It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Brief History of Repressive Regimes and Their Gun Laws

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I put this in the new world order forum for as most who have ever read history know, there really is nothing new to many of the NWO ideas.

I can not think of to many things in the states that would make a certain percentage of law abiding citizens go rogue and basically tell the government find them if you can.

The gun grabber common sense law crowd and for the children politicians will always have some heart sting story to push for their side of gun confiscation which is their right with freedom of speech and all. But until the constitution is amended or changed they might as well get used to the idea Americans actually have a right to bear arms. Period.

Soviet Union

To maintain its iron grip, the Soviet Union had to turn to the most proven form of suppression — gun confiscation. On December 10, 1918, the Council of People’s Commissar mandated that Soviet citizens turn in their firearms. Failure to do so, led to criminal prosecution.

Yes I figure even the most uneducated know of this story.. Nothing has change as those who scream for get the guns walk around with armed body guards just as the Old Soviet Union managed to allow their Communist Party affiliates access to firearms.. That is always the way with the privileged class, No ?

Bulgaria: Once Communists took power in 1944, they confiscated privately owned firearms.
East Germany: Private gun ownership was banned, even though the government did allow for agricultural collectives to possess hunting weapons while taking part in government-supervised hunts.
Hungary: Communist Minister of the Interior, Lazlo Rajk dissolved all pistol and hunting clubs, while also dismantling other organizations that potentially posed a threat to government power.

Although the numbers are highly disputed, Robert Conquest contends in his book The Great Terror that at least 15 million people perished under Soviet rule.

Germany NAZI style

In 1938, Hitler signed a new Gun Control Act. Now that many “enemies of the state” had been removed from society, some restrictions could be slightly liberalized, especially for Nazi Party members. But Jews were prohibited from working in the firearms industry, and .22 caliber hollow-point ammunition was banned.

In sum, the Jewish populace was disarmed and had no way of defending itself against the increasingly militant Nazi political operatives.

Anyone who does not think these kind of persecutions of an unfavored class can not happen in today's world lives in an isolated know nothing world.

There was already a registration list when Castro took over Cuba.. Those on the list and anyone not deemed a good communist in Castro's eyes had their guns taken away or worse.

Venezuela

The day of reckoning came when Venezuela banned the sale of firearms and ammo in 2012, under the guise of fighting crime. Despite the gun ban in place, crime rates continue to skyrocket.

Now Venezuelans have no way of defending themselves against a government that is free to muzzle their speech, expropriate their wealth, debase their currency, and starve them to death. And if that weren’t enough, the average Venezuelan must contend with the constant threat of common criminals and colectivos, Venezuela’s infamous pro-government paramilitary units.

My money says the next big one is South Africa.

It would be a mistake to believe South Africa’s gun confiscation ordinance was a random occurrence; it’s the logical conclusion of South Africa’s current gun control framework. The genesis of this troubling development began with the passage of the Firearms Control Act of 2000, which features an extensive system of gun registration.

It’s easy for anti-gun entities to identify gun owners and confiscate their firearms in the long-run when they have their information on the books. With the wrong political actors in power, yesterday’s “common-sense” gun control could be tomorrow’s vehicle for gun confiscation.

Just another case of registration can lead to confiscation ... I left out several countries simply because their governments have been stable but... with the immigration situation along with the rape pillage and plunder of the new comers there will come a time when they will wish they had some way to protect themselves and their loved ones, IMO.
There are the unfavored in many many countries who are at the mercy of an unsympathetic government and seem to disappear in the middle of the night or day.. But I figure those who can read already know that. On a political note.. So far Trump has held firm on the understanding of the second amendment .. Thank goodness for that.
www.activistpost.com...

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Yes, and every single one of these measurements was taking place to disarm a minority or after a war against that country.

Was there a war in your country lately or do you feel personally being targeted as being a member of a minority or do you feel threatened because you are a part of a minority being put under a disarming?

Because I do not think that the government wants to go snatch weapons from majorities like the rednecks or the WASPs or any other cultural group people belong to would come up. Thats bad for future votings.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:27 AM
link   
This message will likely bounce right off it's intended recipients (Hint - They don't care. Never did. They're not about rights or anything so noble. They're scared little brats and can't be reasoned with).

I wouldn't go so far as to say that none of the bad stuff would have happened in the Soviet Union or Nazi Germany if firearms had been fully legal for everyone. It has been pointed out that a handgun or a hunting riffle isn't going to do much to a tank. That's fairly obvious common sense.

But the nuance of the thing is that it's supposed to be a deterrent to tyranny. Like a locked door. A criminal can still just break a window and gain access the old fashioned way. A locked door isn't going to stop determined criminals. It's just going to repel them most of the time and make it less likely to happen to a house with a locked door.

Everyone has a lock on their door even though it is rarely ever needed and generally doesn't stop criminality when it's going to happen anyway.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:36 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Somehow I doubt that a high percentage of gun-owning is removing criminality from a district or city.
The criminals just "up" their game, by shooting first or attacking in larger packs.

