting on their vote for his second term. if he doesn't deal with them for his second term then it's probably because 1) of the political fallout and B.S. from a whole bunch of media outlets and fellow politicians he would have to deal with. 2) he feels he owes hispanics a favor for mostly voting for him. 3) special interest groups have gotten him on their side. or some other stupid politician reason.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 11:58 PM
link   
The whole object of allowing illegal immigrants is that they can't be documented so employers don't have to pay them all that much, benefits, etc. This is because they will do jobs that Americans aren't interested in for ridiculously low pay (indentured servitude, but I don't have the time atm to go on for pages and pages qualifying that.) Bush has entertained giving certain illegal immigrants some "benefits" because they will then be documented. This idea is quite debatable because...

1) You can now track them, make sure they aren't terrorists, etc.

2) You can tax them.

3) Terrorists are not going to apply for benefits, knowing they are tracked meaning perhaps a false sense of security.

4) How much are we willing to pay, sacrifice, whatever, to ensure we get cheap cherries and oranges picked by extremely cheap labor?

new topics

top topics

join