It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why should I be loyal to my country?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: OneArmedBandit

I can easily answer, I'm choosing not to because there's no reason to answer the question. I'm sure you know that question is ridiculous, and if you cared to look at my post history, you'd actually find exactly where my political ideals lie, I've discussed it before.

And, this thread ISN'T in the Mud Pit.

**Side note: Are we allowed to do this in all forums now? Derail conversation with political baiting? I'm legitimately asking, I must be confused about the T&C of this site.

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:02 AM
link   
With election season going all out, energetic political discussion can possibly grow into strife of a profoundly close to home nature, some of which may make awful will among colleagues that can far outlive the ebb and flow issues of the day. While a specific measure of political exchange at work is unavoidable, it's not amazing that such talk frequently prompts warmed and passionate contention. Political perspectives frequently fill in as umbrellas that cover a range of profoundly held individual convictions that are educated by a person's religion, culture, childhood, financial class and different impacts.
Thanks& regards,
John Pitter

edit on 10/15/2018 by semperfortis because: Removed Spam

posted on Oct, 12 2018 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: DIEGLOKE2
Ok....... first of all for those that are patriots of whatever country they are from I am not critising you. But why should I be?

Big question I have been asking myself in recent months due to how miserable my governments made me the past year.

Why does being born in the UK mean I should be loyal?

Why do I owe my alligance to a family of rich elites or the corrupt bastard politicians that run the country?

The people who run this country or any western country from the UK, USA or Germany and everywhere don't give a # about us little people. They don't know or care we exist. Our country's would screw us over in a heart beat if it benefited the people in power.

The only people I feel I should be loyal too are myself and my family.

Put simply, for the survival of your DNA.
Loyalty to one's country in general benefits the entire population.
So, while going away and putting your life on the line in some far flung corner of the empire might be bad for you personally, it will generally help your offspring, your siblings and their offspring to survive to have kids of their own.

That's the bare nuts and bolts of it.

posted on Oct, 16 2018 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: DIEGLOKE2

Not so much in the action department

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join