I remember a shooting ("the" shooting, as it is called in national news here, thats the level of rarity) in the last months in Hamburg, Germany. A leader of the local cadre of the Hells Angels was shot in his car. Not by a member of another rivaling biker gang, but by a jealous ex.

The level of gun-usage by criminals is proportional to the level of overall gun-ownership, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:50 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:04 AM
link   
a reply to: ManFromEurope

You lived in Germany, so I must ask,

Wth is this all about???

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:05 AM
link   
We still have guns in Australia, but yes, if the Government wants them, then they can and will take them.

We do have a right to protect ourselves but it has a lot of emms, umms and maybes attached to it like leeches.

P

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:17 AM
link   
a reply to: 727Sky

I was actually just having a similar conversation about 2 hours ago with someone about this. I was thinking of making a thread but I will not.

My personal feelings on guns is very much pro guns. But I can understand the far lefts feeling about them. On one hand they believe they should be non existent. Which will not solve anything. On the other hand they will want them when push comes to shove.

Oddly the far left does not realize that will immediately happen when guns are banned or confiscated.

The right knows and is aware of the outcome of such a ban.

So now becomes the issue of how to actually solve this shooting problem.

IMHO at looking throughput history would be to solve the over medication problem that has plagued society since the early 1900’s and on. I believe that is the problem to tackle. With that being said, it is not a problem that will fix itself overnight. It will take years to do so.

Sorry I kinda strayed off topic.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Brian4real

It´s just anti social douchebag wannabe gangsta rap. This "rap" is connected to some eastern criminal families in Berlin and elsewhere.

I would translate some parts for you but it´s not even correct German grammar.
It caters to the wannabe gangsters. German imigrant ghetto style.

edit on 14-9-2018 by verschickter because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:49 AM
link   

I'm sorry, I do not look at worldstarhiphop, so I closed that right away.
Could you give me a short synopsis?

And yes, I do live in Germany. Not "past tense", but presently and in the future.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:50 AM
link   

And another youtube without any text. I do not like looking at random videos, mind if you could give a short summary?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:51 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Ah, thanks. So, some wannabes. What of it?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Can you reword that question I can´t make sense of it?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

And another youtube without any text. I do not like looking at random videos, mind if you could give a short summary?

Just Clinton saying the Australian gun by back approach is something we should consider in America along with a few other restrictions along with closing loop holes (that really do not exist) and the all important gun registration for everyone.

I posted this thread knowing only those on the opposite side of the world from America are up and awake so I kinda figured many who would respond believe the government and police are responsible for a citizen's safety. Years of government indoctrination and fast moving police shows where they always get the bad guy is not a reality in way to many circumstances...

As many have said before, "all it takes is one mugging or worse" and people change their minds and start taking personal responsibility for their own safety.

I actually know a girl whose home was broken into while she was there and threaten by a knife wielding idiot ....he just wanted some loving and all her money.. She shot him once with a .22 caliber hand gun. He screamed and ran out the front door he had busted to gain entry before he collapsed in the front yard dead.. shot in the heart, which under the circumstance, was one lucky shot for the girl and a bad day for Mr. Lonely.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:42 AM
link   
a reply to: verschickter

Thanks! I figured that was the case.
Here in the States, our gangster rappers were skirts or just dress like rodeo clowns now. That wave will probably hit Germany in about 10 years, so dont go back!!!

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   

The video shows approximately 4,537 felonies. (Estimate)
Every second, theres new guns being waved around, drugs being done, basically i think every illicit firearm in Germany is in this video.
Its worth a look. I think i can give you a different link not affiliated with Worldstar...
If you're still not up for it, its understandable. Not every oes cup of tea.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Great post OP. Those that support gun control and confiscation never seem to understand the criminal element doesn't follow law...if they did, there wouldn’t be any illegal shootings (but let’s not let logic interfere).

They also don’t understand once inacted, there are ZERO checks and balances to keep a government (lawful or not) from abusing its citizenry.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope
a reply to: BrianFlanders

Somehow I doubt that a high percentage of gun-owning is removing criminality from a district or city.
The criminals just "up" their game, by shooting first or attacking in larger packs.

I remember a shooting ("the" shooting, as it is called in national news here, thats the level of rarity) in the last months in Hamburg, Germany.

There were A LOT of shootings in Germany about the middle of the last century, as I recall. Oh but that was so long ago and the human race has absolutely evolved into an entirely different thing in less than 100 years, right?

Enjoy Europe. I'm sure it won't be all that long before you have to learn the tyranny lesson the hard way. Again.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: verschickter

Can you reword that question I can´t make sense of it?

If you say it with a German accent, it translates to "Your PAPERS PLEASE!"

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:26 AM
link   
It will take roughly 2-3 years and it´s speeding up.

I watched the SJW snowflake PC transgender culture(s) unfold here on ATS and other english places (mainly US related) and it hit us 2-3 years later full steam on the mainstream news.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join