It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Convoy Ambush in Iraq video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 09:29 AM
link   
I have a brother over there who says this happens everyday to him in his convoy.

www.big-boys.com...

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Does anyone have a version of this video that has a longer ending? I’ve had this copy of the video for a while and have always wondered if something big happened just after this version ends.

Just a few seconds before the ending a soldier in the camera vehicle says “I gotta bad feeling abo…” and then you see what looks to be a white civilian truck come from off the road on the right side and cut directly in front of the US military vehicle ahead of the camera Suburban and Humvee. To me it always looked as if the military vehicle would at the very least end up hitting the white truck even if this was not a suicide attack. Sorry if this has been discussed before.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Seen this video a few times. The vehicles and their occupants manage to get away unhurt.

Killak.To say that your brother has this happen to him every day, to me is a bit of an exaggeration. Yes i believe they have to put up with and cope with a lot. My son is over there right now, so i do have an insight as to what they have to put up with.

Will post the link for the full version when i can find it.

[edit on 03/12/04 by Bikereddie]

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie
Seen this video a few times. The vehicles and their occupants manage to get away unhurt.

Will post the link for the full version when i can find it.

Good deal, glad to know none of our guys got injured in this particular attack.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Bikereddie

My brother is a supply truck driver and he is on the road almost every day. The last time I spoke to him he said that every time he goes out on the road people shoot at his convoy he also stated that he cannot take this sh*t anymore. I have a deep fear that when he returns home he will be f*cked in his head like majority of war veterains. This is his 2nd tour and he should be back in June. Every time I hear something about a convoy coming under attack on the news it recks my nerves and I get glued to the television. I just hope he comes out safe.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Good deal, glad to know none of our guys got injured in this particular attack.

Ya welcome. heres a thread i started a few weeks ago. Take a look.

www.abovetopsecret.com...'

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 01:10 PM
link   
That looked like a pretty weak ambush to me. I doubt that explosive device could have even taken out my Hyundai.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:17 PM
link   
since when did the terrorists in iraq start using m-80's as bombs? next time it could be a pack of salutes.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by feklar
since when did the terrorists in iraq start using m-80's as bombs? next time it could be a pack of salutes.

Dude, you're killin' me!

This does make me wonder, due to the weak nature of said explosives, if this video was a set-up for whatever reason. I've seen an exploding golf ball do more damage.

Peace

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 02:41 PM
link   
exactly...i think a modified MRE pack could do what i saw in that video...i guess though it is scary no matter what goes off next to you as you are driving...i would love to know what exactly was set off there though.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its OK to laugh, but until you have been through the event and realized that your life could be in danger, it's hard to comprehend.

It could have been a firework for all we know, but it still scared the sh*t out of the troops.
My opinion is, be scared and be safe!

Just another point to make.
Don't ridicule what you see. Make a point of examining it and then reply, bearing in mind HOW you would feel like in the same situation.

posted on Feb, 23 2005 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Did that truck have a supercharger?

Oh, and were those mortars that were coming down?

[edit on 23-2-2005 by javarex]

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:25 AM
link   
i know what it's like to have something blow up near me so i understand they are very scared. it is just interesting in this one video that the type of explosion that goes off is not very large. it makes one wonder why one would attack a vehicle with such little firepower.

posted on Feb, 24 2005 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Big Boys states it is a Humvee, it is not. Its an armored SUV. I posted this video a couple of months ago on this board.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 26 2005 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bikereddie

Killak.To say that your brother has this happen to him every day, to me is a bit of an exaggeration. Yes i believe they have to put up with and cope with a lot. My son is over there right now, so i do have an insight as to what they have to put up with.

Will post the link for the full version when i can find

Says who? you, hell i know people there who say it happens every day they go on patrol, go to a place like the sunni triangle, add a #load of terrorists and baathist thugs and its not hard to imagine, this is war down and dirty.

top topics

join