It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else getting real tired of these ads?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:49 AM
link   
Interestingly enough, this is the first post I've seen in a long time where I've only come across two ads. Probably one of the most aggravating things is that the ads cover up the post titles. There is a few days there where I couldn't even get through two sentences without there being a giant ad in the way. I think I might try that browser y'all are talking about.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Step 1. Get a PC

Step 2. Get a real browser

Step 3. Get an ad blocker for the browser

Step 4. Smash your phone with a hammer and buy the cheapest cell phone you can find so you won't be out of communications.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: BrianFlanders

5) Ban user for using ad blocker

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: euwhajavb
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Hey buddy, my ad settings are turned off in Chrome, they don't give me many 'advanced options'.

Bud...it's still something on your end. I don't have any issue, never did, have no blocker, advanced permission...nothing.

Taking me out of the equation...don't you think 300,000+ ATS members would have the same thing? We don't...

How to correct these issues is in both BOARD and FRESHMAN forums with causes and solution from our members, mods and site Owner.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I consider myself immune to adverts.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: NthOther

5) Ban user for using ad blocker

If only ads were the worst thing your phone is (probably) doing to you without your desire or consent.

At any rate, I have no problem with the basic idea of ads generating revenue. I have an issue with ads that are not supposed to be intrusive still being intrusive and irritating. I understand that people have to make money somehow. I just think they need to find a way to make their ads not drive people nuts.

It's just the same as if you want to browse through a store and choose not to buy because the stuff they have is useless junk. I guess they technically have a right to demand you buy something if you're going to go in there every day but it makes more sense to figure out why people hate ads and adjust your tactics accordingly than it does to punish them for being irritated by things that are irritating.

If I actually believed the ads on a given site wouldn't annoy the crap out of me, I'd probably whitelist them because I DO appreciate a good web site. The PROBLEM is that usually when I turn off my ad blocker whatever site I'm on turns into a blinking billboard that just happens to have some interesting writing in the background.

edit on 14-9-2018 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:34 PM
link   
What ads? And no, I don't use an ad blocker on ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: BrianFlanders
Step 1. Get a PC

Step 2. Get a real browser

Step 3. Get an ad blocker for the browser

Step 4. Smash your phone with a hammer and buy the cheapest cell phone you can find so you won't be out of communications.

Hey Brian?!! ROFLMAO!!! Great reply!
MS

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:38 PM
link   

You do this every time it comes up. Doesn't that tell you anything?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I mean it looks like people in this thread are having issues with them too, so.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:34 PM
link   

I do have a PC but I'm on the move most of the time and i use smartphones for much my of work stuff, it's not really an option. But I am going to try that browser posted before.

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: SlowNail

You do this every time it comes up. Doesn't that tell you anything?

Hardly

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:14 AM
link   

I mean it looks like people in this thread are having issues with them too, so.

You're only referring to this thread as you state. In-difference to that...our majority of the over 300,000+ membership does not have issues. In this specific thread...of course participants in it have similar issues.

I'm suggesting the total...does not. The issue is a common one, experienced at times with answers provided by those who've had it years before...and no longer do.

Answers are there...you don't have to experience negative issues. Find them in Forums or contact any site moderator...and not go by a 5-or even a 95 pg thread.

That still is a just a tiny portion of our membership.

Good luck..I tried. Peace
edit on 15-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 15 2018 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I don't have any ad problems with either desktop OR mobile devices. I get some ads at the bottom of a thread sometimes, but not always and you can easily just close it. And that's really only on my mobile device. I get absolutely zero ads inside of a thread (like between posts) and zero pop-ups.

I do NOT use any kind of an ad blocker, just a normal FF browser.

OP, what you are describing sounds like what I see when I'm not logged in. And then, it's ads galore, but once I'm logged in all that stops. Are you sure you're logged in when you're seeing all these ads???
edit on 9/15/2018 by Flyingclaydisk because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 16 2018 @ 02:03 PM
link   

I do have a PC but I'm on the move most of the time and i use smartphones for much my of work stuff, it's not really an option. But I am going to try that browser posted before.

So you get to post on forums at work? What kind of job lets you do that? That's what I want to do for a living.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Well I'm not reading all that, but I don't know why you want to attack someone making a thread about this.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Flyingclaydisk

I was not logged in. I rarely post anyway but I guess I'll just log in from now on

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 08:51 PM
link   

I own a business and I'm a part time Park Ranger on the side as a passion not for the money.

posted on Sep, 17 2018 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Well I'm not reading all that, but I don't know why you want to attack someone making a thread about this.

Big difference between attacking someone...and trying to help! Read the reply above from member Flyingclaydisk.....we all don't have issues. If you do...? There are easy solutions....

*Thread pg. #2- Flyingclaydisc

top topics

<< 1   >>

join