It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else getting real tired of these ads?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:37 AM
link   
They're all over the page on mobile and making the site unbearable imo. Im about to just quit using the site. Does anyone buy anything from all these stupid ads anyway? Have you ever been trying to read a thread and scrolled by 3 ads taking up 2/3 of the screen ane said "hey you know what I am going to click this one and buy _____"?? Like what the fk, this is supposed to be a conspiracy forum yet here we are catering to the corporations that are behind so many problems the world over. Absolutely ridiculous.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 01:57 AM
link   
I'm convinced it's by design.

I wouldn't be surprised if the entire board is funded by misplaced clicks.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:01 AM
link   
a reply to: euwhajavb

Yeah they suck but ATS has to make money. Or no ATS.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Yeah it sucks.

But everyone got bills to pay.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I really only see adds on the front page.

I stay in new topics. recent and" my ATS." and dont have the ad problem.

The ad on the left thats not loading is irritating me though.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:08 AM
link   

I just get peed off when I click a site but an ad jumps in and I open up a new page.

Pretty tricky. Dunno how they do it, but I can wait, - yeah alls clear - then click. I'm on an add.

Its a game I will win.

Kind regards,

Bally

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 03:09 AM
link   

Yes ads suck but they are necessary for the site to exist.

And to answer your question in regards to has anyone purchased anything from an ad. Yes I got a really cool knife that has a flashlight on it. Crappy quality but still cool.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Why are we accepting that "ads are necessary for the site to exist"? Do they have to be intrusive as such? Advertising is constant, everywhere. Brainwashing of the highest order by the broken record technique. Is there literally no other way to pay for a website in 2018?

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Allaroundyou
And to answer your question in regards to has anyone purchased anything from an ad. Yes

Interesting, I really thought people were more opposed to these ads. Even if I saw something that reminded me I needed to buy this or that, I wouldn't do it through the ad itself.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:22 AM
link   
It’s all about making easy cash nowadays sadly.

ATS unfortunately will never be the great site that it used to be because of easy ad revenus.

Stick in there mate... you never know... maybe Bill and his siblings might change their minds if certain people didn’t spam this forum out with their political crap!

MATSGA.

Distant (very) memories....

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 04:44 AM
link   

This site has a donate button somewhere, but it’s not easy to find like it should be and the owners don’t seem to push this kind of funding. Where as the value for value model is growing over other platforms. I think the owners are behind the times frankly.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 05:06 AM
link   
I am so SICK SICK SICK of them !!!!! Not that my opinion matters.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Totally agree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I understand sites like these need to make money, but these ads shouldn't be disrupting "our paid internet service!" These ads should be small and placed on the sides of the screen, and ads shouldn't be covering the material we're reading! The ads that pop up and start playing (some won't let you "x" out of them) are so annoying!!!

If these corporations want a favorable perspective from consumers, this certainly is not the way to create a positive image for their company or products. When consumers are so turned-off and have to "x" out of their ads and ignore them altogether, what exactly do these corporations think they're accomplishing? The main rule in Marketing 101 is a company and product should convey a positive product image. These ads do neither and the information being conveyed is falling on deaf ears.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Switch to Brave browser. Thank me later. I don't block the ads when I'm on a computer, but on a phone they make this site infuriating to navigate.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:08 AM
link   
In a way, I feel like I would be more tolerant of the ads if the 3 Amigos still gave a sh!t about this site. But they don’t, so I could care less about their ad revenue. They’ve seemingly lost interest in what used to be an amazing collection point of conspiracies and alternative news. I mean, I guess I don’t blame them in that regard; the site has been overrun by political activists who make 10 posts a day either for or against their preferred or hated political spectrum. It sure isn’t what it used to be. But a lot of that is due in large part to the sites ownership throwing in the towel.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Just about done with it also.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: euwhajavb
They're all over the page on mobile and making the site unbearable imo. Im about to just quit using the site. Does anyone buy anything from all these stupid ads anyway? Have you ever been trying to read a thread and scrolled by 3 ads taking up 2/3 of the screen ane said "hey you know what I am going to click this one and buy _____"?? Like what the fk, this is supposed to be a conspiracy forum yet here we are catering to the corporations that are behind so many problems the world over. Absolutely ridiculous.

What ads? Where? Am on mobile using DESKTOP VERSION...see whole pg-zooming in and out, no ads but 1 tiny rt.hand corner...

All the over quarter million members have no such issues. Never did, still don't.

This has been explained a zillion times.Its you, your devices, settings, browser choices, open links, open windows games held to cont. playing...

Its you...for gosh sakes...learn something...read about it and steps to take.

I got no expensive nothing...and have no issues....read BOARD and FRESHMAN forums for solutions!!!!!! They are there....
edit on 14-9-2018 by mysterioustranger because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 07:52 AM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I use brave as well. I'd forgotten what it was like to see an ad. It's amazing

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:06 AM
link   
LordAhriman
I'll give this a go, thanks.

posted on Sep, 14 2018 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: mysterioustranger

Hey buddy, my ad settings are turned off in Chrome, they don't give me many 'advanced options'.
edit on 9/14/2018 by euwhajavb because: No reason given

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join