It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Canada to reject missile defence

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I fail to see why people are surprised that Martin decided to opt out of the defense shield. This is democracy at work folks. Martin sees that a majority of Canadians do not want Canada involved in this system, so he opted out.

Yes, I know that this is rare, but with a minority government, he really had no choice, he must keep the people happy if he is to win the next election, which will probably happen sooner than later.

posted on Mar, 5 2005 @ 10:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by sensfan
I fail to see why people are surprised that Martin decided to opt out of the defense shield. This is democracy at work folks. Martin sees that a majority of Canadians do not want Canada involved in this system, so he opted out.

Yes, I know that this is rare, but with a minority government, he really had no choice, he must keep the people happy if he is to win the next election, which will probably happen sooner than later.

I agree...this is democracy at its finest.

And why I really like the idea of a minority government. We actually get good decisions! And if its something that will benefit the people, the opposition parties won't dare quash it. Personally, I think Martin would have loved to bend over for Bush, but because of how Canadians are feeling, he didn't dare.

From what I observe Canadians in general are more anti Conservative than ever...and I believe the goings-on south of the border have had a huge influence on that. We didn't want a conservative government, but also didn't want to give the Liberals carte blanche again either.

Its a beautiful thing if you ask me. We got some of our best programs during minority governments - our flag, Canada Pension...and even national healthcare if I'm not mistaken.

posted on Mar, 23 2005 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Prime Minister Paul Martin today announced that Canada would not
participate in the U.S. "Star Wars" missile defense shield and had
instead been secretly testing it's own anti-missile system in a remote
section of Saskatchewan...

Click Here.

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 03:35 PM
link   
We fill it with beer, then lob it into the enemies' camp, and it's ours.

Canadian beer will mess you UP!

j

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Prime Minister Paul Martin today announced that Canada would not
participate in the U.S. "Star Wars" missile defense shield and had
instead been secretly testing it's own anti-missile system in a remote
section of Saskatchewan...

Click Here.

LOL...that's a good one, thanks for the laughs.

They are probably going to be using all those empty beer cans they have been hoarding for a rainy day as ammunition . ;P

[edit on 24-3-2005 by Muaddib]

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 04:53 PM
link   
lol Grady! That made my day

posted on Mar, 24 2005 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Hey don't laugh, that thing can poke your eye out!!!!

posted on Mar, 27 2005 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Grady - nice to see you DO have a sense of humour. Good one!

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join