It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran goes on war alert, fears attack by U.S.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 10:16 AM
link   
"Iran has begun preparing for a possible U.S. attack, or at least trying to dissuade Washington from such an attack by appearing to prepare for war.

Tehran has recently disclosed efforts to bolster and mobilize recruits in citizens' militias and making plans to engage in the type of asymmetrical warfare used against U.S. troops in Iraq, the Washington Times reported Saturday.

"Iran would respond within 15 minutes to any attack by the United States or any other country," said an Iranian official who spoke on the condition of anonymity.

Further, Iranian newspapers are reporting efforts to boost the number of the country's 7-million-strong Basiji militia forces, which were deployed in human wave attacks against Saddam Hussein during the Iran-Iraq war of the 1980s"

feeds.bignewsnetwork.com...

This is going to get ugly and fast.............

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:32 AM
link   
but king bush says we are not planning to attack Iran.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Bush actually said not planned yet but all options on the table. Bush speaks with a forked tongue, personally I don't believe a thing he says.

[edit on 23-2-2005 by valkeryie]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:44 AM
link   
SSDD, Same S***, Different Day.

If we are so ready to go ahead and invade Iran, then perhaps someone could show me where we have managed to hide all of the supplies that we would need to invade them. When was it moved over there? What other units have been alerted to short task deploy? What ships have been ordered to head for that area? Etc, etc......

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:52 AM
link   
You know, maybe they really did capture Bin Laden and they know that he's America's ace in the hole. Maybe that's the reason Bush hasn't pulled the trigger yet. But then why wouldn't Iran parade OBL around on TV to appease all westerners? Maybe Bush is asking Iran to give him up behind the scenes, but Iran knows if they give him up they won't hold the trump card anymore, thus nothing would then stop the U.S. from attacking Iran.

PARANOIA, THE DESTOYER

Peace

[edit on 23-2-2005 by Dr Love]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 11:58 AM
link   
More posturing.

We must understand the point of veiw of the general Iranian population. They see that the eye's of bush are fixed upon them. They fear what happend in Iraq will happen there. It's hard to be excited or happy about an attack, which brings death and destruction, dispite that attack may bring a democratic system. Many will see the sacrifices not worth the benifits.
The Iranian Government is trying to quell fear, give pride and hope to the people, and most likley set up guerilla militia among civilian populations. However futile it may be

This by no means proves the US is about to attack, but I wouldn't put it past Bush and Co,

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:00 PM
link   
What do you think We have been doing since the invasion of Iraq? We are building a foothold to attack Iran. Same thing with Afghanistan. Iran is in the middle of the 2 countries that the US are "presently liberating". I would be a shaking sheik right now if I was mullah.....

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:11 PM
link   
The reason Iranian leaders are confident about the situation is because they know any invasion/occupation of their country would result in a resistance movement about 100x stronger than the current one in Iraq. Also that the Iranian military will not just melt away as Iraq's did (They would still be defeated, but not without a fight).

In my mind any attack on Iran will result in nothing less than a slow mass grave for the US military.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnny Redburn
In my mind any attack on Iran will result in nothing less than a slow mass grave for the US military.

And a lot of regret by those family members of soldiers who happened to vote for Bush. The soldiers will get a jagoff break every now and then, but for the most part, they're doomed with no end in sight.

Now I see why Iran didn't get a whole lot of play before the election. Dat Bush, he's a sneaky bastage!!!

Peace

top topics

join