It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Manafort Pleads Guilty and Will Cooperate With Muller

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Remember, these are Trumps “best people”.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: underwerks
Remember, these are Trumps “best people”.

A bunch of "really stable geniuses" if you ask me.

edit on 14/9/2018 by Kryties because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Butterfinger

19 months in... still nothing.

Wait till it goes to 24 months.

Then you'll really see some cool stuff happen.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I love it.

Go on boy, squeal for a deal!
WEE! WEE!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
a reply to: kurthall

He is just going to be pardoned.

Assuming he has a crony in power to pardon him.

I would imagine he brainstormed everything before making this decision and it went something like this --

"If I continue down this road, I'll spend the rest of my life in prison.

I know personally what Trump did so chances are he won't be in office long enough to pardon me.

The best thing to do is cooperate and take my chances with a reduced sentence from Mueller."

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: knoxie
i'm loving the aggressive asset forfeiture. didn't sessions double down on that?

junior has got to be rattled.

The asset forfeiture means that Mueller investigation has now paid for itself.
Glad to know that the complaints of the Mueller investigation being 'a waste of taxpayer dollars' can finally be put to rest forever.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

Nailed !!!

🎃🚬🔫

Good thing Trump put him in the Sunlight !!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:15 PM
link   

i'm loving the aggressive asset forfeiture. didn't sessions double down on that?

Yeah, that’s a good point.
Given how motivated by money Manafort seems to be, I had to wonder if avoiding forfeiture would be part of a deal to squeal. Glad Mueller’s playing hardball.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Finally, some scrutiny and accountability in Washington. It's a shame folks like Manafort have been able to work in Washington and politics for decades.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: burdman30ott6

originally posted by: carewemust
Its interesting that part of Manafort's deal is SAFETY and PROTECTION for he and his family. Those Russians don't play!

Three words: Clinton Body Count

Three more words:

Step by step.

The greatest immediate danger to our nation is in the White House. The Clintons can make money giving speeches but they do not hold any power as to changing laws and issuing executive orders and creating a new Constitutional crisis every month or so. And if it ever gets to the point where she can run again, we can make damn sure she does not get in power.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:25 PM
link   
when will Manafort be sentenced?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:27 PM
link   

That's a very interesting point.

I foresee Trump actually divesting his properties and assets to a 3rd party as he should have when he took office. As Sessions was indeed tough on this, I imagine Trump assets and properties would be treated the same if he is charged with conspiracy against the US.

Would divesting his assets this late in the game even save him from forfeiture?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Replying to knoxie:

Good question.
I think that’s up in the air now pending his ongoing cooperation.
Assuming the prosecution confirms that he’s met his end of the agreement, then they can officially drop the charges they agreed to drop and make a recommendation to the judge.
edit on 14-9-2018 by Gandalf77 because: Clarification

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust
Its interesting that part of Manafort's deal is SAFETY and PROTECTION for he and his family. Those Russians don't play!

you can say that again....

How Paul Manafort is connected to Trump, Russia investigation

Financial records obtained by The New York Times indicated that Manafort was in debt to pro-Russian interests by up to $17 million prior to joining Trump’s campaign.

Manafort’s resignation from the campaign was announced on August 19, 2016, after The Times reported that he'd received $12.7 million in undisclosed cash payments from Yanukovych’s pro-Russian party between 2007 and 2012.

Bet Trump knew the whole score beforehand.

🎃

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   
Wow
peeps posting links all over the site to this left circle jerk thread.

wheres the beef?

nothing implicates trump

manafort gets to keep assets

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Kharron
The greatest immediate danger to our nation is in the White House. The Clintons can make money giving speeches but they do not hold any power as to changing laws and issuing executive orders and creating a new Constitutional crisis every month or so. And if it ever gets to the point where she can run again, we can make damn sure she does not get in power.

I appreciate your baseless fear. The administration sitting in the White House poses zero danger, immediate or otherwise, to our nation. It poses a massive danger to the progressive leaning establishment that has taken control of both parties within DC. That's not the United States, our people, or our values that's threatened... it simply threatens the continuation of mutations the establishment has cursed the country with since the days of FDR.

When I referenced the Clinton Body Count, I was directly responding to another member's curiosity on why Manafort is requesting protection for himself and his family. While it may have started as a tongue in cheek joke, the Clinton Body Count is either real or the most jaw droppingly statistical probability outlier in American history... people who cross the Clintons and threaten their actions behind closed doors end up dead in curiously high numbers. If Manafort's business deals with the Podestas are on the table for disclosure to Mueller in court, then he's suddenly a massive threat to Hillary's continued freedom.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: UKTruth
I suspect Manafort will be cooperating in the case against Roger Stone, his business partner for 40 years.
Mueller is going after Stone, having interviewed a dozen or so of his associates.

Stone has already said he expects to be indicted on what he calls some cooked up financial charge.

We're a long way from Russian collusion.

Stone also said he expects Trump Jr. to indicted.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:46 PM
link   
a reply to: kurthall

What indicates to you that Mueller is wrapping up soon? He still has Roger Stone to deal with.
edit on 9142018 by Sillyolme because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: howtonhawky
Wow
peeps posting links all over the site to this left circle jerk thread.

I take it you're alluding to my link from my thread on this last night. That was still speculative and sources close to this talked to Reuters anonymously.

It turned out they were true and Reuters did their work, as they most always do, vetting the sources. However, this thread deals with actual plea agreements and not sources who can't speak out of fear from retaliation.

I am not going back to my thread so I directed people here.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:47 PM
link   
a reply to: Allaroundyou

Think trump will pardon him if he starts talking?

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join